Larian Studios
Posted By: Lar_q Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 05:48 PM
Hello everybody!

We just released the first official patch for Divinity:Original Sin which introduces the concept of AI personalities. (This patch is of course compatible with your save games.)

During character creation, you can now select a specific personality for your characters. When a personality is active the AI will automatically make dialogue choices (based on its personality) for the avatar that isn't selected.

In addition to this, we've made a lot of improvements as well as bug fixes and balancing changes.

You'll also notice that you can now publish to Steam Workshop using the Divinity Engine Toolkit.

Here's the full list of changes:

- Save games are packed and compressed now
- Fixed issues when saving to a network drive
- Fixed unique drops over multiple sessions
- Fixed several tooltips
- Optimized syncing of action states
- Fixed leadership critical chance (didn't work)
- Changed leadership icon
- Better savegame error handling + a lot of sanity checks
- Levelswap error handling for levelcache
- 5% instead of 10%/warriorlore for Weather The Storm talent
- Raged lowers your chance to hit by 25%, but you don't lose dexterity anymore.
- Fixed issue where characters could sometimes stay in a closed dialog
- Dialog banter filter in the combat log
- Fixed trade autobalancer
- Unlearning a skill will cancel it if you were casting it at the same time
- Fixed issue with inventory tabs, sometimes resulting in missing icons in the UI
- Fixed issue where certain henchman were free
- Cannot hire same henchman twice
- Henchman will start with the Staff of Magus skill now
- Added more AI personalities
- Fixed a lot of issues where players were crashing after a level swap or after loading of a savegame
- Added 5.1 Audio on cutscenes
- Added video volume slider
- Reduced cloud artefacts
- Play movies before loading
- Small fix for getting quality preset from settings
- Sort display modes correctly
- Use dropdown for V-sync options + vsync tripple buffered is on in default settings
- Fixed memory leak in character creation.
- Fixed combat and chat log settings not being saved when quiting the game through Alt+F4 or closing the game window
- Added close buttons to the combat and chat log windows
- You can now rotate your characters during character creation using the left and right arrow keys
- Fixed stuttering in the texture streamer
- Seriously limitted amount of traffic sent during player movement and when executing certain actions.
- Fixed crash when texture detail is set too low (only possible through editing config file)
- No skill casting while a skillstate is busy (causing double skill casting)
- Fixed wrong trait names in combat log
- Changed default value of stored dialog amount from 10 to 50
- Fixed loading of formations
- Check talent requirements in character creation
- No combine in trade UI
- Fixed issues with crafting
- Fixed double Quick-Save issue when spamming Quick-Save button
- Less jitter in following
- Fixed telekinesis beam showing when moving items from inventory to inventory
- Use, repair, identify and equip items in context menu in picked-up containers and backpacks
- Repair and identify in context menu in containers
- Fixed crash when level swapping when overhead text is showing
- Sort on item type in inventory
- Reenabled hints for German and French
- Fixed crash when sitting on an invalid item

Divinity Engine Toolkit
- Fixed stability issues in certain preview panels
- Fixed uploading to the Steam workshop
- Fixed issues when trying to mod the story files

Design
-Changed the name of the rock that moves away by pressing the secret button at the start of DAF_InnerSanctum from Hanneman's Axe to Rock. Also changed the stats of the rock because it was breakable from Gen_Stone_Indestructible to QUEST_Item.
-Changed the Enlightened Amulet object stat properties, set unique to 1 and also set the inventory override to MISC.
-Changed the voice of Mikhail Solomatin a trader in the Silverglen tavern from female to male
-Removed greeting voices from the wardens
-Created a new script for the Shrike (added on top of the rest with a higher priority) so the Shrike summons a higher level enemy (Shadows_Caster_B) when he's alone
-Void Dragon modified so the Void Dragon summons not level 10 but level 20 creatures
-Added Balberith to the IsNotMessingAround database
-Added Root Template Shadows_Caster_B, set Scale to 1.3
-Modified portrait for Root Templates Orc_Ghost_Female and Orc_Ghost_Male; those guys are summoned by Braogg Spiritchaser in the Dark Forest
-Set BloodSurfaceType to None for Orcs_Ghost_Female and Orcs_Ghost_Male, set HitFX to FX_GP_Hit_Jellyfish_A_Medium so it looks ghosty
-Modified portrait for Undead_FireSkeleton_Axeman, Undead_FireSkeleton_Warrior, Undead_FireSkeleton_Ranger
-Modified portrait for Template Animals_Cat_Slain
-Added Shadows_Grunt_B, to be summoned by the Void Dragon in HOM
-Replaced Goblin Tanks' Equipment to Goblins_Tank_A_Strong
-Changed equipment of elemental rock ice
-Renamed Raazen Ax'aroth to Raalzen Ax'aroth to match what's written in the story
-Set BloodSurfaceType for AnguishDemon_Slave_01-04 to None, set HitFX to FX_GP_Hit_Jellyfish_A_Medium
-Set Grutilda and DreadOrc_Grutilda to IsBoss
-Set level of landmines around Immaculate fort to 20, set Perception requirement to 11
-Dark Forest, rotated Cliff_Common_E_094 to fix display bug
-Dark Forest, fixed ground texture bug in Hunter's Edge inn
-Slightly decreased Shrike's walking speed
-Made Death Princess and the Shrike non-teleportable
-Moved LTS_Coal_Basket_F_076 and LTS_Coal_Basket_F_077 in Homestead to fix display bug (base of final flight of stairs right before the end fight in HOM)
-Increased level, Body Building, Will Power of Shadows_Caster_A_Strong & Shadows_Mage_A_Strong
-Increased HOM_Shrike's Body Building & Will Power to 10
-Set Sight Range of DAF_Orc_FemaleBossDouble to default instead of -4
-Gave DAF_RatKing_SlainCat a Constitution of 7 (instead of _Ghost's 4). Ingame, the cat now has CON 16 (instead of CON 9)
-Gave Norok 10 Will Power, 10 Body Building(removed all immunities)
Reverted Balberith's slaves' Dex back to _Ghost's base, increased Constitution to 6 (instead of _Ghost's 4). Ingame, slaves now have CON 15 (instead of CON 13)
-Gave Grutilda_Dread 15 Action Points at start, increased Speed to 8 (instead of base's 6)
-Decreased Constitution of HOM_Astarte and HOM_Astarte_SecondFight from 6 to 5, removed Vitality boost (130% > 100%)
-Increased DAF_Orc_Warrior's speed to 6, base initiative to 10
I-ncreased Sight Range of Cyseal_Council_Soldier_Helping_Arhu to 2 (overriding _Base's -2), otherwise sometimes they would not come to the player's aid in battle. Now has Sight Range 22.50, had before Sight Range 14.50
-Modified healthbar color of all Shield skills
-Boreas's tiny elemental rocks xp gain set to None
-Added Shadows_Grunt_A_Strong for the root template Shadows_Grunt_B, to be summoned by the Void Dragon in HOM
-Increased the level of _Shadows_Caster_A_Strong to 20
-Increased Action Points cost of _Goblins_Tank_A to 3
-Increased Action Points cost of _Goblins_Tank_A_Strong to 5
-Increased damage of _Cyseal_BC_CrabSummoner to 8
-Increased damage of _Undead_Skeleton_Grunt_Boss to 8
-Increased damage of _DAF_DemonBoss to 8, decreased attack's Action Point Cost to 4
-Increased damage of _DAF_Norok to 8
-Boreas's tiny elemental rocks now inflict proper secondary status
-DAF_PhantomForest_Ghost_Poacher_03 now has a proper character icon.
-Adjusted DAF_ImmaFort_Goblin_Boss's Equipment
-Added new spell, Summon_ShadowCasterEF (uses only old assets incl. name & spells)
-Set Phoenix Dive's DamageOnJump to Yes, Damage to 0
-Decreased Action Point cost of EnemyPoisonHailAttack from 7 to 5, increased cooldown from 2 to 3, increased damage from 5 to 6, dmg multiplier from 40 to 60
-Set Damage of Cone_Enemy_WaterSpit to 7, Multiplier to 100
-Set Damage of Cone_Enemy_WaterSpitSmaller to 5, Multiplier to 60
-Tweaked WellCraftedArrow's StatsDescriptionParams
-Set Damage of AttenberahKillingSpell to 12, Multiplier to 200, DamageType to None (otherwise people buff the Apprentice with a Water Shield and it absorbs the damage)
-Changed the way Zombie Jake behaves after Evelyn's fight to prevent any damage inflicted on him
-Force-remove the players from dialog before starting Astarte's last speech
-Changed the condition to enter the village, every amulet works now
-Change lock level of the door to the starstone in the trial dungeon to 99
-Added check for Grutilda's dialog before talking to her to prevent dialog overlap
-Remove wander of timfred in troll cave to prevent weird behavior, he used to end up relaxing with the trolls deep in the cave
-Added the achievment fixes even if the quest doesn't open or close while it's relevent
-Changed the alignment of Frederick from Good to Neutral to prevent him from joining every fight
-Changed blood cage so that it doesn't automatically place items inside itself if you have the Tenebrium ability. Also Brandon leaves the blood cage with you instead of taking it when the quest is complete
-Changed Bertia's attitude from +25 to -25 when you keep the sheep
-Fixed the timing at the goblin totem that could freeze the village due to disabling display text while winning the trial
-Gave treasure to Hunter's edge residence / made poker player one combat group
-Making sure the fabulous flag is on to prevent bug when turning the quest in
-Removed poison cloud from mushrooms to prevent permanent explosion
-Fixed Shrike fight setup restarting after savegame load
-Arhu attitude loop fix. To fix performance drop.
-Fixed elemental statue dialog issue
-Henchman trader fix for 2 players talking to him
-Added sound event for Cyseal Orc ship arrival on beach
-Added savegame fix for missing companion dialogs.
-Fixed no valid dialog node in HOM_Icara when talking to her after finding the hidden family but not accepting the druid quest yet.
-Made sure speaker boxes in source temple are called 'Trial Statue'
-Homestead guys don't respond to drawn weapons
-No speakergreeting for teller of secrets
-CharmedOrc in cyseal no greetingvoice
-Start Fun with Funghi quest if you find Maradino's spell
-Norok journal update only after he's killed
-Bugfix: Pincer had 2 diferent voices
-Fix Bicky Bomb Voice asserts
-Remove Bicky Bomb Voice asserts in Luculla Mines
-Cancel JAH_Truth if is Balberith killed
-Blocker fix: Parallel dungeon pendants
-Scale scraps can be crafted with Metal Armor
-Intestines can be crafted to create poison/poisoned food/poisoned arrowheads
-Strong sinews can be crafted to bowstrings
-Crafting scrolls now works with elemental essence like the cards say (e.g. fire essence + paper = blank fire scroll)
-The seller of secrets now only has 1 ability book and 1 stat book instead of regenerating those
-Summoned Skeleton now uses correct animation for his 2H sword
-Changed impact of Soulsap so that it doesn't lower Specializations anymore

Kickstarter
-Added missing people to credits.
-Fix for messages in a bottle not showing.
-Added missing kickstarter rewards.

Mac specific
- Black stripes fixed in Black Cove
- Fake fullscreen mouse dragging corruption is fixed
Posted By: henryv Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 05:50 PM
and another long list of patch notes. Excellent job larian!
Posted By: Vadafallon Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:00 PM
Although a large and very nice looking patch note, were there any changes or updates to any of the classes? Rogues are the first thing that really comes to mind. Any plans for future updates to smooth out some of the overpower combos in the game?
Posted By: Grunker Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:00 PM
Good to see a patch! smile

But basically still no co op dialogue fix? (no, a filter for the log doesn't count)

What happened to "soon"?
Posted By: Pimpollo Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:03 PM
Thanks for the speedy patch Larian! Keep them coming. Gonna see if some of my suggestions made it/
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:05 PM
Larian, you are the best! smile

Edit: This list is epic.
Posted By: acerockolla Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:06 PM
Thanks for the support. Is there a way to switch AI personality on in my singleplayer game, or will I have to restart to set their personality at character creation?
Posted By: NightRayne Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:08 PM
AWESOME patch work guys! Does this mean that the 2 (assuming they were bugged) achievements - The mirror inside and Feeble screams from forest unknown are fixed?

Also I am assuming that steam cloud is re-enabled since the saves are now compressed?

Keep up the great work!!!!

*edit* well they sure did compress the save folder size (from 120mb to 23mb with 3 saves), but I see that steam cloud is not even an option anymore under the tab in steam. I wonder if Larian is still working on this or if this is something Steam will have to re-enable on their side - and if they know to do so.
Posted By: Scrubwave Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:10 PM
-The seller of secrets now only has 1 ability book and 1 stat book instead of regenerating those

Oh god, my inner power gamer just died.
Posted By: Kriss Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:12 PM
Thanks for the fixes!
Can we have slightly larger fonts?
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by NightRayne

*edit* well they sure did compress the save folder size (from 120mb to 23mb with 3 saves), but I see that steam cloud is not even an option anymore under the tab in steam. I wonder if Larian is still working on this or if this is something Steam will have to re-enable on their side - and if they know to do so.

Well, 23mb for 3 saves is still quite big. Usual cloud saved savegames are less than 1mb big...
Posted By: john carmack Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:16 PM
COOL!

Please release 1.0.72 on GOG.com asap smile

Thank you smile
Posted By: tarasis Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:17 PM
Wow quite the update. Only a few things missed during the Early Access testing phase wink

Is it recommended to start the game over?
Posted By: NightRayne Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Originally Posted by NightRayne

Well, 23mb for 3 saves is still quite big. Usual cloud saved savegames are less than 1mb big...

Not really a big deal though since you get about 1gb of cloud space *edit* total. The only people I can see this becoming an issue is for people who are still stuck on AOL, but they should have cloud sync disabled anyways hah!
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:18 PM
@Larian

I wonder why you don't "present" the different AI personalities. Which personalities can we choose from?
Posted By: anton_es Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:22 PM
- Weather the storm nerf makes it rather useless (you can reach 100% with gear easily, why nerf this if ppl wanna waste a talent ?)
- Rage is now officially garbage when you need it (bosses, non-CC'd enemies)
- gotta love restricting teleport for certain enemies, good game design wink

gotta reroll

I love the game but adding more traits to the "useless" list does not solve near-player-immunity lategame. I hoped for a better solution how tenebrium is being handled in the game bc it invalidates previous character development choices.
Posted By: NightRayne Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:25 PM
Hmmm - something to check on. If you go to your homestead and use the appearance change mirror, you can apparently select one of the new AI settings for both characters. I am not sure if they stick though.*Might* be a solution for people who don't want to start a new game.
Posted By: Gyson Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:27 PM
Glad to have a patch, but sad that the problem with elemental surfaces has not been addressed.
Posted By: eisberg77 Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:33 PM
Any description for each of the personalities?
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Gyson
Glad to have a patch, but sad that the problem with elemental surfaces has not been addressed.

True, but I don't think it's a big issue. I haven't even noticed that in way more than 100h into the game... wink
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by eisberg77
Any description for each of the personalities?

Well, if they stick to what Swen revealed to PC gamers:

PCG: Can you go into a little more detail on the kind of personalities that you're shipping in the update?

Vincke: We'll have a knight. That's what you can imagine. Then we'll have a rascal, a maniac, a judge somebody who's very judgmental預 priest, and a free-spirit, They basically all have different traits that they prefer.

If you put in, let's say, a judgmental character, who would for instance refuse to hire a companion, that's a very big impact on your game right there. If you role-play through that, that really changes your game. It's something that can happen in multiplayer also, right? It's basically what we're trying to do. This gives single-players the feeling of what you get in co-op multiplayer, when you deal with the actions of somebody else.

I would appreciate some official information from Larian though.

Posted By: Jack Dandy Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:36 PM
Can you add a general summary of the AI personalities?
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:37 PM
I'm a bit sad that an option for custom portraits didn't make it to the list. Or did I overread that? Hope it will come with a future patch...
Posted By: NEET Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by acerockolla
Thanks for the support. Is there a way to switch AI personality on in my singleplayer game, or will I have to restart to set their personality at character creation?

You could change it in the existing game but you might miss some of the new banter if they added new ones.

When you unlock the second room of Homestead you will get the option to change appearance and personality and voice.
Posted By: anton_es Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:43 PM
Rage has a wrong tooltip.

It still says it drops armor+dex to zero.

When activating ingame it does the following:

- Chance to hit -25% (Really, like REALLY ?????)
- Armor does not get dropped to zero, it is a -50% penalty
- Dex stays the same

So now I can either reroll at lvl18 or respec and spend hours on scum-loading skillbook inventories frown
Posted By: Gypsy Dave Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:44 PM
Does the "compressed saved games" mean this is now sync's over Steam's cloud service?

Cheers guys. Good work.

Rob
Posted By: ArtVandelay Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:44 PM
So do skill books like Whirlwind and Dust Devil actually show up in the vendor inventories now?
Posted By: EinTroll Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Lar_q
-Added missing kickstarter rewards.

This includes the engraving tools? Because I checked and I still don't get them (yes, I did update the game)
Posted By: Ymirok Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:49 PM
Are there any plans to add the ability to rename classes?
Posted By: Tiaexz Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:50 PM
@Larian

I wonder why you don't "present" the different AI personalities. Which personalities can we choose from?

Here is the list from new game now:
No AI
Random
Loyal
Knight
Rascal
Maniac
Judge
Priest
Free
Spirit
Posted By: Gyson Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Gyson

True, but I don't think it's a big issue. I haven't even noticed that in way more than 100h into the game... wink

Heavily dependent on your party makeup, your builds, the type of equipment RNG loot has blessed you with, and how an encounter plays out. Problems don't stop being problems just because some of the players aren't experiencing them. Otherwise we might as well just wipe the developer's bug list clean and call it "job well done". I play multiplayer, have zero interest in using AI personalities when playing solo - doesn't mean getting them in wasn't important.
Posted By: ioivan Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:54 PM
What will be the next update, customize characters even more? Create custom personalities with strange traits? I would love to "build" a gentleman-thief...
Posted By: ArtVandelay Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:54 PM
Random loot is so lazy in a game without respawning monsters.
Posted By: Aramintai Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:58 PM

Nooooo! Such an epic exploit nerfed! sad
Posted By: Xour Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 06:58 PM
Awesome! Should we start all over again or this patch will affect existent save games?
Posted By: Jacob Marner Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 07:01 PM
Thank you Larian!
Posted By: anton_es Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 07:01 PM
I would like to know if Rage gets "fixed" after if has been "fixed".
tooltip, ingame description and stat page do not make sense, everything tells you something different.
if the -25%hit rate is real you could have just dumped the trait or just make it +25%damage.
4 hits will only connect twice or thrice for 75% hitrate, making your damage overall THE SAME.

Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by ioivan
What will be the next update, customize characters even more? Create custom personalities with strange traits? I would love to "build" a gentleman-thief...

I wonder that the "custom AI" isn't already built in. In the PC gamer interview Swen more or less confirmed such a player-generated AI behaviour...

Edit: Rage always caused +50% damage. That's the trade-off for the -25% chance to hit. It's just the description which shows the wrong effects.
Posted By: anton_es Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 07:07 PM
I know what Rage does/did.
Now it does not give you +50% REAL damage since you will miss 1 out of 4. making it useless for 4aps and its cooldown. You will get more damage with power stance which costs nothing to activate and adds +1 ap, which over 4 turns is the same as having rage active but nets you more overall damage.

This is counterintuitive. Rage is now for hybrids that do not use autoattacks.
Posted By: Arkeus Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by anton_es
Now it does not give you +50% REAL damage since you will miss 1 out of 4. making it useless for 4aps and its cooldown. You will get more damage with power stance which costs nothing to activate and adds +1 ap, which over 4 turns is the same as having rage active but nets you more overall damage.

Or it's something you have to use with CC or buffs to your hit chance.
Posted By: Tyhan Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by anton_es

Rage works on skills like Dust Devil, Whirlwind, and Flurry.

My pure man-at-arms Madora never uses regular attacks since Rage>Whirlwind is able to oneshot almost every enemy.
Posted By: anton_es Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 07:17 PM
CCs got nerfed if I read it right, NPCs get more BB/WP now. Ok, so now you have to waste dps-uptime for CC setup/right positioning so you can burst or you can just whack the enemy for 2 turns and accomplish the same........with better overall damage imo. Nah, Rage is a waste now rather cast haste onmyself.

And yeah, it works on skills but the skills will miss more.

Correction: whirlwind can miss, not every m-a-a skill does miss
Posted By: Aramintai Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 07:23 PM
Sorting by type is finally in, yay! Also props for putting in more skill bars, really needed those.
Posted By: FadeToBlack Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 07:27 PM
What is with the loot table bug in Hiberheim, lvl 5 Items in the stone sarcophagus? I want to loot that damn thing ^^
OMG... Anton's MMO-talk, make it stop frown

Not thoroughly impressed by the first official patch if I say so myself... hopefully the next is better.

As for Steam Cloud, it has a limit of 100MB per game... so if 3 games are 23MB it should be possible to have around 12 saves maximum.
Posted By: Koja Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 07:33 PM
Any word on whether black hair is now ... black? Greater than half the male portraits have black hair, but no such color exists for the in-game model.

Is this patch compatible with / applied to existing saves, or should we plan to start the game over again?
Posted By: Jacob Marner Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 07:39 PM
Nice that there now is 5 skill bars in instead of the previous 3. I was confused for a moment though since the directional arrows for switching bars has been swapped with this patch.
Originally Posted by Jacob Marner
Nice that there now is 5 skill bars in instead of the previous 3. I was confused for a moment though since the directional arrows for switching bars has been swapped with this patch.

Really?
That's great.

Who presses up to go from 1 to 2, seriously. I couldn't get used to it.
Posted By: Cameron9428 Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 07:43 PM
Ditto the black hair issue.

Looks like a pretty solid patch.
Posted By: Maphyr Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 07:50 PM
If this is the type of patch we can expect to look forward to then I honestly have to say I am extremely disappointed and massively let down.
Posted By: tarasis Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 07:51 PM
Related, does that game finally remember what sort type you used from one time to the next?

I prefer it to always sort by last added, but it rarely remembers that.

Originally Posted by Maphyr
If this is the type of patch we can expect to look forward to then I honestly have to say I am extremely disappointed and massively let down.

What is wrong with the patch? What doesn't it do for you?
Posted By: anton_es Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
OMG... Anton's MMO-talk, make it stop frown

Not thoroughly impressed by the first official patch if I say so myself... hopefully the next is better.

As for Steam Cloud, it has a limit of 100MB per game... so if 3 games are 23MB it should be possible to have around 12 saves maximum.

The game uses "mmo"-like systems, I guess discussing them sounds "mmo"-like. I like to explore all systems in a game and their interaction with items and abilities. It is like .... my personal preference. Who would have thought ?

I'm really disappointed that this patch didn't include the button for co-op players to open the dialog GUI and watch conversations go in real time. It's absolutely terrible trying to follow the story and get immersed when it's difficult to read what's going on.

For such a major component of gameplay, it's hard to believe that something as major as this wasn't included in the original release or the first patch after getting so much feedback about it.
Posted By: Jjiinx Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:00 PM
After this patch when I press B to toggle the camera mode it teleports my character instantly to the center of where the camera currently is
Posted By: Fizar Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:02 PM
Thanks for the patch and continued support; I am to wonder though, will there ever be some sort of random button in character creation? Something I liked to do in might & magic/baldur's gate was roll a random hero and try all mannerisms of different builds, It'd be great if there was some option for this in this game as well.

...but even more importantly, a way to turn tutorial messages off? They reset every time the game is reloaded and you have to keep clicking thru them every game time and time again.
Posted By: Celo Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by AlexanderDeLarge
I'm really disappointed that this patch didn't include the button for co-op players to open the dialog GUI and watch conversations go in real time. It's absolutely terrible trying to follow the story and get immersed when it's difficult to read what's going on.

I second that. I just want this thing fixed because otherwise I'm totally happy with this game.
Posted By: Jacob Marner Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:11 PM
I just noticed that keyboard shortcuts has been added for changing toolbars.

'R' and 'F' are used for that. That was my #1 feature wish for UI. Yay!
Posted By: lude Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:13 PM
Hello everybody!

We just released the first official patch for Divinity:Original Sin which introduces the concept of AI personalities.

During character creation, you can now select a specific personality for your characters. When a personality is active the AI will automatically make dialogue choices (based on its personality) for the avatar that isn't selected.

In addition to this, we've made a lot of improvements as well as bug fixes and balancing changes.

You'll also notice that you can now publish to Steam Workshop using the Divinity Engine Toolkit.

- Fixed issue with inventory tabs, sometimes resulting in missing icons in the UI

Now I know I'm not crazy anymore...
Posted By: Jjiinx Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:15 PM
If you press T your character will instantly teleport, looks like they forgot to disable one of their 'god' tools laugh
Posted By: Fizar Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jjiinx
If you press T your character will instantly teleport, looks like they forgot to disable one of their 'god' tools laugh

wow...
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:23 PM

And why is that so????

YEAAAAHH! Can you remap them in the options?
Posted By: popo Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:26 PM
Hi,

I bought the games on GOG.com and I can't find the link to download the patch. How download this patch for mac?

Thanks.
Posted By: acerockolla Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:27 PM
Thank you NEET!
Posted By: kozzy Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:28 PM
Thanks for the update, love the game! But I am wondering if anyone else who was a kickstarter backer who's name is NOT listed in the backer list in the menu?

Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by popo
Hi,

I bought the games on GOG.com and I can't find the link to download the patch. How download this patch for mac?

Thanks.

The patch isn't released for GOG yet.
Posted By: madPav3L Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:28 PM

And why is that so????

YEAAAAHH! Can you remap them in the options?

YES, you can! I have changed it right away to my mouse.
That is the best thing about this patch!
Thanks Larian.
Posted By: Jacob Marner Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by tarasis

I think some people expected new features etc. But it is only natural the first fixes after release addresses bugs an minor tweaks. And the we got AI personalities and Steam Workshop upload as well. I think that is awesome given that it is just one week since last patch.
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:39 PM
I think the balancing fixes are great in this patch. Finally the endgame gets more challenging again with reduced rage, weather the storm, more willpower/bodybuilding for enemies and so on. smile

The improved hotbar with both more space and hotkeys is easily the best UI improvement I could think of.
Posted By: ForkTong Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:41 PM
For those wondering, you do NOT need to start a completely new game for these changes to take effect.
Posted By: Cameron9428 Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:46 PM
It's too bad leech is still grossly overpowered, though
Posted By: JendaV Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:50 PM
Is there any reason Steam should update to version 1.0.74? Does such a version even exist? Should I take a screenshot? I can see one other lobby in the online MP lobby list with this version. Unfortunately, we have .74 on one computer and .72 on the other, so we can't play until this is resolved. Steam doesn't allow downgrades (AFAIK) and the .72 computer doesn't see any further updates.
Also, the 1.0.74 reports an error that Mod " has invalid files and cannot be used for multiplayer games. WTF? I installed no mods whatsoever.
Posted By: eidolon Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:55 PM
A mini patch 4.5 MB got released a few minutes ago.
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Cameron9428

Hm possible, I never used leech.
Posted By: Tiaexz Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by eidolon

I wish I knew what it changed, I just edited the main.pak a moment ago to re-enable 4player and was hex-editor searching.
Posted By: JendaV Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 09:08 PM
Ok, now I have both computers updated to 1.0.74, but the mod error is still present on the laptop, and it crashes the game. Where should I report such an error?
Posted By: Elwyn Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by JendaV
Ok, now I have both computers updated to 1.0.74, but the mod error is still present on the laptop, and it crashes the game. Where should I report such an error?

Maybe it will help you if you verify the local game cache?
Posted By: Jjiinx Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Tiaexz
Originally Posted by eidolon

I wish I knew what it changed, I just edited the main.pak a moment ago to re-enable 4player and was hex-editor searching.

Looks like they fixed the teleport bug, was fun while it lasted laugh
Posted By: Ezmeth Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 09:22 PM

I'd like to know this too...

Awesome set of updates though! up
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by JendaV

5) Getting an error message "The files mod Main and/or it's dependencies are invalid"
- If you have started up the editor and made changes to the Main mod or created your own Mod: please delete the following folder:
...SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mods

http://steamcommunity.com/app/230230/discussions/0/630802979864619689/
Posted By: Wallis Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 09:24 PM

I think some people expected new features etc. But it is only natural the first fixes after release addresses bugs an minor tweaks. And the we got AI personalities and Steam Workshop upload as well. I think that is awesome given that it is just one week since last patch.

I don't get it. We're TWO WEEKS out of launch, and people are expecting new content already?

Fix the game so it's working for everyone, and is awesome, THEN add new content.

I for one, am happy to see such a long list of updates, and the effort this team is putting into making this game work properly.

You can only beta-test so much, once the game is out (over 1.5 million sold, yeah?) you have a much larger sample size to find problems with the game.

The response to bug threads here and on Steam has been wonderful. Keep it up Larian.
Posted By: Ezmeth Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by NEET

You could change it in the existing game but you might miss some of the new banter if they added new ones.

When you unlock the second room of Homestead you will get the option to change appearance and personality and voice.

Just found the answer. Here it is again up top for those who are wondering the same thing...
Posted By: Ezmeth Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Wallis

I don't get it. We're TWO WEEKS out of launch, and people are expecting new content already?

Fix the game so it's working for everyone, and is awesome, THEN add new content.

I for one, am happy to see such a long list of updates, and the effort this team is putting into making this game work properly.

You can only beta-test so much, once the game is out (over 1.5 million sold, yeah?) you have a much larger sample size to find problems with the game.

The response to bug threads here and on Steam has been wonderful. Keep it up Larian.

I second that!
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 09:32 PM
Who said that Larian sold more than 1.5 million copies of D:OS? That's pure speculation imo...

But I agree with everyone who thinks that bug fixes and balancing fixes are way more important than new content.
Posted By: JendaV Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Elwyn

Maybe it will help you if you verify the local game cache?

Actually... the problem was caused by a missing configuration file. And that I fixed simply by copying one from one computer to the other. What's really strange is that the configuration file wasn't entirely missing - the game created a _folder_ named modsettings.lsx in the profile directory instead of the configuration file.
Posted By: tarasis Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 09:48 PM

They are doing a good job in terms of getting fixes out, its a shame that some of this stuff wasn't caught during the long Early access cycle, but then it was only a portion of the game.

I am very curious about where you heard 1.5 million copies sold. That would be awesome if true but I'm cynical that it is.
Posted By: audizmann Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 09:48 PM
I have installed the patch, verified game files, created a new profile and started a new game, but the crashing is the same as always. I like the game a lot, but the crashes are extremely annoying because they mostly happen at the worst possible time: when you (try to) save the game. I try to save often, but the more often I save, the more often I crash...
Posted By: FrostyWolf Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 09:49 PM
Still no fix for the Lone Wolf + respec = break all the things glitch frown

Otherwize solid patch.
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 09:49 PM
Wow, leadership got a new status icon. I have to get used to this green laurel wreath first but it definitely looks cool and is imo fitting. wink

Edit: Damage is still miscalcuated though. I only get a 40% bonus from two-handed for my melee although he has 5 points in two handed and it clearly states that he should have a 50% bonus to damage. The fifth point should be added by wearing bracers with +1 on two-handed but the additional 10% are definitely not added to the overall damage...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: blinkicide Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 10:07 PM
Anyone know if the problem of some high lvl areas dropping low lvl loot has been resolved? Halted my play through on account of that bug.
Posted By: irongamer Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Cameron9428

Hm possible, I never used leech.

Yeah, leech is way OP right now. A friend of mine and I are playing and when enemies shoot him he heals if they make him bleed. So most archer attacks on him heal him for the same amount or more than the damage he takes. The enemies are effectively healing him.

If things go bad I can just toss a blood letting on him and it heals him full no matter how many HPS down he is. The only danger is if he has like under 20 hps the blood letting will kill him. He has the lone wolf trait which makes my blood letting heals on him around 600 hp heals currently, this will only increase.

No question that leech is crazy powerful and if you mix it with zombie and a character that can poison your main melee character to heal him it gets even more out of control.

I was a bit surprised to see no changes to how these skills function.
Posted By: Igenefolio Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 10:27 PM
I can't save(well I can but after game restart they are gone) and load my saved game.
(after this patch)
OS X 10.9.4

Wallis, meet humanity... humanity, meet Wallis.

You're allowed to despair now.
Posted By: MonarchX Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 10:33 PM
Where are the release notes for 1.0.72 to 1.0.74 update?
Posted By: Headbomb Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 10:43 PM
Whatever it is, I'm on 1.0.74 and I just tried the new crafting recipes

-Crafting scrolls now works with elemental essence like the cards say (e.g. fire essence + paper = blank fire scroll)

None of these work. Or at least the following: Intestines + Arrowheads / Air Essence + Sheet of Paper / or Fire Essence + Sheet of Paper/ Strong Sinew + Strong Sinew.
Larian, you are the best! smile

Edit: This list is epic.

Kind of reminds you of the old days, doesn't it? When developers actually CARED about their games? Well done Larian, well done. Support like this is why I'm buying like 3 more copies of this game.

290 hours in and I'm just getting started with this masterpiece of a game.
Posted By: Talyda Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 11:32 PM
Just wondering if patches this huge are going to happen very often? Am LOVING the game, but if patches this big are going to happen very often, I may have to stop playing when we run out of monthly downloads (that would frustrate the hell out of me 'cos I've been excitedly waiting since kickstarter!)
Posted By: hexaae Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 11:35 PM
Why not using Steam's "Product Updates" pages to quickly check for latest releases history?
Noticed "What a Rush" got fixed... can't recall seeing it on the fixlist though...
Wonder what other 'hidden' fixes are there, or perhaps I simply overlooked it.
Posted By: blinkicide Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by Headbomb

None of these work. Or at least the following: Intestines + Arrowheads / Air Essence + Sheet of Paper / or Fire Essence + Sheet of Paper/ Strong Sinew + Strong Sinew.

I'm updated 1.0.74 and couldn't get the strong sinew recipe to work either with a prior saved game. Didn't try the others.
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 11:44 PM

I confirm. None of these recipies are working with the latest patch... think

Also metal scrapes don't improve metal armour (they cannot be combined/crafted).
Posted By: Kromgar Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 11:51 PM
The lone wolf bug where you can't recruit new companions if you respec still isn't fixed pick up the ball larian
Posted By: Jjiinx Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 15/07/14 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Kromgar
The lone wolf bug where you can't recruit new companions if you respec still isn't fixed pick up the ball larian

Have some respect for the developers, they just released a huge patch, man
Posted By: Reezus Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 12:04 AM
Seriously Larian!?!?!?!?!

All those fixes and still no hotkeys to cycle through our hotbars?!!?!?!?

Registered here just to say this. Please, PLEASE add hotbar hotkeys. Can it seriously be that difficult?

Clicking those tiny tiny tiny little up & down arrows is driving me mad!

I am dissapoint
Posted By: Horrorscope Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by Reezus

Registered here just to say this. Please, PLEASE add hotbar hotkeys. Can it seriously be that difficult?

I am dissapoint

They did, I think they missed stating it in the patch notes. Check the Hoykeys. Now you'll be upset because they made you create an account just to post this.

This, sort by type, saved sorts, use from containers and Dialog/Banter split to me are the highlights.

EDIT: And the Dialog box so far seems to remember where I left it. Hallelujah!
Posted By: Reezus Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Horrorscope

They did, I think they missed stating it in the patch notes. Check the Hoykeys. Now you'll be upset because they made you create an account just to post this.

This, sort by type, saved sort and Dialog/Banter split to me are the highlights.

OMG. Yes! I'll shut up now.
Posted By: MonarchX Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 12:21 AM

Also metal scrapes don't improve metal armour (they cannot be combined/crafted).

Have you tried these recipes when starting a New Game? What about 1.0.72 patch - does it also have those recipes broken?
Posted By: henryv Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by Reezus

I am dissapoint

For the record, and for future reference, it's R and F hotkey.
Posted By: BobbyRob Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 12:46 AM
Thanks for the great update Larian! It is great to see so many things being worked on so soon after release.

I'm still having the issue with black stripes in Black Cove on my Mac. I've verified my local cache already, is there something I'm missing?

Running OSX 10.9.4

Thanks.
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by MonarchX

Have you tried these recipes when starting a New Game? What about 1.0.72 patch - does it also have those recipes broken?

No, no new game. But David said all the changes should also apply to existing savegames...
Posted By: Arkenian Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 02:03 AM
So it used to be (on Mac) that the esc key would cancel a current spell, that doesn't seem to work anymore. If I select a spell/skill I don't want to use in combat, how do I cancel?

Also, please do not send me an e-mail with a password plus my username I have typed in. Ever. That is a security nightmare.
Posted By: dlux Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 02:03 AM
Wow, what a huge update, and in such a short interval too! You guys are really working your asses off. Kudos to my bros at Larian! smile
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 02:08 AM
Originally Posted by Arkenian
So it used to be (on Mac) that the esc key would cancel a current spell, that doesn't seem to work anymore. If I select a spell/skill I don't want to use in combat, how do I cancel?

Also, please do not send me an e-mail with a password plus my username I have typed in. Ever. That is a security nightmare.

I think right click should do the trick IIRC.
Posted By: Axell Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 02:23 AM
Waiting on the changelog for 1.0.74 to see what changes were made, huge update.
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by Axell

1.0.74 only fixed a teleport glitch. 1.0.72 was the big update.
Posted By: Axell Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 02:42 AM

1.0.74 only fixed a teleport glitch. 1.0.72 was the big update.

Eh? Steam first downloaded a small patch and THEN some ~800MB worth of stuff. Strange.
Posted By: Phelanka Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 03:02 AM
After today's patch I can no longer scroll through my hotbars either through pressing the up/down arrows on the hotbar itself or the new "r" and "f" hotkeys. Am I missing something?
Posted By: Dmnqwk Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 03:22 AM
LordCrash, the picture is not very helpful but I can JUST about make out the fact you have a Tenebrium of FOUR.

If your weapon deals Tenebrium damage then 2handed/1handed/bow/crossbow skills become useless and it adds the Tenebrium value instead - since you have a 4 not a 5 in that, it's why you think your damage is off.

I'm having to guess of course, because your picture isn't very helpful but hopefully you'll understand when you check if your weapon does Tenebrium damage if this is the case.

As for various bug fixes and such - Weather the Storm changes are nice to prevent people taking 5 man at arms JUST FOR THE SKILL (I laugh at those who claim it's useless now, 125% resists for 1 talent point is always nice).

I don't like the scrollbars going backwards, it's insane who'd prefer to press DOWN to go UP in value, pure insanity.
Posted By: Arkenian Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 03:36 AM

I think right click should do the trick IIRC.

Thank you very much. I love this game so far but I do think its a bit thin on instructions.
Posted By: Cameron9428 Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 04:40 AM
Originally Posted by Dmnqwk
As for various bug fixes and such - Weather the Storm changes are nice to prevent people taking 5 man at arms JUST FOR THE SKILL (I laugh at those who claim it's useless now, 125% resists for 1 talent point is always nice).

Does Weather the Storm actually add directly to your resists? I thought it just reduced elemental damage sustained by 50% (25%, post-patch). If it doesn't add directly to resists then I don't see it being useful if you already have 100% resistances across the board.
Posted By: Xyst Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 05:00 AM
It was a nice big list of bug fixes and random UI changes - things that were nice to get done, but...

There are 3 priorities that need/must be addressed ASAP since they are game-breaking:

1) Memory Leak: until inevitable game crashes. From the time I load the game my CPU load will start at about 02 then go up steadily to about 73. The memory (private working set) from start of game to crash begins at about 22,000K and crashes at about 1,322,000K. It generally takes about 25 minutes of game-play before crashing (whether I save or not, but see saving the game below).

2) Saving the game: either endlessly saves or just plain crashes the game. Endless saves (when you try to save and the game freezes at the save screen until you ctr+alt+del) occur about every 4th save attempt. Before this patch, it would not actually save and you had to revert to loading a prior save file - after this patch it does seem to keep your save but you still have to exit and restart the game again (and with load times taking forever, it gets really annoying). Then there is the save that just plain crashes the game (it exits to your desktop with a windows pop-up).

3) FPS degradation: The game will start off at about 60 FPS, but very quickly (within 10 seconds) will drop over about 25 minutes until you are down to about 1 or 2 FPS, making the game unplayable.

These 3 issues (especially combined) make the game extremely hard to play and most people refuse to play at all until these issues are fixed (My roommate bought the game, played for about 3 days and quit and from the posts I have read so far in these forums, it looks like every single player has these 3 issues in some fashion as I have not seen 1 person post that they are not affected by these 3 issues).

Talk about Game Breaking issues...and it is not like it is not affecting some people - it is affecting everyone. So, in conclusion, it is nice that there were additions to the game personalities and UI changes, BUT these 3 issues/bugs should be made a #1, #2 and #3 priority if you want people to keep playing - if not, then please allow for a full refund of the game purchase price for those of us (everyone) that cannot play the game right now in more than 25 minute intervals.
Posted By: tarasis Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 05:14 AM
I don't have any of those issues Xyst, nor have I read of many others having those issues. I've played about 20 hours so far, usually in 2-3 hour blocks with multiple saves in that time (manual, quick and auto saves).

You should post a bug report in the Technical forum, and if you haven't already get Steam to verify your game files. What OS are you running on? What Hardware?

Btw
Originally Posted by Xyst

1) Memory Leak: until inevitable game crashes. From the time I load the game my CPU load will start at about 02 then go up steadily to about 73. The memory (private working set) from start of game to crash begins at about 22,000K and crashes at about 1,322,000K. It generally takes about 25 minutes of game-play before crashing (whether I save or not, but see saving the game below).

That doesn't sound like a memory leak, that sounds more like the game loading itself and it's assets into memory. Of course it grows from 22MB, that will probably just be the minimum for the loading screen.
Posted By: Jacob Marner Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 05:35 AM
[quote=LordCrash]

Eh? Steam first downloaded a small patch and THEN some ~800MB worth of stuff. Strange.

First there was small patch *for the editor*. Then a big patch *for the game* on Steam for 1.0.72.

And later again a small patch for the game. But if you didn't use Steam in-between 1.0.72 and 1.0.74 it will just download them in one go.
Posted By: Xyst Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 05:56 AM
I don't have any of those issues Xyst, nor have I read of many others having those issues. I've played about 20 hours so far, usually in 2-3 hour blocks with multiple saves in that time (manual, quick and auto saves).

You should post a bug report in the Technical forum, and if you haven't already get Steam to verify your game files. What OS are you running on? What Hardware?

Gratz Tarasis! You are the 1st person to not have had to deal with these 3 issues (that has posted at least) It is nice to know that at least 1 person has been able to play in more than a 25 minute increment of time (and I am not being sarcastic).

I did go ahead and post in the Technical Forum section with the specs of my computer and I had already verified the integrity of the game (100% pass) as well as run the D:OS utility that Larian has asked those of us having problems to use with another 100% pass - and I emailed the generated report already.

My hope is that it will help them to address the issues here and let the other people that bought this game and are having issues actually play it! The storyline of this game is amazing - the gameplay, I imagine - when working, is amazing - concept - amazing and I could go on and on about how much potential this game has, but it hurts my brain to try and play in 25m intervals then reload and hope to play another 25m before another crash.
Posted By: Klixen Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 06:08 AM
Xyst I'm having the same issues you are. I too can only play in 25 min intervals before the game crashes.

I think it's because I'm running out of memory, I only have a 32bit system with 4GB of ram. I read somewhere that the game saves EVERYTHING. Every chest you open, every dialogue you have and so on. The longer you play, the more it saves. Eventually, you just run out of memory.

So I've learned to save, save, save before and after everything! I also regularly delete my old save games.

I was hoping this patch would help address this issue.
Posted By: Jacob Marner Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 06:09 AM

Gratz Tarasis! You are the 1st person to not have had to deal with these 3 issues (that has posted at least) It is nice to know that at least 1 person has been able to play in more than a 25 minute increment of time (and I am not being sarcastic).

I have played 50 hours and I have not yet had the game crash. No leaks. No FPS degradation. It basically just works.
Posted By: koji Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 06:26 AM
Yikes, lotsa changes, nice! <3
Posted By: Everything. Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 06:41 AM
Sorry if someone already asked but is there a way to change their AI once the game already been started?
Posted By: Jito463 Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 06:50 AM
When you unlock the second room in the Homestead (the bedrooms), there is a mirror you can use to alter your characters appearance/voice/personality.
Posted By: RtM Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 07:02 AM
It was a nice big list of bug fixes and random UI changes - things that were nice to get done, but...

There are 3 priorities that need/must be addressed ASAP since they are game-breaking:

2) Saving the game: either endlessly saves or just plain crashes the game. Endless saves (when you try to save and the game freezes at the save screen until you ctr+alt+del) occur about every 4th save attempt. Before this patch, it would not actually save and you had to revert to loading a prior save file - after this patch it does seem to keep your save but you still have to exit and restart the game again (and with load times taking forever, it gets really annoying). Then there is the save that just plain crashes the game (it exits to your desktop with a windows pop-up).

3) FPS degradation: The game will start off at about 60 FPS, but very quickly (within 10 seconds) will drop over about 25 minutes until you are down to about 1 or 2 FPS, making the game unplayable.

These 3 issues (especially combined) make the game extremely hard to play and most people refuse to play at all until these issues are fixed (My roommate bought the game, played for about 3 days and quit and from the posts I have read so far in these forums, it looks like every single player has these 3 issues in some fashion as I have not seen 1 person post that they are not affected by these 3 issues).

Talk about Game Breaking issues...and it is not like it is not affecting some people - it is affecting everyone. So, in conclusion, it is nice that there were additions to the game personalities and UI changes, BUT these 3 issues/bugs should be made a #1, #2 and #3 priority if you want people to keep playing - if not, then please allow for a full refund of the game purchase price for those of us (everyone) that cannot play the game right now in more than 25 minute intervals.

Pretty much. This is what I go through. It's really shitty. I've sent all the reports, done most recommended things(aside from messing with files some posters recommended) and nothing changes. But it actually seems to be even a little less stable with the latest patch. Sure LOADS of other things were improved/fixed and I appreciate it. It's just difficult to fully enjoy those things when I'm constantly think "ok should I save here and just quit the game and reboot now or chance it?"

Just now in a pretty long battle, one I had to attempt 3 times before winning, the game crashed on my FIRST save. Straight to the desktop. Truly heart broken. And these 3 attempts were at different times throughout the day. Not in one play-through. The problem is that it doesn't seem to be high up on the to-do list IMO. I get the same replies when I email about the problem with my crash dumps and such. frown
Posted By: Raith Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 07:05 AM
Xyst I have never heard of anyone having those issues, if EVERYONE was having those issues, like you seem to think they are, the forums would have been on fire ever since launch. Stop acting like just because you and a few others are having those issues, everyone must be. Not saying it isn't a major issue and shouldn't be fixed just because it is happening to a minority, just saying for you to stop acting like a you are the center of the universe, and your experience is mirrored by everyone else.

Pic related is my playtime, only 20 hours or so is from beta. This was done in multiple 10+ hour stints with tons of alt-tabbing and the like. This game is stable as fuck for me, and I genuinely feel bad that it isn't stable for you.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Xyst Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by Raith
Xyst I have never heard of anyone having those issues, if EVERYONE was having those issues, like you seem to think they are, the forums would have been on fire ever since launch. Stop acting like just because you and a few others are having those issues, everyone must be. Not saying it isn't a major issue and shouldn't be fixed just because it is happening to a minority, just saying for you to stop acting like a you are the center of the universe, and your experience is mirrored by everyone else.

This game is stable as fuck for me, and I genuinely feel bad that it isn't stable for you.

Why Thank you Raith. I appreciate that you are 1 more person that has not had these issues. If you read the Tech Issues part of the Forums, you would see that there are a ton of players that are having these exact issues - but, in your defense, I understand that if I had zero problems with stability, I would likely not read the Tech Issue part of the forums either :p

I imagine that those players that have high end Rigs are able to play just fine (which is hopefully a lot of you out there) and can enjoy this amazing game just fine. I had posted in this thread because I wanted to point out just how important it is to have this issue be a priority and add a bit of disappointment that it has not been addressed yet (and I say yet, having faith that this issue will be addressed ASAP). As per a suggestion up above ^^ I did post in Technical Issues as well with specs included and all the things I have done on my end to try and fix the issue. Apologies to ya Raith (or anyone else) that my post came off as Egocentric - if you knew me, you would know I am far from it. Frustrated with a hint of anger is more like it smile I want to play this game so bad it hurts!
Posted By: Jacob Marner Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 07:34 AM
Frustrated with a hint of anger is more like it smile I want to play this game so bad it hurts!

I can feel your pain. I sincerely hope that your issues will be fixed soon. Cross fingers.
Posted By: Morrandir Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 07:51 AM
Still no patch on GOG. frown
Posted By: Eryendil Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by Morrandir
Still no patch on GOG. frown

What's GOG? Just curious.

Edit: Nvm! Just found out, haven't been gaming for ages until this game was released smile
Posted By: Raith Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 08:08 AM
People who are having problems are always the most vocal part of a group. Just look at a review for any hard drive and you would think that they have a 90% failure rate right out of the box. Once again, don't assume that just because a fair bit of people are having problem that the issue is that large scale.
Posted By: FadeToBlack Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 08:15 AM
I am sorry for you but I never had such problems with the game. The only time this game crashed for me was after I closed the laptop and the system went to hibernate mode. I played it 100h now.

Does anybody know something about the wrong loot in Hiberheim?
Posted By: hexaae Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 08:24 AM
@Lar_q
Please, can you use also the Steam "Product Updates" section to publish your changelogs? Thank you.
RMB on a game, News, Product Updates on the right...
[Linked Image]
and it is not like it is not affecting some people - it is affecting everyone.

Gotta love people claiming that everyone has their problem, while really next to none do.
Posted By: Styno Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by hexaae
@Lar_q
Please, can you use also the Steam "Product Updates" section to publish your changelogs? Thank you.
[Linked Image]

The changelogs are too long for steam to handle smile
Posted By: RtM Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 09:21 AM
and it is not like it is not affecting some people - it is affecting everyone.

Gotta love people claiming that everyone has their problem, while really next to none do.

This is just as bad.
Posted By: dgomez Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 09:22 AM
I am sure that the issues which I and Xyst have are connected with 32bit system. I guess we just don't have enough operative memory. And do you know how many people stil have 32 bit system??? How dare you say that this doesn't affect large audiences? Nevertheless, even if i have crashes each 20 minutes, I continue to play and I have played around 54 hours. I have also noticed that in some locations like black cove or Niberheim there are no crashes at all, so it was really great to play there.
But he didn't say "many" people, he said "everyone"... major big difference.
But I think enough on the subject, the whole last page was just discussion that one post...
Posted By: Raith Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 10:03 AM
People with 32 bit systems are less than human, you should be happy that we haven't hunted you down and eaten you yet.

There are people out there that will think I am being serious, they shall be ridiculed.

Posted By: tarasis Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 10:03 AM
Yes we need to complain about the lack of patch notes for 1.0.74 wink

also a Larian bod posted on Steam (don't have link to had as I've closed Steam) that at some point there will be a bug fix related to the chests at the Homestead. If you send to much stuff it looks like the stuff is lost, but its really there just not visible in the UI. Apparently they'll either limit the amount you can send OR put tabs on the chest.

Originally Posted by Raith
People with 32 bit systems are less than human, you should be happy that we haven't hunted you down and eaten you yet.

There are people out there that will think I am being serious, they shall be ridiculed.

Those are probably the same people that were outraged the Spielberg shot a dinosaur for sport.
Well, obviously there will be more patches.
People who expected that the first, a week or 1 1/2 after release would fix EVERYTHING only fool themselves, or don't know a thing about game-development.

Yes, I know it's sad your pet-peeve (might it be leech being powerful, or inability to respec lone wolf etc.) isn't fixed yet, but that's no reason to blow it out of proportions, throw around insults or go all out campaign of "Larian doesn't fix it's bugs!" just cause you might need to wait some longer... bugfixing isn't magic.
Posted By: neviem Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 10:54 AM
yesterday my game was running for around 6 hours without any issue at all, but I'm running win7 x64 with 16gb ram.
Posted By: Regenuluz Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 11:38 AM
This seems like a nice patch. Glad for the additional action bars! Though maybe add an option somewhere to set the number of action bars you want? smile

Anyway, off to some more D:OR!

Cheers!
Posted By: Axell Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 12:16 PM
First there was small patch *for the editor*. Then a big patch *for the game* on Steam for 1.0.72.

And later again a small patch for the game. But if you didn't use Steam in-between 1.0.72 and 1.0.74 it will just download them in one go.

Oh that explains it then, thanks. smile
Posted By: Jito463 Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Regenuluz

Cheers!

Are you cheating on Larian with another game? You go play Original Sin right now, mister!

oops
Posted By: Regenuluz Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Jito463
Originally Posted by Regenuluz

Cheers!

Are you cheating on Larian with another game? You go play Original Sin right now, mister!

oops

Whoops, of course I meant D:OS! laugh

Though, I've hit somewhat of a bug. My new save games doesn't work. frown (The save games, after this patch)
Posted By: Ailurophile Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 12:47 PM
The teleport bug was great for map hopping areas without close waypoints.

I thought maybe I was the only one experiencing that exploit. It sure was hard to resist teleporting in to places I should not have access to.

The hotbar hotkeys are a welcome addition, now let us bind the individual skills and we'll be set.
Posted By: LeBurns Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Styno
Originally Posted by hexaae
@Lar_q
[Linked Image]

The changelogs are too long for steam to handle smile

So where are they? I still haven't figured out all that got changed.
Posted By: ForkTong Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 01:11 PM
I have actually looked for that product updates thing and cannot find where we can actually "post" in it.
Posted By: Lar_q Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 01:40 PM
As far as we can see, the large majority of players can play without any stability problems. But there's a group on 32 bit systems which are having a lot of trouble and that's certainly a situation we want to resolve. A lot of effort is going into that now.
Posted By: Sherr Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 01:53 PM
can someone tell, did they do any skill balance changes? Like buff usless Daggers drawn and such?
Did someone obtain this spell yet ? claphands

-Added new spell, Summon_ShadowCasterEF (uses only old assets incl. name & spells)
Posted By: Rhidian Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 04:34 PM
It seems that the folder that Steam Workshop downloads mods (beside the Cow Simulator) to is different than the folder that D:OS looks at for mods, meaning that player made mods from the Workshop won't show up ingame.
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by Dmnqwk
LordCrash, the picture is not very helpful but I can JUST about make out the fact you have a Tenebrium of FOUR.

If your weapon deals Tenebrium damage then 2handed/1handed/bow/crossbow skills become useless and it adds the Tenebrium value instead - since you have a 4 not a 5 in that, it's why you think your damage is off.

I'm having to guess of course, because your picture isn't very helpful but hopefully you'll understand when you check if your weapon does Tenebrium damage if this is the case.

Well, in that case the whole way Tenebrium enchantments work is pointless and counterintuitive imo. Making an ability completely useless after you invested 15 ability points into it and replacing it with a way less effective ability? Wow...
Posted By: Bl4ckSh33p Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 05:16 PM
Nice list, thank you. smile
Do you think you can add keybindings to switch skillbars in a future update? Or an option to show 2-3 bars at once would be great!
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Bl4ckSh33p
Do you think you can add keybindings to switch skillbars in a future update? Or an option to show 2-3 bars at once would be great!

They already implemented keybindings to switch skillbars(R and F, can be changed in the game's options) and the increased the number of skillbars to 5 in total. They just forgot to mention that in the changelist. wink
Posted By: Urzas Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 05:26 PM
I have 32bit 4GB ram system, but I don't have those issues.
My guess as of why is because I had tweaked my system long time ago to use 3 gb of ram for userspace(programs). Link to the how-to: How to enable a 3GB switch on Windows Vista Windows 7 or Windows XP
Posted By: RtM Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 05:52 PM
As far as we can see, the large majority of players can play without any stability problems. But there's a group on 32 bit systems which are having a lot of trouble and that's certainly a situation we want to resolve. A lot of effort is going into that now.

Yaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!
Posted By: Dwarf17 Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 06:23 PM
From a GOG user to Larian:

Thank you for this thread!

and also a big thank you for this:

Patch 1.0.57+ to 1.0.74

no uninstall mess!

A very happy small dwarf
Posted By: Jacob Marner Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 06:26 PM
Do you think you can add keybindings to switch skillbars in a future update?

As mentioned a few times in this thread. That feature *has* been made. It is mapped to the 'R' and 'F' keys by default.
Posted By: dgomez Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 06:35 PM
Urzas, you are the best. Hard to admit, but there are NO MORE of these fucking crashes. May the russian blessing be with you.
Posted By: Tiaexz Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 06:37 PM
Any notes for the patch that was just released?

Found:

Because of that, we have just uploaded version 1.0.78:
- Several rare crash fixes
- Fix for newly introduced save/load issues (Mac)
- Fix for crashing on saving (Windows)

Posted By: Taven Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 06:55 PM
Hoping it fixed the Strong Sinew issue
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Taven
Hoping it fixed the Strong Sinew issue

Yes, it did. I can confirm that you can now combine strong sinews to bowstrings! smile

Edit: Intestines and arrowheads can now be combined to get poison arrowheas as well.
Posted By: Bl4ckSh33p Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 07:29 PM

They already implemented keybindings to switch skillbars(R and F, can be changed in the game's options) and the increased the number of skillbars to 5 in total. They just forgot to mention that in the changelist. wink

Great! laugh
btw: Nice sheep avatar. wink

/edit: found it in the key bindings but it seems you cant bind Shift+Mousewheel Up/Down, only single keys. frown

(and the "highlight characters" default binding is shown as blank, but I think its the ^ key (found it by accident))
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 07:45 PM

Great! laugh
btw: Nice sheep avatar. wink

/edit: found it in the key bindings but it seems you cant bind Shift+Mousewheel Up/Down, only single keys. frown

(and the "highlight characters" default binding is shown as blank, but I think its the ^ key (found it by accident))

It's "oe" (the German umlaut, forum software doesn't support the input of umlaute) in my game and shown as the same in the options ? Maybe that's a problem with different (localized) keyboards?
Posted By: Lyramia Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 09:28 PM
I was hoping that intestines + something (raw meat?) would yield sausage... there's already plenty of ways to make poison arrowheads.

However, nice patch overall!
Posted By: Actually Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 09:56 PM
Intestines + knife should yeild sinew, honestly I was dissappointed because like you said poison arrows are so easy to make.
Posted By: Arii Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 10:42 PM
Appreciate the patch quite a bit. smile

I do have a small concern, however, though wondering if it's just my computer...?

It's been a short while since I last played, though after the update I loaded it back up again - but is it just me, or does everything seem ... bigger?? On the resolution setting I had before the update, everything just seemed more compact, but now it seems almost glaringly huge. And the combat log is most noticeably.. off.

I can't even turn it off, since that button no longer exists to do so.

It's as if the resolution isn't properly applying itself...

( screenshot )

I haven't changed any settings from since I originally installed and started playing, so quite frankly I'm a bit baffled as to what's going on. How it was before was fine, but now... smirk
Posted By: Pimpollo Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 10:52 PM
The Philosophy of Death quest is still bugged (no text)
@ Arii; Looks fine to me? Not sure what the issue is.
As soon as you hover over the talk log it should give you the greyed out surrounding and buttons to change it to whatever you desire.
Posted By: Verzwei Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 11:00 PM

Played for a few hours last night with my buddy in our coop game. The teller was absolutely regenerating the books every time we leveled, just like she was pre-patch.

Most of the other changes (that we could actually test) did appear to 'apply' to our game, the teller was the one outlier.
Posted By: Arii Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 16/07/14 11:22 PM
As soon as you hover over the talk log it should give you the greyed out surrounding and buttons to change it to whatever you desire.

See, that's the thing - it looks fine to /you/.
I never thought to screenshot when I first started playing, otherwise I would be able to do a comparision.

As it is, to /me/ something has changed and on a level I don't like.

Like I tried to say, everything seemed far more compact for the resolution I had it on. The chat log was smaller, the combat log was smaller... both had buttons on the bottom left/right hand of the screen to trigger them on/off; both of which are now gone.

I can't even adjust the combat log in an attempt to make it smaller anymore, something I was able to do before - and, yes, I tried to do that as I was aware of how to do it.

It's hard to explain exactly what seems different, but to me it feels everything is and just not properly adjusting to the resolution I have it at. Maybe it's just me, maybe not... but this is something I noticed happening only after playing the game after the last update.
Not that you mention it, yeah, I don't see the buttons to turn them off.
As for resizing the combatlog are you sure it wasn't locked on that setting (little lock icon) and if you used that you can resize it again?
UPDATE:

Just booted the game... and seen they changed it. The buttons are no longer visible if the logs are active, instead you need to press the red X to close them. If they are closed the buttons appear to re-open it.
So it seems WAI.
Posted By: eXalted Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 17/07/14 12:12 AM
Great, great patch. Nice work!

Originally Posted by Celo
Originally Posted by AlexanderDeLarge

I second that. I just want this thing fixed because otherwise I'm totally happy with this game.

Only this, please, please!
Posted By: Sealiah Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 17/07/14 04:10 AM
Originally Posted by Verzwei

Played for a few hours last night with my buddy in our coop game. The teller was absolutely regenerating the books every time we leveled, just like she was pre-patch.

Most of the other changes (that we could actually test) did appear to 'apply' to our game, the teller was the one outlier.

Same for me and my buddy in our co-op game. My assumption is that the change takes place on her initial spawn when the portal is opened. She will likely not regen them on new games. That is only speculation though smile (I'm not complaining, I'm stoked I get to take advantage of it for that last few levels in this playthrough hahaha)

Originally Posted by Arii

See, that's the thing - it looks fine to /you/.
I never thought to screenshot when I first started playing, otherwise I would be able to do a comparision.

As it is, to /me/ something has changed and on a level I don't like.

Like I tried to say, everything seemed far more compact for the resolution I had it on. The chat log was smaller, the combat log was smaller... both had buttons on the bottom left/right hand of the screen to trigger them on/off; both of which are now gone.

I can't even adjust the combat log in an attempt to make it smaller anymore, something I was able to do before - and, yes, I tried to do that as I was aware of how to do it.

It's hard to explain exactly what seems different, but to me it feels everything is and just not properly adjusting to the resolution I have it at. Maybe it's just me, maybe not... but this is something I noticed happening only after playing the game after the last update.

Might be silly, but it may be you just going crazy :P
Try changing the resolution and then changing back to your preferred.
Posted By: Pimpollo Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 17/07/14 07:29 AM
Inventory-Backpack needs a store all button. You can do it FROM the bp but not to it.
Posted By: Jacob Marner Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 17/07/14 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by Arii

And the combat log is most noticeably.. off.

When you say "off" do you mean that it does not show the latest relevant data. I have an issue regularly were the combat log does not show the latest data although the scroll bar is at the bottom. But if I manually grab the scroll bar it seems to correct itself.

This confused me for a while since I could not see a clear correlation between the combat log and what happened in the game.
Posted By: Eryendil Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 17/07/14 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Urzas
I have 32bit 4GB ram system, but I don't have those issues.
My guess as of why is because I had tweaked my system long time ago to use 3 gb of ram for userspace(programs). Link to the how-to: How to enable a 3GB switch on Windows Vista Windows 7 or Windows XP

Cool post man, I didn't have any issues myself but it seems to help out most of the people with stability issues. Way to go!

Posted By: raigod Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 17/07/14 03:55 PM
When i load my savegame i have this message "Warning! The savegame has detected tampering or corruption. It is strongly advised that you do not continue on this savegame."
My problem started after latest big patch and i can t load cyseal areas and some others cause i ll crash.
If i make new savegames nothing changes and i always have this massage.
Let me know what i could do, i am playing by steam.
I tried the larian tool and i passed all testing config.
I had no issues before this patch i played good for about 25 hours.
Posted By: Jito463 Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 17/07/14 04:50 PM
Have you tried loading an earlier save?
Posted By: Verzwei Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 17/07/14 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Sealiah

Same for me and my buddy in our co-op game. My assumption is that the change takes place on her initial spawn when the portal is opened. She will likely not regen them on new games. That is only speculation though smile (I'm not complaining, I'm stoked I get to take advantage of it for that last few levels in this playthrough hahaha)

Well, I got to the point where I could test this on my single player game (was waiting for the AI personalities before restarting it) and... The teller still regenerates her books every level. I got her unlocked at 5, bought books, leveled to 6 and she had a new set to sell.

It appears this bug/"exploit" was not fixed at all.
Posted By: krist2 Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 17/07/14 09:10 PM
I quick saved on the beach after finding the corpse with the book about flying. I did this after reading the book, but before having the conversation between the two characters. After saving I can't talk about the corpse, now exclamation mark over the characters.
Posted By: Jito463 Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 17/07/14 09:14 PM
Well, I got to the point where I could test this on my single player game (was waiting for the AI personalities before restarting it) and... The teller still regenerates her books every level. I got her unlocked at 5, bought books, leveled to 6 and she had a new set to sell.

Maybe it only works on game where you haven't unlocked her, yet? Or, perhaps it only applies to new games, not to existing saves.
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 17/07/14 09:52 PM

Maybe it just works with a new game...

It's quite funny that I didn't unlock this room in the homestead before level 17... hahaha
Posted By: LeBurns Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 17/07/14 11:37 PM
Anybody else just get another DOS patch? Just over 8 MB just loaded up. No notes though.
Posted By: Verzwei Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 18/07/14 02:32 AM
Maybe it only works on game where you haven't unlocked her, yet? Or, perhaps it only applies to new games, not to existing saves.

Maybe it just works with a new game...

It's quite funny that I didn't unlock this room in the homestead before level 17... hahaha

It is a new game. I was waiting for the AI personalities to come out and started a new single player game. I started the game with one of the companions set to "Rascal" which is the same patch these notes are for. I metagamed my way to unlocking the Teller of Secrets as fast as I could (got my 5th stone just as I hit level 5) and bought the books. I played until level 6 and went back and she has the books again.

The very first time I reported this, I was playing off of a preexisting co-op game with my buddy. Since then I'd started an entirely new single-player game, unlocked the vendor, and confirmed that the bug/exploit is in absolutely no way fixed.
Originally Posted by LeBurns
Anybody else just get another DOS patch? Just over 8 MB just loaded up. No notes though.

.81 yeah... I saw the notes on Steam now (but since I just closed Steam can't share them at the moment).
Was super-tiny, think it said just something about the editor?
Posted By: Greyhawke Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 18/07/14 05:43 AM
This is the changelist from Rpgwatch for the 1.0.81 patch.

A mini-fix today with a very small change list, and at the same time a big update for those who are busy with the Divinity engine toolkit as we added the source files for the main campaign.

We also added a truckload of new tutorial movies which will teach you how to script.

Game fixes

-Fix for error 117 (during saving with unicode profile/user names)
-Fix for floating camera

Divinity Engine Toolkit changes

-Added "templates folder" with source data for main campaign (Divinity engine toolkit)
-Stability fix in resource manager

Have fun!

Grey
Posted By: Lamalemon Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 18/07/14 07:02 AM
Greetings to all
I say in advance that this is a Google translator

to my query
I have GOG version. How do I apply the patch? I'm not very proficient in IT.
And I do not see "Check for updates"
Posted By: dal Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 18/07/14 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lamalemon
Greetings to all
I say in advance that this is a Google translator

to my query
I have GOG version. How do I apply the patch? I'm not very proficient in IT.
And I do not see "Check for updates"

Do you download the game from GOG? Same for patches.

Go to http://www.gog.com
go to My Account
You will see "My games"
find Divinity Original Sin icon and press it
You need patches links here
Posted By: Flander70 Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 18/07/14 05:53 PM
Where can I download the patch.
Posted By: tarasis Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 18/07/14 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Flander70
Where can I download the patch.

GOG or Steam?

Steam is automatically patched unless you turn it off. If GOG then do as Dal mentions in the post above yours.
Posted By: henryv Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 19/07/14 01:19 AM
[quote=Verzwei]

I might test this out. I just arrived on the teller of secrets right after the patch upgrade.
Posted By: Blablabla Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 21/07/14 01:00 PM
I can't upgrade my game because it is version 1.0.51 and the patch to get to 1.0.57 is gone from GOG.
Posted By: EinTroll Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 21/07/14 01:21 PM
What version is the base game if you redownload it from GoG?
Posted By: chwat Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 22/07/14 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by EinTroll
What version is the base game if you redownload it from GoG?

The base version has just been upgraded to 1.074, they still have the patch from version 1.057+ up, but no patch before that. And then there's patch 1.074 to 1081+ to upgrade the current base version.
Posted By: Jito463 Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 22/07/14 02:59 AM
Have you tried e-mailing GoG about this? Maybe they can give you a link to the download. Presumably it's still on their servers, just not linked anymore.
Posted By: NEET Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 23/07/14 09:59 AM
Any idea when the next update gonna be?

EDIT: Will it have any additional content or mostly optimization?
Originally Posted by henryv
[quote=Verzwei]

I might test this out. I just arrived on the teller of secrets right after the patch upgrade.

From my experience, before the patch she would regenerate books every 5 hrs or so, or an in game day(24 hrs). That's what the other vendors would do as well, refresh inventory every 5 hrs or so real time. After the patch they seem to only refresh when you level up as most people thought was how they worked originally.

I tested this by leaving my game running and going afk and just quick saving to tag the time (real and ingame). After the patch they do not seem to refresh based on time but only when I level up.
Posted By: Climbatiz Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 26/07/14 07:45 PM
updated to v81, wondering, did they remove the ability to see world items with ALT key? or did it change to some other key, sure it makes things a bit harder to notice, any1 know anything about this?

also i can no longer use my defined key to rotate the camera, which was "X", and i don't have a mouse scroller key on my mouse
Posted By: fxluk Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 27/07/14 02:29 PM
Any news regarding new patch? What kind of changes we can expect? Any ETA?
@ Climb; Nope, ALT works as it always had. As usual, first thing to try is verifying your files.

@ Fx; Nope.
Posted By: henryv Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 28/07/14 09:23 AM
First time I saw that flaming thing on larian forums.
Posted By: Jito463 Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 28/07/14 02:12 PM
It must go off number of views, rather than replies. The post below this has more replies, but only a fraction of the views, and it's not on fire. smile
Just hover over the flame and it describes the requirements (10000 posts or 70000 views or somesuch).
Posted By: Kley Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 29/07/14 07:04 AM
The game just keep crushing on save/load with latest patch... disagree
And it seems that the graphic settings are heavily involved here. Changed them to Medium and life became happier. Also if there are many of NPC's displayed simultaneously on screen, game crushes on saving much more frequently.
Any info on when next patch will be released?
Posted By: Jito463 Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 29/07/14 08:47 AM
What's your system specs? Have you verified you have the latest drivers for your video card?
Posted By: Kley Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 30/07/14 05:04 AM
What's your system specs? Have you verified you have the latest drivers for your video card?

Yep, I downloaded latest drivers yesterday, and now the game crushes even more.

Specs:
Core i5
Nvidia GTX 460 with 1Gb VRAM
8gb RAM
WIndows 7.
Posted By: LordCrash Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 31/07/14 04:28 PM
Make sure you set AA to application controlled in your Geforce driver.

Is your Windows 7 version 32 or 64 bit?

If your savegame crashes send the corrupted savegeme to supportdos@larian.com to enable them to identify and fix the issue.
Posted By: Kley Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 01/08/14 05:16 AM
Make sure you set AA to application controlled in your Geforce driver.

I'll check it out.

Is your Windows 7 version 32 or 64 bit?

If your savegame crashes send the corrupted savegeme to supportdos@larian.com to enable them to identify and fix the issue.

It is not savegame that crashes, it's the GAME that crushes on saving or loading, so I haven't got corrupted save-files. By the way - changing graphic settings to low makes game work just fine.

Thank you for your help.
Yeah, 32-bit windows has issues with memory-allocation for the game... it's just not enough.
They already did some tweaking in the patch, and said they would do more in the future, but for now, 32-bit and D:OS don't work nicely with each other.

(Somewhere someone posted something about increasing the swap-file size (I think IIRC) to allocate more for the game, and that fixed the crashing for most users... you might want to search for that post. Don't recall where, might even be this thread)
Posted By: Kley Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 01/08/14 11:27 AM
Yeah, 32-bit windows has issues with memory-allocation for the game...

Guess I'll have to reinstall my OS after all, time of 32-bit software coming to an end. But! The game worth it smile

thankyou again.
Posted By: Jito463 Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 01/08/14 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Kley
time of 32-bit software coming to an end.

Speaking personally, I've been 64-bit exclusively since 2005, when Windows XP x64 edition was still in RC2. I'd love if Windows 9 (or whatever they call it) was strictly a 64-bit release. It's about time, I say.

But! The game worth it smile

Yes, it is. smile
Posted By: MetaMoose Re: Divinity:Original Sin Patch v1.0.72 - 04/08/14 05:16 PM
time of 32-bit software coming to an end.

Speaking personally, I've been 64-bit exclusively since 2005, when Windows XP x64 edition was still in RC2. I'd love if Windows 9 (or whatever they call it) was strictly a 64-bit release. It's about time, I say.

But! The game worth it smile

Yes, it is. smile

Haha... Then we can start looking forwards to the 128 bit Windows release... oh the dreams of what could be done with so much memory...
© Larian Studios forums