Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ACSS Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Just wondering is there anyone able to reach a skill book which almost close to the ceiling of the dungeon room at the bottom of lovis tower, where you get in by looking at the lovis's scrying stone and get teleport there, and you will meet a ghost named toshan looking for revenge upon lovis.

The skill book can only be seen when you jump below it, where is at a corner in the dungeon. Since the toon wont able to grab or interact with item while jumping, there no way of grabbing that skill book.

[Linked Image]

ACSS Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Never mind, its been solved. I think majority will only be attracted to the weapons nears the exit only.

Huh? Is that a book? If so how did you solve it?

"He Who Lives By The Sword Shall Also Perish By The Sword."
ACSS Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Didnt my previous post answer your question? "attracted to the weapons nears the exit only"

Originally Posted by ACSS
Didnt my previous post answer your question? "attracted to the weapons nears the exit only"

Not really...I am not sure what you mean by "attracted to weapons". did you mean to say "attached" instead of attracted? Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by LordFess; 13/01/10 04:59 PM.

ACSS Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
If you had been in that dungeon before, you will probably understand what it means by "attracted to weapons near the exit", as there a mechanism in that dungeon that release weapons near the exit, and let you choose 1 of it.

There is another switch behind some cobwebs on the floor for this chain to come down.

People aren't attracted to the weapons, they wouldn't add this book for no reason at all.. -_-

ACSS Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
There is no such thing as other switch behind some cobwebs, or any extra switches. Its just that the skill books is very well hidden where can be easily miss out.

Thanks for the tip. So just to be sure. If you take the book then do you lose out on the weapons? Also there are two pedestals. One opens the door, which you can then jump on and press the switch that lowers everything. But what does the other pedestal do?

Ok I am with you now ACSS....sorry for the confusion....So the book comes down also along with the weapons but is well hidden right?

There is a switch ACSS you smartbottom and I will take a screenshot soon to prove your wrong. You think you know everything.

I just played through that area and from what i saw there's only 3 switches. There's a pedestal near the exit and another near the broken wall on the east side. Those two lower platforms so you can reach the 3rd switch which lowers the weapons and skill book. Taking any of them causes the others to rise out of reach. If there's another switch then it's either well hidden or has no apparent purpose.

ACSS Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by LordFess
Ok I am with you now ACSS....sorry for the confusion....So the book comes down also along with the weapons but is well hidden right?

Well finally you are back on track wink

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard