Print Thread
#508794 04/07/14 11:12 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
..where i document my attempts at modding, post advice plz kk thx

tltr; i will be attempting to;
- Remove second player char at chargen and dus lonewolf the game awooo~
- Unrestrict gender specific appearance stuff, bcuz i can (maybe)
- Custom class preset, just like the other presets stuff you start out with. Also! a with a custom title for the custom class *bling* *bling* shiny! ohohoo..
- Show all obtainable skills at the chargenmenu, greyed out ofc, just to help with planning out ones char
- maybe some other things later on

continued from;
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=508300#Post508300

Extracted main.pak, pasted it in my mod directory, removed unneeded folders like globals and such. i'm assuming i will only need the charactercreation and levels folders, trying to optimize..

Last edited by Magic Missile; 04/07/14 11:43 PM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
'You need developer rights to open the file' meaning i cant save my changes.............. gonna take nap, be back l8

Last edited by Magic Missile; 04/07/14 11:43 PM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
ignore this

Last edited by Magic Missile; 06/07/14 12:36 PM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
So.. Since i am cant save changes made to the charactercreation level, and manually editing the files also doesn't work.. the changes are simply not applied.

I thought, why not create a new chargen that ties into Cyseal. problem is idk how to create a menu that would allow a person to allocate skill&attribute points, change appearance/gender ect~

Maybe i could just skip straight to Cyseal, place respec trainer and mirrior at starting area.. hmm

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Tried extracting all main.pak files into mod folder, even without any edits no scripts will trigger in the main campaign..

Until they remove this resetting to default, i cant really do anything.. I figure the default settings are stored in either main1 or main2 pak, but current tool cannot extract files from those.

When it comes to the main campaigns, You can add but not change/remove.

Wonder if there is a script command for removing a player character..

Last edited by Magic Missile; 06/07/14 04:00 PM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Yesss, i managed to start with 1 player character.

I just extracted and put everything from data.pak into my mod folder, mod is without dependancies, the mistake i made before was not building the scripts. so after some edits and doing just that. Voilla!

I did my best to set all trigers to player1, removing any mention of player2, considering my inexperience with coding i prolly made some mistakes so i wont publish until i've played the game some more. Aside from that player1's model is not there in chargen(not being loaded) so cant customize appearance but can change skills&abilities without problem.

after looking into chargen problem, ill move onto unrestricting gender specific stuff and custom class preset. then playtest

veteran
veteran
congratulations :)))))

Link Copied to Clipboard