Larian Studios
Posted By: thirion how about divinity 3? - 28/04/10 09:26 AM
so yea, i know there's a div2 expansion in development, but it will be just a patch on to div 2.
my question is, if, and when, there will be a div 3 game, how do you expect it to be?
how do you expect it to look? and so on and so forth.. =)
Posted By: Lar_q Re: how about divinity 3? - 28/04/10 09:32 AM
I can't comment on Divinity 3, but regarding Flames of Vengeance, it's actually quite extensive for an add-on and to just call it a patch would be doing disservice to the amount of work that's been put in.
Posted By: Raven.rpg Re: how about divinity 3? - 29/04/10 05:11 PM
Yea show some respect
Posted By: DeviRyuuD Re: how about divinity 3? - 30/04/10 11:13 PM
My guessing is that the term expansion is unknown to the new generation kids, right?
Posted By: Kein Re: how about divinity 3? - 01/05/10 10:23 AM
I thought you say DLC but ok.
Posted By: thirion Re: how about divinity 3? - 01/05/10 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lar_q
I can't comment on Divinity 3, but regarding Flames of Vengeance, it's actually quite extensive for an add-on and to just call it a patch would be doing disservice to the amount of work that's been put in.

i diden't meant it to sound like it's an update patch on.
i tryed to give the frame picture, that it's gona run on the same graphics, and with some changes, would still be the same gameplay, on the same story ongo.

the idea to my question was, what graphic/gameplay/storyline, and details, would you hope for in the next game to come, not the expansion-because the expansion features are somewhat obvious.

so any way, sorry to diss =) have a happy moderating/playing
Posted By: Razac Re: how about divinity 3? - 02/05/10 03:44 PM
Flames of vengeace seems like a expansion to me like dragon age awakening and they dindt have announced yet dragon age 2 so lets waits for this expansion/add-on
Posted By: RyuRanX Re: how about divinity 3? - 03/05/10 10:13 PM
I hope Divinity III goes back to the series root, with isometric perspective and the beautiful 2D art. I loved the mix between Diablo and Ultima, and I REALLY missed this on Divinity II.
Posted By: Libertarian Re: how about divinity 3? - 04/05/10 05:00 AM
Originally Posted by RyuRanX
I hope Divinity III goes back to the series root, with isometric perspective and the beautiful 2D art. I loved the mix between Diablo and Ultima, and I REALLY missed this on Divinity II.

I used to prefer an isometric view for my RPGs, but I've grown to like a more personal camera view.

Divinity II: Ego Draconis has become my favorite Divinity title.
Posted By: Razac Re: how about divinity 3? - 04/05/10 08:11 AM
changing now is a big mistake, and i think diablo 3 will sell well because of the fans are huge.
if i were them i would expand the world improve the game about the mistakes they did in this title they can learn it for divinity 3 and not do again.
if they follow the path of divinity 2 i think in the future larian can have one of the best rpgs outthere.
even Two worlds failed in the 1st game and now the sequel shows promise
Posted By: Stabbey Re: how about divinity 3? - 04/05/10 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by RyuRanX

I disagree. There's absolutely no need for that except for the sake of nostalgia. The isomentric perspective and sprites isn't what made Divine Divinity good. It wasn't that we could pick up and move every individual cup, plate and fork

What made Divine Divinity good was the wide-open world with lots of interesting NPC's and interlocking and interrelated quests which were more than just simple fetch or "kill me the monstar" quests.

Posted By: thirion Re: how about divinity 3? - 05/05/10 03:16 AM
yea, i agree with stabbey.
every game i play is all about "kill that monster X times" or "kill that monster untill Y drops"
and the all time fevorite "go talk to this guy, so he can send you back to me"

the originality and the unique quests in divinity 1 made the game a success, and gave it a life.
if divinity 3 want to be a success, it needs that kind of viraity in quests collection.

lol, i personaly can list tons of idea's on what a div3 should have, out of what div2exp wont probebly get (like a server and multiplayer gameplay with achivment's. meh..)
Posted By: ThePhantomChef Re: how about divinity 3? - 05/05/10 04:02 AM
Will this expansion be available for purchase on Xbox Live? Whatever DV3 comes out to be...I bet it will be great, they did a good job on this one afterall
Posted By: Raze Re: how about divinity 3? - 05/05/10 06:15 AM

Yes, the add-on will be released on PC and on Xbox Live Marketplace.
Posted By: Joram Re: how about divinity 3? - 05/05/10 08:35 AM
I love both perspectives: 2D and 3D too!

Like Stabbey and others say I agree: a game is for me good if the Quests are like in DD!
And for me the Skills are also important! Personal I find the Skills in DD better, more possibilities like Repair, Identify, Know Creature ...
... The Alchemy-system I find more fun in DD than in D II.
But still, I find D II very good and fun and take it like it is, despites all my "nostalgy" to the DD world biggrin

PS: so I simply choose to play Divine Divinity again (on steam-version), still !! delight

Posted By: turttle Re: how about divinity 3? - 05/05/10 10:30 PM
is this expansion going to be on all consoles or just computer, or just xbox?
Posted By: Raze Re: how about divinity 3? - 06/05/10 02:39 AM

PC and Xbox.
Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: how about divinity 3? - 19/05/10 03:33 PM
Personally, I'd like to see other kinds of games taking place within this universe as well.

I could imagine Adventure games, SIMs and RTS.

