Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So, there is a treasure chest inside a small bump in the arc between the shipwreck and Kenneth. It´s easily visible when walking under there, but HOW do you get there?

I figured it was Dragon only, but when I got there (taking some poison damage, sure) the chest was gone.
You figure you could walk easily over the by jumping a few rocks near the barrier, as there is a perfect path there to the treasure chest, but it's all blocked off by invisible walls!

So... anyone knows?

Last edited by Hassat Hunter; 16/05/11 08:45 PM. Reason: title for question post #3
Support
Support

From DKS - Chest on Sentinel Island

Originally Posted by SauronSLO
I finally found the way to the chest. It's nothing special inside.

http://www.shrani.si/f/2V/7G/2W7WqDBK/waytothechest.jpg

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks.

New question; what does "HIC SUNT DRACONES" mean? I've searched the forums, past 3 years, and found 1 hit(!), and it's in German. Surely I am not the only one wondering?

addict
addict
It's Latin for 'here be dragons'

EDIT: It seems I recall in school (many moons ago) about something similar connected to a map of China and Marco Polo. I'd have to look it up to be sure. I could be way off.

Last edited by SENIOR CINCO; 16/05/11 09:00 PM.

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks all.
That concludes the questions I think smile.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Never looked at Archaeology ? wink

The "Here be dragons" has spawned quite a lot of modern satire maps - like the infamous "The World According To America" map http://www.welfarestate.com/map/ and similar things. wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
stranger
stranger
where are jonah ghost,,,, he don't appear to me... i go in that place where he need stay ... but he never stay there. i think have a error in my game.... im install patch 1 and 2 but nothing make to jonah ghost appear there. whats a problem.... i am thinking if have a hour of day to appear there or somethig thing.... now im dont have nothing more to do in the game ..... almost with idea what to do. grrrrrrr

Support
Support

Jonah should be there from the start; you don't need to wait or do anything to trigger his appearance. He is not in Vacca's haunted cave, if that is where you were looking.

From the beach (IIRC) teleporter shrine (near where you start on the island, on the opposite side of the hermit's cave), look west (out to sea). The windy peninsula with the grave should be off to the right, while Jonah is at the very end of the peninsula to the left (by a fishing pole).

Sentinel Island map (from D2:ED, but the geography is the same in DKS)

Once you bring Jonah the necklace that Catherine gives you he will disappear. If he was never at that spot, email support@larian.com.

Alternately, you can just skip the 2 side quests he is required for.

If you are stuck on what to do next, here is a hint that may or may not be relevant;
You got a book of magic (Arcane Notebook) that can control wind when you rescued the guy on the top of the pillar (near the trainer Kenneth). There is a windy spot near where you start on the island with a tombstone and three candles...

Speaking of the windy peninsula, have you done any swimming?
Jump into the water to either side of that peninsula, and you can swim to the entrance of a hidden cave.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard