Print Thread
T
TZDZ Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Hi,

I wanted to pinpoint something that spoiled my end game...

I love the riddles and overall difficulty of the game, but I've lost 2 hours yesterday in the temple.

I really don't get what was the idea behind it : at the beginning of the self awareness test, you have to teleport on the other side of the broken bridge (that is fair) but you have to open the door.
However :
1) the door is visually blocked by rocks, so what is the logic of trying to manually open a door through rocks that block it ?
2) anyway, I had the idea of destroying the door, and teleport behind the rocks, which is impossible

Seriously, I'm still not even sure that the "solution" of it is not a glitch. You have to try opening a door that is blocked (and that is obviously not an illusion) through rocks, and activate a waypoint on the other side that your characters cannot even see. Seriously, that level design goes against every logic I can think of...

Or maybe that's a glitch and I didn't find the real solution ?

Cheers,

PS : something close happens in the mines, where you have to try destroying the rocks that seems to be indestructible (seriously, clearing the way in a collapsed corridor with one sword hit ??).

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Well, there is a tiny non shiny button near the rock.

T
TZDZ Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Really ? So activating the waypoint is a glitch ? Well I do prefer that, in some way.

Last edited by TZDZ; 04/08/14 10:02 AM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Sorry, confused with another area in the trial where there is a tiny button seemingly blocking a door, forcing to use teleport waypoint.

For this, I recall I did like you: used tactical retreat then teleported to the invisible waypoint. I think, you can also get there through a astarte mirror (not sure).
Design level wise it seems strange but take into account that role playing wise, the temple was not initially in this ruin state.

Last edited by Mugu; 04/08/14 10:12 AM.
Seemed lame to me too. It was obvious the door was obstructed by piles of rock.
Opening the doors and finding the portal behind it, it felt really buggy.

There was an occasion where I tried placing a pyramid behind some grating and it didn't work. It was somewhere in Hiberheim I think. But in the temple you suddenly can. Very frustrating.

I encountered an annoying bug in this temple as well, with a door which appeared open but I couldn't pass through it. When mouse-overed the icon showed it was locked.

Overall the temple was my least favourite part of the game by far. In my second playthrough I just went straight for the candles, since I knew which to ignite. >_>
Hopefully it'll get some dev attention.

T
TZDZ Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Yes, I also tried to teleport in the immaculate temple (where you get the blood) : just after entering, the bridge is collapse and you have to find the secret passage. An invisible wall blocks your character vision...

But in my opinion, it's much less a problem compared to this door you have to open despite the rocks telling you "you can't open" in order to activate the waypoint from a distance.

I also got the closed-looking-open door bug.

veteran
veteran
Yup on the closed-looking door.

Also VERY yup on the temple being pretty bad overall, and the OP mentioned section in particular... it absolutely makes no sense at all, and reeks of 'what the...?' rather than 'I cleverly solved this!' (I used a guide btw)

As for the mine, also in agreement... after combing the entire mine, I finally got told I needed the peeps there. So the awkwardly find a point to teleport over game began, and I found one... only to learn somewhat shortly after that those rocks where destroyable... from the start! So much pain I could have avoided smirk

EDIT:
As for TZDZ's mentioned location, I also did use teleport there finding just the right location that was very hard to mark.
Anyone wanna spoil me what the proper way was. I suppose a door seeing the path leading back to the wall, but I couldn't detect it...

Last edited by Hassat Hunter; 12/08/14 06:12 AM.
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
For the Source Temple, I had to use a game guide or two in English. And at least one in German! Being from Denmark, I can read German. However, I found the Source Temple to be very frustrating.
Especially, the hatch puzzle at the end of the temple...

Also, you sometimes need to open a door via a hidden button. You'll need to have a perception of at least 14 or 15 before the button reveals itself. At a certain point in the hatch puzzle, you also need a rather high perception to reveal this hidden button. I somehow must have the info on this.

Teacher from Denmark

Link Copied to Clipboard