But that's just my opinion ... wink
Posted By: turttle Re: how about divinity 3? - 26/09/10 04:46 AM
does anyone know when they are making it, and the release date, or around the time that it is going to be coming out
Posted By: Raze Re: how about divinity 3? - 26/09/10 05:38 AM

They will be starting on Divinity 3 as soon as they finish off other projects. See A quick status update.

A release date would be wild conjecture at this point.

DD - 2002
BD - 2004
D2:ED - 2009/2010
FoV/DKS - 2010 (expected)
D3 ... 2015, or so ???
Posted By: MysterD Re: how about divinity 3? - 28/09/10 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by thirion
my question is, if, and when, there will be a div 3 game, how do you expect it to be?

I expect A LOT of changes in Div 3, given how Ego Draconis turned out.

But, I really need to see the improvements in Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga Edition before I can mention what kind of improvements would be necessary in a Div 3.

If I was going by Div 2: Ego Draconis (Original), I think A LOT is necessary...
For starters...

1. Improved balancing in the game;
2A. A key to reset the camera right back behind the player (as long as the cam stays unlocked);
2B. AND/OR a Toggle Lock/Unlock The Camera Switch.
3A. Journal might tell the player what Level they should be to attempt a specific quest (as long as they key hard-coding area with specific Levels in mind);
3B. AND/OR a warning on-screen to the player if they are about to enter an area or take a quest on above or below their level (as long as they keep hard-coding quests and areas);
Posted By: turttle Re: how about divinity 3? - 28/09/10 09:58 AM
oh ok
Posted By: Stabbey Re: how about divinity 3? - 29/09/10 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by MysterD

But, I really need to see the improvements in Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga Edition before I can mention what kind of improvements would be necessary in a Div 3.

For starters...

2A. A key to reset the camera right back behind the player (as long as the cam stays unlocked);
3A. Journal might tell the player what Level they should be to attempt a specific quest (as long as they key hard-coding area with specific Levels in mind);
3B. AND/OR a warning on-screen to the player if they are about to enter an area or take a quest on above or below their level (as long as they keep hard-coding quests and areas);

I don't think warnings and labels for when you should attempt a quest are needed.

You can see the enemy level when you're close enough, and that should tell you if it's safe to try to fight, or if you should run.
Posted By: Joram Re: how about divinity 3? - 30/09/10 05:48 AM
I agree with Stabbey !

No need for warnings and labels ... it's just more a thrilling adventure if there's the change to be surprized by a (to) strong enemy :hihi:
Posted By: MysterD Re: how about divinity 3? - 03/10/10 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Originally Posted by MysterD

For starters...

I don't think warnings and labels for when you should attempt a quest are needed.

You can see the enemy level when you're close enough, and that should tell you if it's safe to try to fight, or if you should run.

About Level Warnings in the journal or while you're about to enter an areame - it could be an option the player could toggle on or off, if they're that worried about that, while playing on-the-fly.

Sometimes, running is not enuff -- it might be too late, depending on what kind of enemies are after you - especially if they are Mages.
Posted By: Demonic Re: how about divinity 3? - 08/10/10 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by Razac
changing now is a big mistake, and i think diablo 3 will sell well because of the fans are huge.
if i were them i would expand the world improve the game about the mistakes they did in this title they can learn it for divinity 3 and not do again.
if they follow the path of divinity 2 i think in the future larian can have one of the best rpgs outthere.
even Two worlds failed in the 1st game and now the sequel shows promise

To you maybe. Two Worlds II is actually Two Worlds with better graphics and combat. All the RPG elements are the same. Weapon stacking, unlearning skills, stacking up spells and riding on horses is still there.

If Larian wants to make the best RPG, they could. Make a free roaming world that has no loading screens and allow us to fly great distances as a dragon. Due to the fact that quests were given by humans on the ground and that caves could only be accessed and ground enemies fought on the ground, it gives reason to also travel on the ground.

Combine with us being able to fight dragons in human form and you will have a epic role playing game. Nothing is better than thrusting your sword into a dragon and having it fly off with you hanging onto it.

The Battle tower should have given us an army so we could go to war with Damien.
Posted By: Veryl Re: how about divinity 3? - 14/10/10 10:51 AM
I really like D2 so far. All I would like to see is more polish, add monster respawns and add some way to see levels of quest.
Posted By: dead dragon Re: how about divinity 3? - 09/02/11 09:37 PM
with divinity 3 they could keep to 3D but the could majorly improve the quests , make the endding better for starters and just the overall quality of the game rather than find this key on the wooden beam above u to open the chest infront of you and add a lock picking system like oblivion or fallout,,,,,
If larian are reading this heed it and you will gain fans and money too, oh yea and when its in easy mode MAKE IT EASY!!!!!!!
Posted By: Raze Re: how about divinity 3? - 09/02/11 10:01 PM

Actually, Larian has a couple projects in pre-production (see Lar's post here), one with a top down view, and the other similar to DKS.

Welcome to the forum. wave
Posted By: CrazyDiamond Re: how about divinity 3? - 13/02/11 01:30 PM
i believe easy mode IS easy. Apperantly you never went in the same fight twice, changing the difficulty.

All i have to say is that i really love the current camera & that if we ever get to meet damian in a fight again, i will be seriously dissapointed if hes not going to kick my ass that hard there will be no doubts about leveling up first . allot .

only thing im missing is that you cannot drop keys out of your inventory . bc i kinda got some keys which i never used and now im carrying them all the way from broken valley to aleroth laugh .
© Larian Studios forums