Larian Studios
Posted By: Lar_q More stock en-route as Divinity II sells out - 18/11/10 12:00 PM
I nearly choked on my coffee today, twice smile First there was the 9/10 at Neoseeker for which I was very grateful, especially since that review happened because we provided a review copy based on a hint from someone here in the forum, and then next , reading MCV, a trade industry magazine covering mostly the UK - I spotted the following article:

More Stock en-route as Divinity II sells out

Mastertronic has promised to provide more stock for Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga after the first batch sold out. The launch allocation has run out ahead of it's release today. But the game's distributor has assured retailers that there will be sufficient supply to meet demand. "Our experience with the original Divinity II meant that we were expecting good things for the launch of this expanded edition, but the demand has really taken us by surprise" said Mastertronic's group sales director James Cato.

"We've had to pull out all the stops to get more stock and to make sure that we can continue to fulfill orders in time"

"A lot of hard work from a lot of people means that we are still going to hit our release dates and there will be minimum disruption to orders already placed"

"Such high levels of interest point to Divinity II being one of the strongest RPG titles on the market this Christmas"

I don't know what to make of it, but I think this is the first time we have something like this happen to us in the UK smile
You might say your work is recognized to its just value.
Originally Posted by Lar_q
I nearly choked on my coffee today, twice smile First there was the 9/10 at Neoseeker for which I was very grateful, especially since that review happened because we provided a review copy based on a hint from someone here in the forum, and then next , reading MCV, a trade industry magazine covering mostly the UK - I spotted the following article:

Mastertronic has promised to provide more stock for Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga after the first batch sold out. The launch allocation has run out ahead of it's release today. But the game's distributor has assured retailers that there will be sufficient supply to meet demand. "Our experience with the original Divinity II meant that we were expecting good things for the launch of this expanded edition, but the demand has really taken us by surprise" said Mastertronic's group sales director James Cato.

"We've had to pull out all the stops to get more stock and to make sure that we can continue to fulfill orders in time"

"A lot of hard work from a lot of people means that we are still going to hit our release dates and there will be minimum disruption to orders already placed"

"Such high levels of interest point to Divinity II being one of the strongest RPG titles on the market this Christmas"

I don't know what to make of it, but I think this is the first time we have something like this happen to us in the UK smile

WOOHOO Congrats Lar & everyone at Larian I hope it keeps going well 4 u all, after giving us such a fantastic game you diserve the praise.

(although I'm proberbly starting to sound like a broken record lol)

DKS is an awsome game & now that people are starting to open their eyes & admit that Divinity is a very well made game with an awsome story maybe D3(when & if it gets released) will get the attention it deserves from the begining.
Originally Posted by Divine Avenger
(although I'm proberbly starting to sound like a broken record lol)

This happens to be a record we never get tired of. wink
So let the record repeat and repeat themself like a elpee goes when the needle of the record player('pickup') jumps each time again backwards laugh

wink

I have always know it:
Divinity II The Dragon knight Saga is a perfect gift for Christmas !
But I couldn't resist to wait until Christmas and bought it right after the release !!
And so I can read, I'm NOT alone biggrin !!!
Originally Posted by Joram
So let the record repeat and repeat themself like a elpee goes when the needle of the record player('pickup') jumps each time again backwards laugh

wink

I have always know it:
Divinity II The Dragon knight Saga is a perfect gift for Christmas !
But I couldn't resist to wait until Christmas and bought it right after the relaese !!
And so I can read, I'm NOT alone biggrin !!!

Nope your not alone on that one I was 2 excited to sleep I stayed awake all night & was down the shop the day of release first thing buying my copy lol

I know this probably doesnt "touch you" in any way nor does it have much relevance, but i can safely say that on my 40 years old of age, i rarely embraced a " 3rd party project" like i embraced the larian studios' projects like Divine Divinity and Dragon Knight Saga.

What do i mean with this ? it means near hourly contacts with portuguese and UK gamming forums, with constant feedback and thread monitoring on certain forums and even some e-mails sent to retail stores trying to get your project forwarded to the right channels.

I know this is a drop in the ocean for you guys, and quite honestly i cant explain why i "lose" so much time doing this, but i honestly believe that you should be rewarded for a job well done.

I'm on my 3rd playthrough of dragon knight saga, i already ended Divine divinity six times and D2 (original) 2 times, and i realy think you guys are special in a way that i can realy feel your dedication around every corner of the games i've played.

This is my humble and simple contribution to your sucess so that later on, i can have more hours with your future game, you guys deserve it.

Originally Posted by KnightPT
I know this probably doesnt "touch you" in any way nor does it have much relevance, but i can safely say that on my 40 years old of age, i rarely embraced a " 3rd party project" like i embraced the larian studios' projects like Divine Divinity and Dragon Knight Saga.

What do i mean with this ? it means near hourly contacts with portuguese and UK gamming forums, with constant feedback and thread monitoring on certain forums and even some e-mails sent to retail stores trying to get your project forwarded to the right channels.

[...]

This is one of the coolest things I've read on this forum! A thousand heartfelt thanks to you and everyone who's supporting us!
Originally Posted by KnightPT

I know this is a drop in the ocean for you guys, and quite honestly i cant explain why i "lose" so much time doing this, but i honestly believe that you should be rewarded for a job well done.

I'm on my 3rd playthrough of dragon knight saga, i already ended Divine divinity six times and D2 (original) 2 times, and i realy think you guys are special in a way that i can realy feel your dedication around every corner of the games i've played.

This is my humble and simple contribution to your sucess so that later on, i can have more hours with your future game, you guys deserve it.

*CRYS* so beautyfull *Continues Crying*
Wow, that's not just a 'humble and simple' contribution KnightPT. Really, that's amazing and you can't imagine how fantastic it is for us to see this kind of effort from the community just because they like the game so much. Very rewarding, this - and very much appreciated!
I second that. It's been a very tough year for us and it's very rewarding to read posts like these. Thank you very much for your efforts - we'll try not to disappoint in our next projects which really benifit from what people like you are doing, in more ways than you can imagine.
KnightPT, you have it explain in nice words ! Impressive !!

One thing I always remember very sharp and clearly: the Divinity games are absolutly addictive AND have a great big replayability ! I like that so much, amazing !

PS:
And even nothing mentioned about the quests and skills, music, etc etc ....
I feel lucky to have received my 360 version today then, looking forward to playing.
No surprise at all. For me the only surprise was the game beeing so good when I had heard so little about it. I hope the reviews keep flowing smile
The article, though there is not much more to it.

About the only thing of note is it specifies the XBox 360 version as having sold out.
I'm so happy that Larian have such a wonderfull fanbase to support them here on the forums, with them being the dedicated company thay are us fans need to give them all the support we can to keep them in the buisness. The game industry needs more companys like you guys & though this post may sound a bit pointless & pathetic silly I'm very proud of all the work you guys & girls at Larian have been doing. Like some of the members here I'm also a fan that not just falls in love with a game I fall in love with the company that made it.

Every game has it's own personality based on the personality of the people involved in making it, I can always tell when I play a game what the company that made it is like. When I play some games all I feel from the harts behind it is this was made to make money, When I play Divinity I can feel the hart that went into the game & it makes me feel happy to know that at least there are still some companys out there that still put everything thay are into making there games. I can truley tell that you love doing what you do & I'd like to thank you all for doing it just 1 thing though please don't ever change smile

Ok I'm going to shut up now b4 I bore everyone to death & get all emotional lol
Yaayy ! I don't say much in the forum, but be sure, I really appreciate what the Divinity community has been and is doing for us. Yes we poured a lot of our souls into the Divinity universe over the years, and I feel rejoiced everytime it makes someone in the world happy.
Thank you =)
Well I haven't been active on the forum in a long time (work, life, 42 ...) But that doesn't mean I've forgotten about larian. I've been recommending it to friends since before Ego draconis was out. And although we are now in the long stretch between games. You can count on it that I will pop in every now and then to see the new news. Congrats on a job well done an I do hope that the divinity universe will prosper and find new ways to entrain us.

ps: I lost a 1.5 weeks of my life playing TDKS. I don't want it back but the agonizing work hours with bloodshot eyes didn't make a good impressing @ work. plz install a "go to sleep timer".
18:00 : Let's play for 15 min. *watches clock* 02:45 *woops*
Seems like UK are loving it!
Originally Posted by DivineGamer

England, my Lionheart! smile
Still some copies for XBOX 360 in the high street shops (UK) at http://www.game.co.uk/

Grab them while they are still hot!! Only time before the masses find out how good it is and if you change your mind you could be out of luck!
It's the perfect midnight oil lamp burning game your find this winter. smile
This game is beautiful. I find myself just wondering around and enjoying the scenery. For me atmosphere is vital for rpgs and Larian nailed it perfectly. As for midnight oil, my nights have been getting longer since I bought this game.
UK market is a reference point for all Europe, expecially for the prices.
For example I ordered DKS for X360 from UK because it's cheaper than in Italy (€32 vs €50).

I already bought FoV from your store but I want to play with a joypad (more relaxing) and see the improvements of ED. wink
hey, recently finished the game, bought it for pc on direct2drive.com a few weeks back(canadian here), just registered to express my support! have to say, the quality of the game was surprising for me. good writing, good voice acting (thats a huge plus, not alot of games have good VOs), great music, good environments. quite enjoyed it, hope you guys get more sales so you can continue the franchise!

just a note on the gameplay: combat was smooth, liked that part of it, switching in/out of dragon form was pretty cool. but the gameplay depth needs some work, sinking 15 points into a skill is a little lacking and repetitive. but no biggie, hope you guys keep up the quality of this release!
Originally Posted by Macbeth

No love for Scotland, Ireland, and Wales?

By the way Gamestation in Nottingham (England), UK, still has a few copies. They have them available through their website aswell as in store.
those in the us who got the pc version are loving it too! Great job. so um Larian when can we expect more dlc's or divinity III? * need my fix and u created this monster now feedem!*
Originally Posted by Unreal Warfare
Originally Posted by Macbeth

No love for Scotland, Ireland, and Wales?

Of course, of course! hug But that would have messed up the quote. wink
I think why we are not hearing too much from the devs lately, is because they are putting the final touches to Divinity III "The adventures of Willy, a door to door sales Person" rolleyes
Originally Posted by Paris
I think why we are not hearing too much from the devs lately, is because they are putting the final touches to Divinity III "The adventures of Willy, a door to door sales Person" rolleyes

I blame the weekends. They keep creeping up while you're in the middle of something.
© Larian Studios forums