Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
thank you all for your feedbacks.so after reading all your posts I got the impression that-the bottom line is-ego draconis is NOT as good as divine divinity at the time it came out whether gamespot's* review was fair or not.it may not be that buggy,and its animations might not be that bad either,and I can certainly live with all that;but raven's opinion of how weak ego draconis' story is (compared to the first divine divinity at least)IS pretty alarming.oh well,again,thank you all for your time.i just hope that my next ~9 years wait will be worth it this time...

*and yes i'm having second thoughts about the fairness of gamespot's reviews towards european games after reading all your posts.thanks again

Last edited by grandia01; 12/01/10 12:36 PM.
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
hmm vengeance huh ?
animations are bad indeed but TBH they are not so bd. look on retardet combat animations in DAO when u play woman expecially as range character. Your Beautyfull elvish magi looks like she got hard anal sex right before fight :P i dont say DAO got bad animations but that one sux badly .

old hand
old hand
Not to mention Dragon Age's "facial" and "love making" animations... lol.

addict
addict
Not the mention that in D2 enemies run really comic,combat animations are funny and Al is stupid.
just look this video
You see how animations are bad(hell even people in comments see that)
even drqagon form looks unrealistic and bad

Last edited by Raven.rpg; 12/01/10 11:19 PM.

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
old hand
old hand
Dragon form looks "unrealistic"? Are you kidding? It looks exactly like a dragon in real life!

addict
addict
I didn"t know that dragon can spit fire with closed jaw

stranger
stranger
My biggest issue...besides the many many many bugs is that the same characters are used over and over and over again in different areas. Don't get me wrong... I am highly addicted to this game but I wish they would have spent more time creating different characters instead of recycling the same ones!

G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
in the end,i saw more negative opinions here than positive ones,i think i'll pass on ego draconis;sorry larian.but you KNOW this is not the best you can do.have a good day everyone... sad

Last edited by grandia01; 13/01/10 07:50 AM.
Support
Support

I didn"t know that dragon can spit fire with closed jaw

Is the fire physical (with methane bladders, etc) or magical? Even if it is physical (presumably it would have to be an extremely potent fuel source, if you never have to consume any raw materials), why would the jaw have to be open to use it? Classically dragons may 'breath' fire, but that is not necessarily the only way to go, especially in a world where humans can cast fire spells (or is fire coming out of a wizard's hand unrealistic, as well?).

grandia01;
Form your own opinion. The people enjoying the game have better things to do than come here and post. Complaining, however, is a different story.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by grandia01
in the end,i saw more negative opinions here than positive ones,i think i'll pass on ego draconis;sorry larian.but you KNOW this is not the best you can do.have a good day everyone... sad

i don't think you should be relying too much on other's people opinions before getting it. If i were you, i would either play the demo or rent it then decide from their if it's good to buy. It's a fun and enjoyable game if you can get over the ending (i haven't yet...) and some of the minor flaws.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Oh man, this thread has become a rant... Good thing exaggerating things and scaring people that would've enjoyed this game away.

Originally Posted by Raze

grandia01;
Form your own opinion. The people enjoying the game have better things to do than come here and post. Complaining, however, is a different story.

Yeah, and this... Polls 'n stuff are always inaccurate cos people are always more inclined to whine than to take effort and say something is good.

veteran
veteran
Despite I was very disappointed of the ending, the most of all other things gamers aren't satisfied with as I can reading on this topic and others (graphics, animations, dragonform, etc ) are for me not a problem:
I find the animations okay (it is just so funny to see how Goblins walk and dying), the graphics too. And me too have a wish something can be better next time (more different NPC's, more different areas and sure more different enemies (races, like in DD))... but the quests, skills, finding loot and hidden areas, mindreading, etc ... is fun!!

I give also ideas for another kind of ending and I hope Larian do something with this stuff grin ... so next time I hope that less gamers are disappointed!!

So I play Divinity II again, but I try to play it on a different way.

I wish to give this game a second chance!! wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
raze : there are bugs who actually atack enemny by fire i know theyr name but in polish only
they dont need consume raw materials they produce 2 liquids when they mix that 2 liquids they start to burn is same like poison for snakes etc .
so dragon should make this in same way .
anyway dragon animations are good imho only stupid thing in dragon mdoe is homing fireballs and lack of enemys that are not other dragons or balistas

stranger
stranger
Plus they should be independed and objective reviewers.

Now most sites and magazines just review top AAA games high so they assured of many fans for there site maybe they even get payed to rate there game high and competition low.

Last few years reviewers are more and more biased and review popular games with high ratings, even tho they maybe have played it for 30min.

Problem with this is that the MASS believe them and small developers have a hard time proof themselfs there game can compete with big boys.

This reviewer also proof he is very stupid try compare it with dragon age there 2 completely different rpg styles.

Dragon age is a npc team based story telling rpg with no real depthness if it come to gameplay build character.

While D2 is a far more deeper rpg with a more complex rpg character building game, and not to mention exploring that DAO totally lacks.

Its just bad timing release D2 at same time with DAO.

DAO is even very simple nightmare difficulty is not difficult at all and after play second time you just hit esc constantly becouse its boring and annoying hearing contsantly same story from npc,s again.

Give me D2:ED rating8/10(becouse of lack patch for europe english version and bugs or rating would go up to 9) any time over DAO rating 7.5/10.

Last edited by Evasion; 13/01/10 10:09 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
just wanted to say, whomever is the guy who said "well maybe its magic fire so the dragon doesn't have to open his mouth to breath it," is on crack.

the dragon should open its mouth when it breaths fire.

if it doesn't, that's because the animation sucks.

call it like it is, the game has some good features but trying to say that the dragon not breathing fire correctly is anything other than poor animations, is pure fanboi'ism and outside the realm of reality.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Evasion

Dragon age is a npc team based story telling rpg with no real depthness if it come to gameplay build character.

While D2 is a far more deeper rpg with a more complex rpg character building game, and not to mention exploring that DAO totally lacks.

DAO is even very simple nightmare difficulty is not difficult at all and after play second time you just hit esc constantly becouse its boring and annoying hearing contsantly same story from npc,s again.

-You are wrong,but i guess you didn"t play other BioWare games
-Oh!So D2 is more complex and exploration in DA:O is lacking hehe.Of course you don"t understand that DA:O is not sandbox.DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT IS SANDBOX
-and here I find out that you didn"t play game,or that you buy game without reading about it(I guess those trailers cheat you)

stranger
stranger
The review was unfair and dead wrong. The reviwer's experience with RPG's must be limited to WOW or similar MMORPG crap. I have played a number of RPG's since the early 1990's and this is among the tops for enjoyment. I love European RPG's - the Sacred series, Gothic series etc. Maybe they are too demanding on the average teenager.

The developers of Ego Draconis have managed to make leveling fun without a lot of the micromanagement that seems to plague similar games. This is pure enjoyment.

I don't know where the reviewer got the impression that the plot was poor or nonexistent. I suppose if you can't be bothered to read any of the books you collect or actually follow the conversations, then the plot is lost on you.

I've played Divine Divinity, and although I have Beyond Divinity, I've yet to play it. I'll have to go back after this and fill in some of the story.

Thanks Larian! You did well!

Support
Support

Nastilon;
I didn't say anything about the animations (haven't got far enough to see them yet), just that it isn't essential for a jaw to be open to produce fire. It may look better, it may match people's expectations (especially when 'breath' is used in connection to the dragon's fire in the game), but if you want to argue 'realism', it isn't necessary for the jaw to be open.

JerseySeven;
Though there is a brief summary of the story between DD and BD in the D2:ED manual, and much is revealed throughout BD, there is also a BD novella (included in the fansite kit (17.7MB) with a summary here) which would fill out the story in a little more detail.

Welcome to the forum. wave

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
raze yup he can breath fire from nose :P

Last edited by marcusdavidus; 14/01/10 07:10 AM.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by marcusdavidus
raze yup he can breath fire from nose :P

and he can shot lasers from his eyes too
c"mon
you know that dragon need to open his jaw to breathe fire
It is why main skill is called fireBREATH

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard