Larian Studios
Posted By: Jasmine Moldovia Release Date? - 01/11/10 10:20 PM
We were told DKS was releasing in November by the FAQ as Nov 1st rolls here, do we have a more concrete date?
Posted By: Gwenio Re: Release Date? - 01/11/10 10:23 PM
The 5th.
Posted By: Jasmine Moldovia Re: Release Date? - 01/11/10 10:41 PM
We have confirmation on that? Is that North America/US?
Posted By: Gwenio Re: Release Date? - 01/11/10 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Jasmine Moldovia
We have confirmation on that? Is that North America/US?

That is when their online store is to open and it will be availible everywhere through it. Now if that is when it will be availible elsewhere I do not know.
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Release Date? - 02/11/10 10:25 AM
The Dragon Knight Saga (PC, German) - Gold and being manufactured as we speak. I think there's a chance you can start seeing it appear in shops in the week of October 25th already.

The Dragon Knight Saga (PC - English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) - Ready, we're doing some last things on the installer, and it should head off to the manufacturing plant today (so basically, you can consider it gold).

The Dragon Knight Saga (Xbox 360 - English, French, Italian, Spanish version) - We've just received word that it's passed certification so printing should commence soon enough, in time for a November 5th release

The Dragon Knight Saga (Xbox 360 - German+French) - In the last stages of certification

Flames Of Vengeance (English, French, Italian, Spanish) - English/French are ready except for the installers, Italian/Spanish are in final QA.

We still have some work on the polish and russian versions.

From the status update.

Most European versions should be released November 5th. It should drop down sometime this week. I'm hoping to get my copy tomorrow or Thursday if it has been sent out yet.

Hopefully there won't be another episode where America has to wait two months before they get to play it (though at least it's them waiting for a change, lol). If it has been sent out for a global release then America normally get their games released on a Tuesday (I think) so it would either be out today or next week for America.

This is just my speculation mind. Don't take this as fact.

Posted By: VampLena Re: Release Date? - 02/11/10 12:48 PM
So far, Gamersgate is the ONLY place I see it being up for purchase for Americans

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-D2KNS/divinity-ii-the-dragon-knight-saga

I'd love to get it on steam but if if Gamersgate is the only place selling this to Americans, then everyone else looses out because I'll support Gamersgate for giving it to us.
Posted By: Lar_q Re: Release Date? - 02/11/10 01:31 PM
Hello,

I just playtested the Steam version, so it should be up there in time. You should also be able to get it from Larian's store directly this week, most likely from thursday on.

Also, I just opened up the retail version for both PC & Xbox360, meaning that retailers should be getting them soon too, at least in Western Europe, Canada and Australia.
Posted By: MysterD Re: Release Date? - 02/11/10 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Hello,

I just playtested the Steam version, so it should be up there in time. You should also be able to get it from Larian's store directly this week, most likely from thursday on.

Is this Steam version for the USA coming soon?
Posted By: Demonic Re: Release Date? - 02/11/10 10:55 PM
The UK is in western Europe.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Divinity-II..._8?ie=UTF8&qid=1288738466&sr=8-8

Amazon.co.uk says November 12th is the release date.

I look forward to playing it.
Posted By: brandysnap Re: Release Date? - 03/11/10 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by Demonic
The UK is in western Europe.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Divinity-II..._8?ie=UTF8&qid=1288738466&sr=8-8

Amazon.co.uk says November 12th is the release date.

I look forward to playing it.

game.co.uk and gamestation.co.uk are listing Dragon Knight Saga for xbox 360 as releasing on the 5th.
and the 26th of november for the PC version.

and Steam isnt listing the game at all, even in the 'coming soon' category.

so id like to know exactly whats going on.
Posted By: EdCrane Re: Release Date? - 03/11/10 10:51 AM
Hi,
I can't find any UK site listing Dragon Knight Saga retail, and it's only 2 days away from release.
When will it be available? I prefer to have a physical copy, you know. smile
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Release Date? - 03/11/10 04:41 PM
People read the posts above...

Steam Version is coming very soon...Lar just played the Steam Version/

And Game.co.uk,Gamestation and Amazon have DKS Listed.
SO check those sites along with other UK Sites.
Posted By: EdCrane Re: Release Date? - 03/11/10 06:08 PM
Actually, I was asking about the PC version. Only game.co.uk has it.
Posted By: brandysnap Re: Release Date? - 03/11/10 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by EdCrane
Actually, I was asking about the PC version. Only game.co.uk has it.

well you said noone had it originally. now you say Game has it. so youve got your answer.
Posted By: EdCrane Re: Release Date? - 03/11/10 06:36 PM
very helpful...
Posted By: Lostsheep Re: Release Date? - 03/11/10 08:39 PM
He's saying only Game.co.uk have PC version listed and they have release
date as 26/11/2010.

No PC version listed at Amazon etc.

Seems strange,no?
Posted By: Raze Re: Release Date? - 03/11/10 08:56 PM

Amazon.ca lists the PC version as 'Usually ships in 1 to 3 weeks' (no Xbox version listed yet).
Posted By: Demonic Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 12:34 AM
Gamersgate has the PC version:

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-D2KNS/divinity-ii-the-dragon-knight-saga
Posted By: Aburi Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 01:19 AM
Its listed on steam in the UK as being released on the 5th. Im in 2 minds about buying it though... I bought Ego and was miffed it wouldnt run on my machine despite well and truely having the min specs needed (till i upgraded, even then I had problems)

The game did have a good story and didnt get boring but it was far too short and the ending...I dont think theres anything good to say about the ending. I will probably wait for a spoiler on youtube before I buy
Posted By: VampLena Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 02:28 AM
Looks like its finally up on Steam US, however no option to preorder yet. But Steam does get Exclusive bonus items, sounds like a win for me.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/58540/
Posted By: Gwenio Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 02:56 AM
Originally Posted by VampLena
Steam does get Exclusive bonus items

Sounds like another reason to not get it through Steam (not that I was even considering them). I do not approve of people getting a diffrent game based on where they purchase it. And why would the items be exclusive to Steam and not the Larian Vault anyways (If it was Larian that added the items, if it was someone else then it would make sense)?
Posted By: StingingVelvet Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 03:52 AM
Hello,

I am a new member and a fan of all the Divinity games. I was wondering, will The Dragon Knight Saga get a boxed retail release in the United States like Divinity 2 did? As of right now it seems to be only available digitally on Steam and the like, but I prefer a boxed version whenever possible. Amazon won't let me order the Canadian version, which is silly.

If there is no boxed version coming to the United States though I will just get the cheaper add-on on Gamersgate instead of the new combined version (though I hear I will miss some content this way?).

Thanks,

SV
Posted By: Raze Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 04:52 AM

StingingVelvet;

From the topic Release Date?

Hello,

Also, I just opened up the retail version for both PC & Xbox360, meaning that retailers should be getting them soon too, at least in Western Europe, Canada and Australia.

If Amazon.ca doesn't allow ordering from the US once they have the game in stock, I'm sure other Canadian or UK sites will. Last we heard about a US publisher/distributor (awhile ago), Larian was still working on a deal for the physical version.

From North American FOV PATCH for PC???

So our patch plans are the following:

-We ship DKS and FOV in all languages.

-For Germany, we bring out a FOV patch which brings it up to date with the international versions of FOV once FOV is released.

-For ED buyers, we're planning to bring out a free patch that turns ED into DKS minus the FOV content, but with the caveat that savegame compatibility will not be maintained due to the many changes in DKS content. However, we'll need the ok of the publishers of ED to release this patch, s that's still in the air. Due to the rules for patches on the X360, we won't be able to release this patch on X360 for ED since it's going to be very large.

see also D2:ED + FoV vs DKS?

Welcome to the forum. wave

Gwenio;

Larian can certainly add equipment sets to their digital download version if they wish. There were a few places that had unique sets specific to their copies of D2:ED, primarily as pre-order bonuses.
Posted By: StingingVelvet Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 06:58 AM
Thank you.

Well I will wait for a Canada shop to have the game in stock then see if I can get it from somewhere. Thanks!
Posted By: brandysnap Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 08:39 AM
my local gamestation has the xbox 360 version in now, ready for selling on friday. ive put a copy back.

Posted By: AudioEpics Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 10:45 AM
Hooray! I'm hoping to get it very soon. I've been doubting whether to get DKS or Two Worlds II for a while but now I've made up my mind. I think this is going to be the better choice for me.
Posted By: VampLena Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 02:42 PM
Exclusives are going to happen no matter what, its best to just go with it, you get more content for your money.
Posted By: jtondee Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 05:06 PM
Any word if impulse will be getting the DKS or conversely if i have already purchased the impulse version of D2 will it work with the Larian shop version of FOV.

I was wondering which direction people were leaning also if they arlready own D2 are you going to buy FOV or are you going to purchase DKS?

Is it worth it to buy DKS if you already own d2. Ive been getting confused trying to understand what the similarities and differences are between the versions. Any help is greatly appreciated
Posted By: -Elena- Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 05:56 PM
This topic could help you point out the differences between FoV and DKS:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=421019#Post421019

I eventually decided to buy DKS. The reasons for this are that the difference in price was just 9 euro.

FoV is also only available as a download, and I prefer to have a physical copy of the game.

And lastly, now I can make a friend happy with D2:ED wink
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 08:15 PM
The Xbox 360 version of DKS should be available tomorrow for most people for definite. People are already playing it in the UK (confirmed via xbox.com UK general discussion forums).
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 08:25 PM
Yeah read that post.
Unreal make sure you take some Off Screen Snaps please smile.
Interested to see how it looks.
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
Unreal make sure you take some Off Screen Snaps please smile.
Interested to see how it looks.

Sure. I should be picking up my copy tomorrow after work (couldn't get it early as the store I get early games from didn't get it delivered) so I'll post a few pics of the Xbox 360 version tomorrow evening.
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 09:23 PM
Thank You Very Much smile
Will look forward to them.
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
Thank You Very Much smile
Will look forward to them.

No worries.

Bare in mind though that my AV reciever upscales images to 1080p (my Xbox 360 is connected to my AV reciever which in turn is then connected to my HDTV). So if DKS isn't upscaled to 1080p by the Xbox 360 naturally you won't be seeing what you would be standardly seeing if your Xbox 360 was just connected to your HDTV. Probably wont make much difference with an offscreen photoshoot but thought I'd just bring that up.

Actually anyone know what the native and upscaled resolution rates for DKS are for the Xbox 360? Any images of the back of the box yet?
Posted By: Baishy Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 11:02 PM
Received my copy of DKS today from Game.co.uk. I must say it looks a lot better than the the original release- much more colourful and smooth. As the 3rd person view is closer to your character, you get to see way more detail in the enemies too. Pleased I sold Ego Draconis on eBay and upgraded to this! I don't think anyone will be disappointed when they get this home tomorrow!
Posted By: Baishy Re: Release Date? - 04/11/10 11:09 PM
@unreal

Back of box says 720p/1080i/1080p. Does that help in any way?
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Release Date? - 05/11/10 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by Baishy
@unreal

Back of box says 720p/1080i/1080p. Does that help in any way?

Well it doesn't tell the native resolution but at least we know it's upscaled to 1080p by the Xbox 360.

Thanks.
Posted By: vivaxardas Re: Release Date? - 05/11/10 01:38 AM
I really-really-really want to play DKS! I know PC version is on Steam already, but what about XBox version for USA? Please, as soon as you find any way to buy a hard copy or a download in USA or Canada, could you please post a link here? Amazon doesn't have it listed, and I do not have time to search for it on-line. Thank you.
Posted By: 888ss Re: Release Date? - 05/11/10 01:46 AM
It's not available to Australians on steam yet, and the retail date has been pushed back to an undisclosed date. Any ideas as to when we'd be able to purchase?
Posted By: VampLena Re: Release Date? - 05/11/10 02:54 AM
Its not available for purchase on US Steam yet, but it is listed as being unlocked in 15 hours, sadly however I dont think US will see a retail store release for awhile considering I dont see it offered on ANY other websites other then Digital Download, Even Gamestop doesnt have a listing.

Im just going to buy it off Steam in 15 hours, I cant be bothered waiting for whenever Retail Stores here in the US get their act together.
Posted By: Raze Re: Release Date? - 05/11/10 03:24 AM

Amazon.ca has the PC version listed (though apparently don't allow orders from the US), but I have not been able to find any other listings yet, or any for the Xbox version in Canada.
Posted By: vivaxardas Re: Release Date? - 05/11/10 03:55 AM
Well, we'll have to wait a bit. Hopefully someone finds a retailer who carries Xbox 360 DKS or FOV.
As a suggestion, please make the next game multilanguage, and for ps3 as well. With ps3 we won't depend on a region. I pre-ordered multi TW2 on amazon.de with no hussle.
Posted By: Dae Re: Release Date? - 05/11/10 04:31 AM
Aye, thats very likely the case. I just wish someone would come out and make a formal announcement rather than saying something along the lines of "we are releasing the game to the world on november 5, your country may or may not be in our definition of 'the world' ".

If North america has to wait until december or january for the game, then fine...so be it, more time for the developer to work out the bugs, but this "lets wait and see what we can do rather than keep the consumer up to date" attitude is really getting on my nerves.

So I ask, is there still no producer lined up for the North American Xbox 360 market? Is focus going to expand and distribute in that region?
If there is a developer, what is their eta on a retail release?
Posted By: Raze Re: Release Date? - 05/11/10 04:52 AM

From earlier in this topic;

From Can not find it for sale in Canada

The US is a pretty complicated market nowadays for independent developers. At least the PC versions are now available digitally (www.larianvault.com would be a good place to get it ;)), but we're still working on getting X360 versions distributed in the US. It'd be a real shame not to, since we feel it's really a massive improvement, so we'll keep on trying.
Posted By: Dae Re: Release Date? - 05/11/10 05:09 AM
Thanks for the response Raze,

Those two messages were among the messages that prompted my last post. I am amazed by the vague responses that ive seen on this board over the last few months in regards to any sort of release date.

What they seem to imply (in my opinion), is that the game is not yet anywhere near published in the US market and we are unlikely see it soon, if ever.
If thats the case, then it would also imply that the US market is not a significant enough portion of total sales to lure a publisher in, so why not list the US xbox 360 DVD version in the Larian shop, bypass a publisher and sell it yourselves? <<just though id throw that out there.
Posted By: VampLena Re: Release Date? - 05/11/10 06:31 AM
Just a small correction, while Retail Releases in the US of the PC version or 360 version havent happened and probably wont for awhile, Americans can buy the game Today at US Steam and GamersGate and probably this Website, however for some reason Larians store just shows European currency for me, so getting it from Larian may end up costing more due to exchange rates.

This doesnt help Xbox players but if American PC gamers really want the game, they can indeed get it today like the rest of the world so long as you dont mind Digital Distribution.
Posted By: StingingVelvet Re: Release Date? - 05/11/10 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by Dae
Thanks for the response Raze,

Those two messages were among the messages that prompted my last post. I am amazed by the vague responses that ive seen on this board over the last few months in regards to any sort of release date.

What they seem to imply (in my opinion), is that the game is not yet anywhere near published in the US market and we are unlikely see it soon, if ever.
If thats the case, then it would also imply that the US market is not a significant enough portion of total sales to lure a publisher in, so why not list the US xbox 360 DVD version in the Larian shop, bypass a publisher and sell it yourselves? <<just though id throw that out there.

From what I understand lately US distribution without a strong publisher is very hard and expensive and the US boxed PC games market is smaller than you might think anyway. Because of this a lot of games with a proper release in Europe, where PC games (and RPGs like this) are more popular, and only a Steam/download release in the US. Larian might be trying to get boxed copies to the US but do not know if and when that might occur.

It's a shame for me, as I am a PC-only gamer who likes to collect the boxes and I live in the US, so lately it seems importing is becoming more and more what I need to do. Luckily I am a patient fellow, so if I need to wait an extra week or two to get DKS in a box from Canada or the UK I will do so. I'm playing Fallout: New Vegas and Arcania: Gothic 4 already anyway.
Posted By: Dae Re: Release Date? - 05/11/10 07:15 AM
I concur StingingVelvet.

It seems importation may be a viable alternative for both pc and 360. I knew that European and US xbox games were not interchangeable, but (correct me if im wrong) it seems that Microsoft region is divided by continents rather than countries; so Canada should have the same xbox 360 region code as the US, right?

Therefore the US and Canadian xbox games should be interchangeable, correct?

I had patience back in June, when tiny bits of information and rumors made it look like the world wide release was imminent. The end cut scene in D2:EG has been in the back of my mind, bugging me for almost 8 months.
Posted By: vivaxardas Re: Release Date? - 05/11/10 07:20 AM
Yes, I believe USA and Canada are in the same region. That's why I am ready to buy Canadian DKS on e-bay or in some other place.
Posted By: Lostsheep Re: Release Date? - 05/11/10 10:13 AM
No mention of boxed version for PC on Amazon.co.uk.

Game.co.uk has it listed for 26/11/2010.

Why is this not released for the PC in the UK as promised on 5/11/2010?
Posted By: EdCrane Re: Release Date? - 05/11/10 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Lostsheep
No mention of boxed version for PC on Amazon.co.uk.

Game.co.uk has it listed for 26/11/2010.

Why is this not released for the PC in the UK as promised on 5/11/2010?
Posted By: Lar_q Re: Release Date? - 05/11/10 12:36 PM
Good question - The games are definitely ready and I actually thought I saw people play the X360 version already (unless they got a pirate copy )

I actually don't know the answer but I would expect that it has to do with grey imports - UK retail is notorious for slashing prices even before they get the game, and therefore demand from distributors that they offer them plenty of reductions or they'll just refuse to put it in the store. As a result, UK retailers get the game cheaper, which creates opportunities for grey importers to buy the game in the UK and then spread it to other territories, hurting the distributors in those territories. So a certain tendency is starting to appear to prevent them from doing that by delaying release in the UK, but that's obviously at the expense of the customer. It's like piracy - the bona fide player is punished for the actions of pirates because everybody starts putting DRM on the games.
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Release Date? - 05/11/10 05:49 PM
Good question - The games are definitely ready and I actually thought I saw people play the X360 version already (unless they got a pirate copy )

The game is definitely out in the UK. I got my copy today (legally!) from Gamestation in Nottingham, UK.
© Larian Studios forums