Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#438818 15/02/11 02:02 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I defeated Laiken and found the dragon stone and was immediately shifted to dragon shape, but now I can't get past the ballista towers. I keep getting killed. I can't find a place to land and shift back either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thnanks,

CharlieMac

There IS only One/Three!
Support
Support

You can not change back to human form until this fight is over, but you can fly away behind the battle tower, etc.

Keep moving; hit target lock for towers/nests and circle around while holding the Fire Breath trigger/key down. Once you take out most of the opponents you will automatically return to the battle tower.

You should have one skill point that you can put into Dragon Spirit, and can get a second dragon skill point if you explore the fjords before getting the tower.

On the Xbox, a burst of speed is triggered by the left shoulder button. On the PC this is done by right clicking or hitting the 'E' key.

first time dragon help needed please

Why is dragon so hard?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
You should be able to drop onto any of the airborne platforms where the ballistas are situated: they'll stop shooting at you once you're in human form (though beware any already launched missiles as they may still hit you). That should give you enough of a chance to recuperate so that you're ready for another round. smile

Edit: bah, Raze beat me to it and it seems my advice was incorrect anyway. Double bah! :hihi:

Last edited by Vometia; 15/02/11 03:01 AM.

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

Your advice would work for flying fortresses, etc, or if you teleport back outside on Sentinel Island to finish off the remaining opponents, but for the first battle you can not use the dragon stone or dragon morph stone until it is over.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Another question. I have gotten past the first battle, and have gone to Orobas Fjords and destroyed the ballista towers, but how do I destroy the nests? Seems like no matter how many flying demon bugs I kill, the nest just keeps sending them out, and if I cross their protective barrier, I die instantly. If I can succeed in killing the nest trees, do the other barriers come down? Seems like I can't go anywhere except the Battle Tower and Orobas Fjords. Help!

Thanks!

CharlieMac

There IS only One/Three!
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
OK! I figured out how to get in the bunker and turn off the force fields, but where are the keys to the cage where the person is locked up, and the chest upstairs?

There IS only One/Three!
Support
Support

You should be able to take out the nests with Fire Sphere, even without disabling the anti-dragon shields.

You can teleport to an outside teleporter on Sentinel Island, to finish off the remaining opponents, and find some loot. You can also now get to the boat in a tree, though you may want to use the item yourself, rather than complete the quest.

They key for the cage is on the beach below. You can mindread one of the soldiers for a clue (that he threw it out the window), but it will be on the beach regardless. The woman in the cage will give you the key for the chest once she is free.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard