Larian Studios
Posted By: BlazeDragoon 4 Player Mod - 01/07/14 08:59 AM
Edit: Updated link for 1.0.5.0 for the recent update. Please read the readme for where to put the file.

Edit2: Someone recently made a guide on how to edit the main.pak file to make the game 4 player without using this mod, you can find that here if you wish to use that. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=280039791 . This would have to be updated every patch as it's downside(mine doesn't need it sometimes sometimes it does), but only the host needs to do this. I will still update my mod though.

Hey guys I made a 4 player mod I thought I'd share. I know some people wanted this including me. Bad news is you need to make a new game using it. I have tested it and it seems to work with little to no problems.. so far. You'll need followers to have more than 2 playing at the same time, otherwise the others will have to spectate. Everything can be done in the assign characters screen. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Instructions to install are included in the readme in the .rar. I'll publish to steam when it will let me...

http://www.blazemods.com/Mods/Divinity4PlayerModv105Pak.rar
Posted By: Bobylein Re: 4 Player Mod - 01/07/14 09:31 AM
Whooaaa epic! how did you get the levels to load in the editor with your mod?
Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 01/07/14 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by Bobylein
Whooaaa epic! how did you get the levels to load in your mod?

All I think you need is a folder with the levels name to be honest. However, what I did was I make the mod and choose the Main mod as a data and dependancy. I then got a list of all of the names of the levels (exact names). Then just create a new level and name it Cyseal for example and when the level loads up it's Cyseal. Then just click the save button and bam you can load it and use it with your mod. It threw some info errors but I don't think that really matters in the testing I've done I noticed nothing wrong and everything seems to work just fine.

To be clear you need to do that with all the levels, and make sure in the mods settings (Modding -> Module Setting) you'll want to set the Startup Level to Character Creation and the Menu Level to Menuscreen_Cyseal.
Posted By: Bobylein Re: 4 Player Mod - 01/07/14 09:44 AM
Ah I see, I always tried to create a new mod and set the dependency and data to main but it didn't show me the main levels to load, that was what confused me and I thought we would need to extract the levels out of the pak files.

Thanks for the mod, now I can try to find out how to make 4 player creation hahaha
Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 01/07/14 09:45 AM
Ah I see, I always tried to create a new mod and set the dependency and data to main but it didn't show me the main levels to load, that was what confused me and I thought we would need to extract the levels out of the pak files.

Thanks for the mod, now I can try to find out how to make 4 player creation hahaha

No problem. I kind of feel they should of just allowed the 4 players. It works fairly well with it, or should of included a 4 player mod of their own at the very least.
Posted By: Bobylein Re: 4 Player Mod - 01/07/14 09:57 AM
I believe they already said they will probably release a 4 players mod when it's a bit better polished.

Funny thing, I just tried to copy 2 new players and several triggers and such in the character creation level and if I want to save it:

You need developer rights to open the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mods\Main\Globals\Cyseal\Characters\players.lsb"

it already created the folder but couldn't unpack the players.lsb data it seems and then it fails to safe.

edit:

hahaha now I fucked up everything it seems, I added a new player and saved it, the editor crashed and now it won't recognize your mod anymore, even if I delete everything and add your mod out of the rar file.
The same ingame, I can't select your mod o.O
Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 01/07/14 10:16 AM
I believe they already said they will probably release a 4 players mod when it's a bit better polished.

Funny thing, I just tried to copy 2 new players and several triggers and such in the character creation level and if I want to save it:

You need developer rights to open the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mods\Main\Globals\Cyseal\Characters\players.lsb"

it already created the folder but couldn't unpack the players.lsb data it seems and then it fails to safe.

edit:

hahaha now I fucked up everything it seems, I added a new player and saved it, the editor crashed and now it won't recognize your mod anymore, even if I delete everything and add your mod out of the rar file.
The same ingame, I can't select your mod o.O

Not sure. Perhaps check your C:\Users\YourUser\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods and see if there's something there you can delete.
Posted By: Bobylein Re: 4 Player Mod - 01/07/14 10:21 AM
Well, it seems I somehow fucked up the main mod smirk I can't even start a game now or select it as dependency.

That's the reason I can't load your mod I think, as it depends on it.

edit: I did now a file verify and it still won't work smirk

I can select the main mod and activate it but nothing will happen.

and in C:\Users\YourUser\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods are only mods downloaded by the steam workshop I think, as the cowsimulator is in there.

editagain:
Got it fixed! you just need to remove the Main folder in the mods folder.
Posted By: Mace Re: 4 Player Mod - 01/07/14 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by BlazeDragoon
Hey guys I made a 4 player mod I thought I'd share. I know some people wanted this including me. Bad news is you need to make a new game using it. I have tested it and it seems to work with little to no problems.. so far. You'll need followers to have more than 2 playing at the same time, otherwise the others will have to spectate. Everything can be done in the assign characters screen. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Instructions to install are included in the readme in the .rar. I'll publish to steam when it will let me...

http://www.blazemods.com/Mods/Divinity4PlayerMod.rar

Is it possible to wipe or change stats/class on a character? That would make this mod even more useful!
Posted By: kraeh Re: 4 Player Mod - 01/07/14 09:01 PM
So we have been playing with yout mod and apart from some crashes everything worked. but now, after such a crash, nothing works anymore, noone can join me, it just says that dependcies between the mods aren't correct, that might be caused by deffect data. sorry if that doesn't make much sense, had to translate it from german into english.
we deactivated and activated the mod and the game, to no effect.
help me BlazeDragoon, you are my only hope.

imidiate edit, even before posting:
we kind of fixed it, I send my friends the mod-folder from my divinity-data-mod-folder and that fixed it.
Posted By: evaporate Re: 4 Player Mod - 02/07/14 02:52 AM
can't load save games that were made using this mod

it just hangs forever on the loading screen
Posted By: Noriym Re: 4 Player Mod - 02/07/14 02:58 AM
I'm a little confused....can I use this mod to make 4 characters for my party for solo play? Or does this mod simply allow 4 human players to play together?
Posted By: kraeh Re: 4 Player Mod - 02/07/14 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Noriym
I'm a little confused....can I use this mod to make 4 characters for my party for solo play? Or does this mod simply allow 4 human players to play together?

4 human players can play together, 2 using the main characters and the other 2 can play as companions or henchmen.

you can get a party of 4 characters in the game anyway, withput any mod.
Posted By: kraeh Re: 4 Player Mod - 02/07/14 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by evaporate

I keep having this problem, too.
You just have to kill the game (task-manager) and restart it. loading with this mod doesn't work properly, so whenever you want to actually load a save-file the other players should leave the game and join in once the game has loaded. that seems to work rather well.
Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 02/07/14 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by kraeh
Originally Posted by evaporate

I keep having this problem, too.
You just have to kill the game (task-manager) and restart it. loading with this mod doesn't work properly, so whenever you want to actually load a save-file the other players should leave the game and join in once the game has loaded. that seems to work rather well.

Hmm.. I haven't had this problem strange. Did you try it since the most recent patch? perhaps I'll give it a go.
Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 02/07/14 10:11 AM
Anyone having issues with the mod could you please try the following link and test it? Please note this is a .pak file not not loose files in your data folder. It goes in a different folder and you should probably removed the old stuff from the data folder.

http://www.blazemods.com/Mods/Divinity4PlayerModv103Pak.rar

I'd like to know two things.
1.)Can you load previous save games that used the older version of this mod?
2.)Does it solve any of the problems you had like not being able to load or is that issue still occuring? If it is maybe I can get some more information and figure out what the issue is.
Posted By: kraeh Re: 4 Player Mod - 02/07/14 12:05 PM
we tried your new version, but it didn't show up in the mod sction of the game. how exactly do I have to copy it in the folder? we tried some different places for the files in the mod, nothing worked.
Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 02/07/14 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by kraeh
we tried your new version, but it didn't show up in the mod sction of the game. how exactly do I have to copy it in the folder? we tried some different places for the files in the mod, nothing worked.

Um can you copy the directory your putting it in for me? It should be something like this C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods
Posted By: techn0logic Re: 4 Player Mod - 02/07/14 02:49 PM
THANK YOU Blaze!

Played this last night with my wife and two of my friends on teamspeak. We had an absolute blast. In testing, we did run into a few issues but were able to get it to work on the 1.0.21 build eventually. We tested Saving/Loading, reassigning characters, spectating mode and then just starting playing through the game for about 4 hours.

Issues:

- Make sure the host goes into Divinity's options screen and allows people to connect to their games after loading the mod. We couldn't see our friends game after he saved the first time until he enabled online games again within his options.

- Game froze when the 3rd player tried to join at the very start of the game. We had to wait until we actually had the companions from town in our party before 3rd and 4th players could join successfully.

- Game froze when a player tried to join our match without having the mod enabled. They had it downloaded, but forgot to enable it. I know this is common sense, but Larian needs to add some kind of check to prevent people from crashing your game in this way.

- Game froze when we first met Homestead Goblin, Zizacks(?). We had to reload once and then we were teleported to homestead without issue.

Everything else worked great, so far.

Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 02/07/14 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by techn0logic
THANK YOU Blaze!

Played this last night with my wife and two of my friends on teamspeak. We had an absolute blast. In testing, we did run into a few issues but were able to get it to work on the 1.0.21 build eventually. We tested Saving/Loading, reassigning characters, spectating mode and then just starting playing through the game for about 4 hours.

Issues:

- Make sure the host goes into Divinity's options screen and allows people to connect to their games after loading the mod. We couldn't see our friends game after he saved the first time until he enabled online games again within his options.

- Game froze when the 3rd player tried to join at the very start of the game. We had to wait until we actually had the companions from town in our party before 3rd and 4th players could join successfully.

- Game froze when a player tried to join our match without having the mod enabled. They had it downloaded, but forgot to enable it. I know this is common sense, but Larian needs to add some kind of check to prevent people from crashing your game in this way.

- Game froze when we first met Homestead Goblin, Zizacks(?). We had to reload once and then we were teleported to homestead without issue.

Glad you're enjoying it:]. On a side note though, when you say the game froze, is this for the host and the person already playing or for the 3rd/4th person? If they are just getting a black screen the host must assign them a main player and then take it back and they can then spectate. If you mean just the actual game freeze for host and stuff then I don't know :S.
Posted By: techn0logic Re: 4 Player Mod - 02/07/14 03:14 PM
Each freeze was a little different, as noted below...

Joining before companions added to party - IIRC it froze for ONLY the 3rd player trying to join. Player 1 and 2 were able to play normally the entire time. Perhaps reassigning will fix this as you noted.

Joining without mod enabled - This immediately froze the host and the 2nd player. Had to force close the client from task manager. This needs to be tested with other mods and reported to Larian.

Homestead Goblin - it just froze up during loading. It acted like it couldn't load the resources successfully. This may even be a problem with the main campaign as well and not your mod specifically.

Hopefully, I'll get to (test) it some more tonight. In actuality, I just want to play the hell out of it. 4 player is ridiculously fun. The only complaint I had from our players was the fact that the companions cannot initiate or advance a quest. The NPC's just say "I should talk to your master". But that's to be expected.
Posted By: Muz333 Re: 4 Player Mod - 02/07/14 05:48 PM
Now all we need is a a companion creation screen at the start of the game that spawns with the main characters. If they could also somehow be flagged to initiate of advance quests then it would be a perfect mod!
Posted By: Langeball Re: 4 Player Mod - 02/07/14 08:53 PM
This worked great for a while, minus the freeze on loading (which was easily solved by leaving the game and rejoining after loading complete).

But, now it doesn't work anymore. Says mod dependency error or something. Could it be the mod no longer works after Divinity has been updated?

edit: starting a new game doesn't even work. Seems the mod stopped working after the newest patch.
Posted By: evaporate Re: 4 Player Mod - 02/07/14 09:52 PM
Langeball, the mod still works for me and I updated.

Did you download the 2nd version that he posted further down the page?

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=505408#Post505408
Posted By: Gorgorn Re: 4 Player Mod - 02/07/14 10:12 PM
I have a problem joining to my friends. I try to join through steam and I have infinite screen : http://scr.hu/1cbw/cot09. Anyone know what to do?
Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 05:55 AM
It appears I need to make a new version of the mod, I've gotten past the error and fixed that but there seems to be an audio issue which is probably related to the new fixs for some of the audio stuff. When I get it working I'll post here. Got it new version posted. I'll edit the first post too.

Here's the new version. It should work fine just make sure you activate it and put it in the correct location.

http://www.blazemods.com/Mods/Divinity4PlayerModv105Pak.rar
Posted By: olje Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 07:32 AM
will the 2 players playing the henchmen be able to customize characters from scratch?
Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by olje
will the 2 players playing the henchmen be able to customize characters from scratch?

Not with the mod not currently. Sorry:(. They will get the characters as you get them normally and then from there they can customize them. I have a method for changing the characters stats (if you haven't recruited them yet), but I have not found a way to give points to spend. There's a mod thread where someone is looking into if you're interested. That's found here. http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=505972#Post505972 . If you were willign you could edit the stuff manually for what your other players want.
Posted By: Langeball Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 09:18 AM
The new version is unlike the older version in that the rar file contains an empty folder and a pak file. I put both in
C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mods
..but I can't find the new version on the mod list ingame.

edit: oh, there's a new install folder. derp
Posted By: LT. Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Langeball
The new version is unlike the older version in that the rar file contains an empty folder and a pak file. I put both in

I must be still derp because I don't get why there is an empty folder. The instructions are not clear.

Previously I had the mod in the Steam folder common\Divinity Original Sin\Mods\

Putting it in the documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods\4player\pak file etc doesn't work.
Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by LT.
Originally Posted by Langeball

I must be still derp because I don't get why there is an empty folder. The instructions are not clear.

Previously I had the mod in the Steam folder common\Divinity Original Sin\Mods\

Putting it in the documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods\4player\pak file etc doesn't work.

You do not put the pak file in the 4 player folder. You just put it in the Mods folder. documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods\ . Keep the empty folder in the Mods folder as well, you can try deleting it but I'm not promising the game won't freak out over it for some reason.
Posted By: kraeh Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 01:27 PM
THANK YOU Blaze!

Issues:

After I correctly installed the new version of the mod (in the documents folder, not in steam) it worked just fine with our old saves.
and I confirm the above problems, though none of them ruin gameplay. again, thx for the mod.
Posted By: techn0logic Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 01:56 PM
Thanks for your hard work Blaze! Love this mod.

I tested v1.0.3 last night with a few friends. Everything seemed to work with one huge exception:

One of my friends is running Windows 8.1, then rest of us are running Windows 7. The guy that is running 8.1 kept getting an error when trying to connect about mismatched game files. He was able to play with us using v1.0.2.

Most of us are in IT that are playing together and I troubleshoot for a living. We spent 3 hours debugging this without a resolution. The only thing I didn't try was to connect a Win 8.1 to another Win 8.1 with the mod installed. We confirmed that the file mismatch is not happening from his client files as we could connect on a normal, unmodded game. I tried changing the permissions of the 4 player folder and the .pak file as well. I'm guessing Windows 8.1 is the issue because we pretty much ruled out nearly everything else.

Any thoughts? Can someone else confirm a connection between a windows 7 to windows 8.1 modded game?
Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 02:46 PM
Thanks for your hard work Blaze! Love this mod.

I tested v1.0.3 last night with a few friends. Everything seemed to work with one huge exception:

One of my friends is running Windows 8.1, then rest of us are running Windows 7. The guy that is running 8.1 kept getting an error when trying to connect about mismatched game files. He was able to play with us using v1.0.2.

Most of us are in IT that are playing together and I troubleshoot for a living. We spent 3 hours debugging this without a resolution. The only thing I didn't try was to connect a Win 8.1 to another Win 8.1 with the mod installed. We confirmed that the file mismatch is not happening from his client files as we could connect on a normal, unmodded game. I tried changing the permissions of the 4 player folder and the .pak file as well. I'm guessing Windows 8.1 is the issue because we pretty much ruled out nearly everything else.

Any thoughts? Can someone else confirm a connection between a windows 7 to windows 8.1 modded game?

I'm not really sure don't have windows 8 and have never used it. Could you let me know which version of the mod he has and the game version that you had when trying this?(I assume his game is up to date?). The game update yesterday caused this and the newest file I put up fixs it, but if he's still having it I'm not really sure:(.

Edit:
You seem to be using an older version maybe you guys were playing so game didn't update but his did so he couldn't? Anyways this sounds like the error from the update try this? Tried to be a bit in depth in case.

1.) Get the newest version http://www.blazemods.com/Mods/Divinity4PlayerModv105Pak.rar this is 1.0.5.0.

2.)Make sure everyone has deleted the files from 1.0.2.0 or older (the loose files in steam Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\ folder .

3.)Delete the old files from 1.0.3.0 from the documents folder ( C:\Users\YourUser\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods ).

4.)Make sure you extract the new .pak files for 1.0.5.0 to the correct folder ( C:\Users\YourUser\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods ). The 4Player empty folder I don't think is needed but I included it in case.

After this start up the game and make sure to activate the mod and see if it works. If it doesn't then I'm not sure. However, I know 1.0.3.0 did not work for me after the small update they recently put out.
Posted By: Gorgorn Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 02:50 PM
Again I have endless Loading CharacterCreation and can't join at all...
Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Gorgorn
Again I have endless Loading CharacterCreation and can't join at all...

Strange can you confirm your game version is 1.0.47.0 ? What version of the mod are you using? I haven't ever had this issue:(. It doesn't really mess with character creation which is strange. I don't have a solution for this sorry.

Either way if you haven't already started a game with this mod you may want to consider taking a look at this guide and using this method to play with more than 2 players. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=280039791

Offtopic:
I'm messing with 4 player character creation, which sort of works but doesn't. I can get it to show 4 characters at character creation and those translate to the game, but you can't actually customize them:(. It is amusing to run around with them in character select though.
Posted By: techn0logic Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 03:06 PM
Blaze,

Yeah we are using the latest version of DoS, 1.0.47.0 I think and we were using mod v1.0.3 after disabling the previous v1.0.2. I'll continue to test and debug it some more tonight. I hate Windows 8, but maybe I get a 2nd machine running it to test with.

Gorgon,

The endless loading can happen if you try to join a friends game at "bad" times. If two people are already in the character creation lobby then you will not be able to join and spectate. Can you verify at what point in the game your friends were when you tried to join? I would suggest that the host starts a game, runs into town and immediately pick up the two henchman before you try to connect. Also make sure your friends are not both using the "Lonewolf" talent.

Are you using windows 7 or 8?
Posted By: Gorgorn Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 03:40 PM
If only 3 of us wants to play do we have to pick up both henchmans? I know location of only one. Im running 1.0.47 and 1.05 version of the mod and Windows 7. Im trying to join when they are in town not doing anything.
Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 03:46 PM
If only 3 of us wants to play do we have to pick up both henchmans? I know location of only one. Im running 1.0.47 and 1.05 version of the mod and Windows 7. Im trying to join when they are in town not doing anything.

3 should be able to play fine. You should only need 1 henchmen. If you are stuck at a black screen have the host assisgn you a character(Esc->Assign characters). Even if you don't have a follower and only the 2 main characters he can assign you a main character and take it back, and that fixs the black screen error. If you have an infinite loading error still I can't help you there:(
Posted By: Gorgorn Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 04:12 PM
No black screens, just Loading CharacterCreation all the time. I also checked some random games, can't join to any game with that mod.
Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 04:15 PM
No black screens, just Loading CharacterCreation all the time. I also checked some random games, can't join to any game with that mod.

It's not loading character creation when you're trying to join your friends that were in town was it?
Posted By: Gorgorn Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 04:18 PM
No, when they were in town it was loading Cyseal. Thing is, when loading bar reaches end its stuck, hints are still appearing but nothing is loading.
Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 05:08 PM
No, when they were in town it was loading Cyseal. Thing is, when loading bar reaches end its stuck, hints are still appearing but nothing is loading.

What's the longest you've tried waiting? If you've waited a good while I really don't know. Out of ideas at this point sorry man:/.
Posted By: Chaotica Re: 4 Player Mod - 03/07/14 05:30 PM
Even if I won't use it, that is a really good job !! well done
Posted By: Gorgorn Re: 4 Player Mod - 04/07/14 02:00 PM
I reinstalled my Windows and everything is ok, but me and my friends found weird bug. Sometimes in combat NPC walks out of the screen and camera follows him until he is gone from the map and we can only see black screen. There is no rule, it is happening randomly and only with that mod.
Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 04/07/14 02:18 PM
I reinstalled my Windows and everything is ok, but me and my friends found weird bug. Sometimes in combat NPC walks out of the screen and camera follows him until he is gone from the map and we can only see black screen. There is no rule, it is happening randomly and only with that mod.

You have some of the worst luck lol. I haven't encountered or heard of this one. I dunno what's causing it though, and I don't think it's something I can fix. The only thing this mod really modifies is the meta.lsx and to tell the game to be 4 players. If there's issues like these and it isn't some kind of dependency error, I don't think it's something I can do something about. Out of curiosity how often does it happen to you guys?
Posted By: Gorgorn Re: 4 Player Mod - 04/07/14 02:20 PM
1 of 3 fights, if we load save from before fight it will not bug again, like i said it's random.
Posted By: Magic Missile Re: 4 Player Mod - 04/07/14 02:24 PM
Would it be possible to play with only 1 character?
Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 04/07/14 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Magic Missile
Would it be possible to play with only 1 character?

What do you mean? Like remove the 2nd character from the game for a single player play through?
Posted By: Magic Missile Re: 4 Player Mod - 04/07/14 03:29 PM

What do you mean? Like remove the 2nd character from the game for a single player play through?

Yes.

Also, im looking for a way to display all obtainable skills in the chargen menu, not selectable ofc, just displayed along with default information on mouse-over. Would greatly help a person plan out their character.

I would try to do this myself but my editor is bugging out, something about a memory problem, yet i've run tests and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my ram..

Anyhow, editing the wiki to pass the time.
Posted By: Gorgorn Re: 4 Player Mod - 04/07/14 05:12 PM
Btw are henchmans weaker than normal chars? I mean do they level up slower or get less points for leveling when playing with them?
Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 04/07/14 06:34 PM
Btw are henchmans weaker than normal chars? I mean do they level up slower or get less points for leveling when playing with them?

I dunno about henchmen but madora and jahan don't seem to be.

UM, magic I dunno about showing all the skills, but making a single char is probably possible, and MAYBE even easy. Would certainly make the game more challenging:P.
Posted By: Magic Missile Re: 4 Player Mod - 04/07/14 09:32 PM
I edited your mod with the intention to play the game solo(with one character);

- I can select and enable it, but it either doesn't apply the changes or it doesn't work(still two chars on chargen), Does it need to be a .pak file? since i had to extract to edit and was unable to re-package.

- It only seemed neccesary to edit the meta.lsx file as i didn't see any other relevant values in the .lsb files, did i make a mistake here?

I just wanna play solo frown
Posted By: BlazeDragoon Re: 4 Player Mod - 04/07/14 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Magic Missile
I edited your mod with the intention to play the game solo(with one character);

- I can select and enable it, but it either doesn't apply the changes or it doesn't work(still two chars on chargen), Does it need to be a .pak file? since i had to extract to edit and was unable to re-package.

- It only seemed neccesary to edit the meta.lsx file as i didn't see any other relevant values in the .lsb files, did i make a mistake here?

I just wanna play solo frown

Just editing the player counter won't get rid of the characters, you'd have to at least edit the character creation and remove the 2nd character. On that note I don't know how the game would like only having 1 hero character when interactions between the two characters are supposed to occur. It might cause some issues/crashs. You would likely need to extract the files from the main.pak using the extractor tool and putting them in place to allow you to edit the files as well, otherwise it won't save.

Honestly, this might be more trouble than it's worth:P, the game would be A LOT harder with just 1 character as compared to the 2 with possible followers. Though I guess there's lonewolf and other modifications you could make. If you really want to do it though, make a new mod with main as data and dependencies and make sure you get all the levels there. Someone had made a guide for doing this if the levels are not there. After you haev the levels there close the editor, extract the main.pak files with the extractor, and then place those files in the Mods/Main folder or in your mod folder perhaps. Which ever one allows you to edit the files. Then try deleting one of the characters at character creation. Whatever happens with the characters at character creation seems to pull over to cyseal and such. I've had 4 starting characters from char creation->cyseal. Just no luck with being able to modify them:/.
Posted By: Magic Missile Re: 4 Player Mod - 04/07/14 10:35 PM
snip

By 'get all the levels there' you mean make a folder for each of the levels, matching the folder names to the Load Level names?
Or
Open each of the levels once and save?

Also, Do i only need to extract main.pak, not 1 and 2 also?
Posted By: Magic Missile Re: 4 Player Mod - 04/07/14 11:13 PM
made a thread for my own modding attempts so i won't clutter this one
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=508794&
Posted By: Crisis Re: 4 Player Mod - 04/07/14 11:58 PM
This deserves more publicity, seems like it'll be a revolution for the game, perhaps the developers can take the idea on board and up the player count to four rather than the standard co-op idea.
Posted By: olje Re: 4 Player Mod - 05/07/14 10:09 AM
totally agree on the importance of this.
after all, an old school rpg experience need at least 3-4 players to be fully enjoyed.

We`re just waiting for a good and stable 4 player mod that will let you create 4 characters in the char creation menu and let them all start from the beginning. That the last two players wont have the dialogue option is not a problem.
Posted By: Magic Missile Re: 4 Player Mod - 05/07/14 04:35 PM
Just editing the player counter won't get rid of the characters, you'd have to at least edit the character creation and remove the 2nd character. On that note I don't know how the game would like only having 1 hero character when interactions between the two characters are supposed to occur. It might cause some issues/crashs. You would likely need to extract the files from the main.pak using the extractor tool and putting them in place to allow you to edit the files as well, otherwise it won't save.

Honestly, this might be more trouble than it's worth:P, the game would be A LOT harder with just 1 character as compared to the 2 with possible followers. Though I guess there's lonewolf and other modifications you could make. If you really want to do it though, make a new mod with main as data and dependencies and make sure you get all the levels there. Someone had made a guide for doing this if the levels are not there. After you haev the levels there close the editor, extract the main.pak files with the extractor, and then place those files in the Mods/Main folder or in your mod folder perhaps. Which ever one allows you to edit the files. Then try deleting one of the characters at character creation. Whatever happens with the characters at character creation seems to pull over to cyseal and such. I've had 4 starting characters from char creation->cyseal. Just no luck with being able to modify them:/.

I have done this;
Create new mod with main dependancy
extract .pak to my mod folder
was unable to edit the chargen level because needed developer rights, instead with lstools i edtied players.lsb at Globals\Cyseal\Characters and removed Player2 Gameobjects tab.
Upon attempting new singleplayer game i get booted back to main menu.

In the chargen level, is there a way to remove the second player thingie without needing to save to player.lsb(protected file) ?
© Larian Studios forums