Print Thread
#359199 21/01/09 02:31 PM
L
LACU Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
first of all i'm sorry that i'm not English speaker.
it may seem out of sense or make you confused.

I saw somewhat cool hints that if the class is survivor, I can have speed of frog.
what the text says is :
"Stamina and speed with Survivor
When using a Survivor, look for a Frog Statuette. Then, use your Special Move and click on the Frog Statuette to turn into a frog. The frog will be invisible. Use all its stamina and right click to change back to a human. You will have full stamina instead of no stamina. However, you will also have the speed of the frog and its slow stamina consumption too. To disable this, change into any animal without using your Special Move. Then, change back to human. Note: Your stamina will fall to zero again."

but I cannot use the Frog Statuette while using Special Move(sneak).

I patched DD with ver.1.00
was the glitch fixed with ver.1.00?

If it is fixed, is there any way to speed up my character?

I just get tired of running.
I don't know where is the field I wanna go and I always use "A key".
It is too dizzy to go anywhere! Especially in dungeon or hatch, a dark area.

Support
Support

I don't know if using statuettes while sneaking was disabled in the latest game version. I started a survivor character, but didn't get far enough to find a frog statuette.

When loading the game, I would always hit 'R' to toggle the always-run mode to on, which was fine for exploring. Of course once I got a frog statuette, I would use it when I needed to get through an already cleared area without using the teleporter stones.

If you are comfortable hex editing you can change your character's speed setting, but it will be reset if you use a statuette, etc.

Some more hex offsets... (see Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor as a reference)

I don't have DD installed at the moment, but I may be able to check the statuette trick in the next day or two.

Welcome to the forum. wave

L
LACU Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Thank you for your so fast reply!

I didn't know about the hex editor. I will try it soon, maybe tomorrow. It is late night here.

what other occasions reset the editted speed? as you say when using a statuette that something like changing the character's status?

(all about it was described at the text, sorry ^^;)

Last edited by LACU; 21/01/09 04:18 PM.
L
LACU Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Help me!

I saw Tips Raze showed me that use a hex editor. Now I have 'Hackman' the editor and I tried to change the speed. but I cannot understand how to do this.

Move speed :
AgentsV0.935 25-02-2002
Offset +0x247
Reverse byte order current form move speed 2 bytes.
0401 - normal speed
0801 - frog walk

What does it mean? I open 'data.000' and that is all i could.
what is 'AgentsV0.935 25-02-2002'? 'Offset +0x247', I think it means just add value '0x247' to offset. right? ... editing is too difficult frown

===============================================

I realize that ASCII Mode Search and I could search 'AgentsV0.935 25-02-2002'.
and... what should I do? I still don't know what 'Offset +0x247' means and where is 0401 which value I wanna edit.

Last edited by LACU; 25/01/09 11:18 AM.
Support
Support

In Hackman 7.0x, open the data.000 file and search (ASCII mode) for 'AgentsV' (that is enough, you don't need the whole version number and date string). The 'A' will be selected when the program moves to that part of the file.
To move forward in the file by the given offset, select the menu 'Edit | Goto...' (or hit Ctrl+G), fill in the offset (247 in this case), in the Settings section select 'From this position', leave the Mode on Hex and hit the 'Goto...' button. The program will then jump forward to the speed value.

There was a serious filesize limit introduced in the freeware version of Hackman 8.x (it will only open the first 200KB of a file, or something like that). If you are searching for AgentsV but do not find it, that is probably the problem; switch to an earlier version or try another hex editor.
Here is a working link to the previous version of Hackman (7.02) (click on the largish blue button with the down arrow, then again on the next page).

The teleporting topic (link above) describes the file structure a little bit, so may help you understand what you are doing more with the speed value. It sounds like you pretty much have it, though, and just ran into the limits of recent Hackman versions.

stranger
stranger
you should use the sneak after you press the frog statatuette
but you have to be fast!

=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=
new member of Larian
hello!
M
stranger
stranger
M
I just used the Stamina potions and let him run them down. He either rns them down - or runs into trouble!
Not technically great, but an amusing diversion. smile

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard