Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Does anyone know if you get better loot drops when playing on Hard or Nightmare difficulty?? I was just wondering if drops scale to difficulty levels through the random generator.

C
stranger
stranger
C
No idea if it really does, but i doubt it, wouldn't it be kind of counter productive to make the game harder and then give you better loot so i becomes just as easy again? Unless you want worse loot on harder difficulty, then that might make some sense.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Ive played through Divinity 2:DKS twice now, once on normal and once on casual, and i didnt get any different loot or extra/less XP relative to the difficulty

360 Gamertag: Carl Gustavio
PSN: Louis-Lewis
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I think the previous posts are right about difficulty level, but I suspect you get better random loot based on character level - I definately felt I got more epic stuff at higher levels, even when I went back to unlock old chests with my newfound lockpicking skills.

I could be wrong though...

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Trippy
I think the previous posts are right about difficulty level, but I suspect you get better random loot based on character level - I definately felt I got more epic stuff at higher levels, even when I went back to unlock old chests with my newfound lockpicking skills.

I could be wrong though...

This is a good point. I wonder if the loot is random then? If you open up earlier chests with a much higher level character later on, have the developers ensured that the game gives you better equipment?

360 Gamertag: Carl Gustavio
PSN: Louis-Lewis
C
stranger
stranger
C
Chests are levelled, i think open ones create loot when you get within a certain range of them, locked ones are generated when unlocked. So yeah if you leave a locked chest for late game it will contain better loot.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Chillwill
Chests are levelled, i think open ones create loot when you get within a certain range of them, locked ones are generated when unlocked. So yeah if you leave a locked chest for late game it will contain better loot.

This is true with the original ED, but I had some doubts for the DKS version. While still on the other patch 1.4.9.32, when I try collecting all my locked chest in broken valley and sentinel island before facing laiken, I found alot of locked chests in the starting area such as broken valley village, the contents seems not on par with my character level. Eg a rank 4 locked chest in the barracks, which I tried reloaded for quite some times, only seems to provide equipments lower than level 4.

And while comparing to the original ED which I still roughly remembered, there will always a piece of equipments in locked chest, be it armor or weapon. But in the DKS version, majority locked chest only provide me with minor gold and low rank potions. Maybe out of 10 relaod, I will only encounter equipment once as contents for majority of the locked chest.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard