Next Thread
Print Thread
#452655 08/01/12 05:16 PM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
So i wanted this game and was about to get it yesterday, but then i saw on Steam's Store Page

SecuRom:
5 Machine Activation Limit

But after looking around i see the DRM has finally been removed claphands thankyou , which is fantastic. BUT, has it been removed from the Steam version yet? And if so, i would advise you guys at Larian to update the Steam Store Page, as i know i am NOT the only one who was interested in your game but stopped due to the DRM.

Support
Support

AFAIK Steam has not released the DRM free executable through their system yet (they hadn't a couple weeks ago, anyway). A couple people in another topic asked about that, but I don't know if they tried checking with Steam.

You can manually replace the executable, if you wish, and then start the game directly from it (or a shortcut) rather than through Steam's client.

Welcome to the forum. wave

T
stranger
stranger
T
Correct. As of today the Steam patch has still not been released, but the exe can be replaced with the community patch from here: http://www.larian.com/dks_DRM_free_community.php, so you can launch the game without SecuROM or the Steam client.

I'm a little worried that Focus may have killed the Steam patch for business reasons (the Steam store being something of a competitor to Focus' own site), but I hope that's just paranoia talking.

Raze #452711 10/01/12 11:57 PM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Thanks for the welcome thankyou.

I will try your suggestion and contact Steam. Will update once i hear back from them.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Big McLargeHuge
Thanks for the welcome thankyou.

I will try your suggestion and contact Steam. Will update once i hear back from them.

Did you manage to get a reply?

ThreeSon #452866 18/01/12 06:45 AM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Yes, I just got the reply. Here it is:

Originally Posted by Steam Support
Patches for third party games can only be distributed through Steam once the following two actions have occurred:

(1) The Publisher has provided us with the necessary files
(2) The Publisher has given us permission to release the update

The latest patches will be released as soon as possible, and will be downloaded automatically when available.

If you have questions about the availability of a specific patch, please contact the support department for the game in question.

Your patience is appreciated, please let us know if you have any other questions.

So it's Focus holding this up. Will someone at Larian PLEASE look into this?

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
No answer huh? Well then i guess Larian and Focus won't be getting any of my money disagree.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The ball is in steam's court right now. Should not be much longer until the non-drm version is available on the Steam client, although we cannot give you an exact date.

Should be a matter of days, but again, we are not 100% sure when exactly.

Larian_QA #452983 23/01/12 11:59 AM
G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
The ball is in steam's court right now. Should not be much longer until the non-drm version is available on the Steam client, although we cannot give you an exact date.

So are you saying that it was only just submitted to steam now?

Larian_QA #453003 23/01/12 11:45 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Larian_QA

That's enough for me. I was just worried you'd forgotten about us. Thanks for checking on it.

ThreeSon #453030 25/01/12 02:18 AM
G
stranger
stranger
G
The game has updated and the SecuROM is gone! Thanks so much laugh

Goteki45 #453034 25/01/12 04:32 AM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Thank you! I will now be buying it. By the way guys, it still says 5 machine activation limit on the store page. That's gonna keep the people who don't check the forums from buying it. You should probably update the Steam store page.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Thank you, Larian.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard