Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I recently bought the game on the Steam sale and I'm truly impressed. It is by no means a perfect game, but I can't remember the last time I had so much fun with a PC RPG.

Anyway, after playing for a while (just finished the Down the Hatch quest), I've noticed that there are apparently two types of dragons in the game, or at least two types of Dragon Knights.

The main hero, however you name them, has a two wings + two legs setup, same as the original user of their powers.

However, many draconic statues and skeletons show a 2 wings + 4 legs setup.
Including the skeleton of Orobas, who was undoubtedly a Dragon Knight like you.

Still, the only true dragon we meet, the Patriarch, has the same setup as the main hero and Talana. So, are there two types of dragons/dragon knights? Or maybe Orobas used magic to enhance his dragon form?

This really intrigues me for some reason.

cya
RazzyRazzy

Last edited by RazzyRazzy; 28/06/11 03:11 AM.
Support
Support

The main character transforming into a wyvern was a deliberate design choice, so the dragon form would correspond more to human form (ie arms become wings, rather than wings just forming).

It is possible the basic dragon knight form is a wyvern, but if you become powerful enough (like Orobas), or old enough, you can more closely match a true dragon form. Maybe an extra test / quest / blessing is required from a true dragon.

The dragon Patriarch had arms, legs and wings in Divine Divinity. For D2:ED / DKS I don't know if he took a wyvern form to talk to your character, because he wanted a change of pace when he moved to that cave, or Larian just went with a different design.

Welcome to the forum. wave

enthusiast
enthusiast
I thought exactly the same thing. Yes, the patriarch had 4 legs and 2 wings in Divine Divinity but only two legs in ED. As Raze put it I think it's probably a game design thing; Dragon Knights are wyvern form but Larian didn't make a seperate model for the Patriarch. It was probably easier to make them both the same.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Ah, I see. Maybe the wyvern form is smaller or something, so he better fit in the cave. >.> Not that the forms matter since no flying enemies engage in physical combat, just use long-range attacks. :B

Thank you for the answers.

@Arokh: Nice to see a fellow Drakkan fan around. I kinda picked the game up partially because I thought it looked similar to the first Drakkan game. Still have to play through the second one, too bad it's only on PS2, controls are annoying. @.@

cya
RazzyRazzy

EDIT: As side note, does anyone know the name of the music track used for Kali's flying fortress? It's so awesome, yet I can't find the track anywhere. I tried the music download links on the composer's site, but I didn't find it in the downloaded batch. D: Is that track available anywhere?

Last edited by RazzyRazzy; 29/06/11 09:55 AM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard