Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#405606 08/02/10 11:44 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ok Before i plug my stat points in(2nd playthough) I want to know if i can go full dex archer even though it doesnt give as much dam as str to war but will i need str for Bows and armor or is there any armor type that is full dex

2nd Question is there any bouns speach or choices after you beat the game I made this archer before i completed my first playthough

If this game was pvp I would kindly show you my WoR and explosvie arrow
Support
Support

AFAIK there are no changes or bonuses for completing the game that carry over into subsequent games.

Raze #405628 09/02/10 03:15 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Without strength you are shooting cardboard arrows instead of wood or metal :P but definately your main focus is DEX..also need INT to defend from magic...as well as spirit to enable powerful arrows as well as Health to be able to survive one good hit lol So you really just need to make a balance,

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Theirs two types of rangers you could be, dex or int. With dex you should put 1 point in str, 2 in dex and 1 in int. With int you do the same but put 2 points in int and 1 in dex. The advantage of a int ranger is you can use magical bows and magical melee weapons as well as gain high increases in spell damage if you choose to use them, however if you use magical bows you won't get use out of Ranger Strength or Way of the Ranger as they only increase the ranged damage of a bow.(Though you could use Way of the Battle Mage which will increase magic damage of bows and melee weapons as well as spells.) Dex rangers can get use out of those skills but will be weaker in other areas. Rouge armor mainly needs dex but will also need some strength to use, and if you spread points like I said you should never have an issue. You may also want to use Nightbringer armor as it protects against ranged and magic damage.

You don't need spi or vit points as you should be able to find/buy equipment with health and mana boosts. Things like Jackson's Amulet and other items sold by merchants such as needlemen and mara should be able to keep your health and mana high enough. If you want you can put extra stat points gotten from mind-reading and other ways, and split them between vit and spirit.

Last edited by 30johner; 09/02/10 05:21 AM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard