Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I been playing Divinity II dks for a long time now (Great Game), and find the capped to 30 fps annoying, then I patched the game and change to 60 fps, the stutter begins, dammit, try every posible option available in the graphics and driver options, with no luck.

I was running an ATLHON II X2 250 @ 3,5 OC cpu 4GB DDR800 RAM and 2 gtx260 in SLI (Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3 profile in SLI compatibility bits, via NVIDIA inspector... IT WORKS FOR SLI!!!!) But with stutter still on...

Well.. after several months, I change the cpu for a PHENOM II X4 965 @ 3,9 OC, due an obvious cpu bottleneck, afterwards testing the new performance the system gain (like 8-28 fps more), for my deligth I found that in Divinity II DKS the STUTTER WAS GONE FOREVER!!!, and with the SLI PROFILE I early wrote, was getting solid 60 fps (vsynk on) and without any STUTTER!!!! NICE!!! (still havent been able to turn AA + HDR, trying every profile I found, but.. what the hell, you cant have it all)

I think that this game needs a quad core cpu, even a triple core will do fine I think, no stutter. NVIDIA just release a beta driver that enhance the performance in dual-core cpus who have been perfomed badly in some cases, who knows this may work (havent try it), and if you have a SLI configuration, try the profile I gave, it worth a try.

So... I was just thinking to post this, maybe someone will find it usefull in some any way.. and sorry for the bad english, is not my native language.

Support
Support

Thanks for the report, and welcome to the forum. wave

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks, just trying to help. delight

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard