Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by ExaltedReign
Don't be an arse. Hes wondering about the 360. And not everyone has a good enough PC to handle games.

Oh, sorry, I missed the 360 part. BTW, it runs nice on my Sony all-in-one PC, which isn't the best for sure.

stranger
stranger
I found it as downloadable software on Amazon.com for 39.95. I, too, prefer to have a hard copy, but I cannot find that.

old hand
old hand
You can burn a copy from the Larian vault. It is worth using and activation can be done by phone. Their FAQ's explain how you can always obtain a copy regardless of getting new computers or future removals of the game.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
stranger
stranger
I just used Steam. $40 on their. They give you 3 exclusive armor sets to. A l'il over powered in the beginning of the game though.

veteran
veteran
You might want to read the following forum thread at NeoGaf, interesting imo.

Divinity 2 creators on how western gaming press ignores mid-budget titles

For those who don't know what is Divinity 2, read Evilore's OT. It's a pretty good RPG which was rereleased not so long ago. And it's much better game than than the half of shit that flops in US and UK stores every month but gets media attention anyway.

It's sort of expected but sad to hear anyway.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Divine Avenger
As far as I'm concerned any publisher stupid enough to choose 2 worlds 2 over Divinity needs to be made bankrupt & shot.

2 worlds was the worst game ever made what a pointless pile of C*** such a waste of money & time
why thay bothered to make a 2nd game is beyond me badsmile

The new one is a Massive improvement over the first...
Anyway thats another subject.

I do hope Larian get a Publisher for the US.
So US Players can get a play of the game, which I have not played yet :p

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Honestly the only part where the US can't get it is if they want to get the 360 version. The US has Steam, Direct2Drive, and Impulse which are all available to US residents to buy the game. The only other problem is that without it getting released specifically in the US with a publisher, we won't see many US reviews either, leading the US player base to never see it, and they need to. The crap that gets released here...IS SO BAD...and then we hit the one game that deserves to get released in the US...and it doesn't ever make it because of something so stupid as a publisher. The Gaming Market has truly shifted from an industry to create fun, to an industry to create money as fast as possible. They don't know how D2 will sell, because the company is unknown in the US, so they refuse to publish it in the scare of losing money.

F
stranger
stranger
F
how about all fans of DKS goto US sites and make this company and game known. they certainly deserve it as DKS was just awsome! from begining to end i was hooked and i still am i need my fix need more dlc's and DIvinity III!..lol

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Pretty much everybody can buy NA PC version - it is on eBay from gogamers. And it is cheap too, like $35.99 or something + $4 shipping. I hope soon there will be NA NTSC XBox 360 version as well.

Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Well, now I know to avoid two worlds 2.

An rpg that has a lot of hype in the US was fallout new vegas, but playing through it I can seriously say they released what was effectively an alpha test version as a final version. So many fatal errors it was ridiculous.

SO, when is D2:DNS going to make it to ANY north american country?

its been said that its been released in Canada, yet the only thing I (and most anyone) else can find is the same digital distribution stuff available through the larian site. More than 2 weeks after the official release date (nov 5) and not even the slightest hint that any Canadian retailer is even preparing to stock the 360 (or pc retail) version of the game.

Last edited by Dae; 21/11/10 06:30 AM.
stranger
stranger
The UK PC disc of DKS is on ebay right for around $40.00, as a previous poster mentioned. I bought it, since it does not matter if its the USA version or not, I like to have the actual PC disc on hand. Hopefully, the next thing I will be buying will be the NTSC X Box 360 version of DKS. ***fingers crossed***

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Here is a listing link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110613615042&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

As you see it is "Buy It Now" listing, not an auction. S35.90 + S4

Last edited by vivaxardas; 21/11/10 05:12 AM.
Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
More than likely the ones on eBay by gogamer are European versions they imported for sale...especially considering that gogamer is a US company, so they would probably not be included in a retail sales agreement when Larian still does not have a US publisher (to the best of my knowledge).

Where are the retail releases that are part of a formal agreement; The big name guys like bestbuy.ca, future shop, EB games? Most importantly, wheres the North American Xbox 360 version?

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
They said in some other thread that they found a publisher in Canada. PC version is on amazon.ca but it will be shipped in 5-7 weeks. I believe the Xbox 360 version for Canada (the same NA NTSC) will be available in seweral weeks as well. While in USA DKS may never be published this game, we still will be able to buy it from canadian distributers or US importers.

Last edited by vivaxardas; 21/11/10 07:03 AM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
canadian games will play on US systems then?

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Yes, it is the same NA NTSC region.

old hand
old hand
I contacted the distributors and they told us that the game should be available in Canada in:

Walmart Canada
Future Shop
EB Games
Gamestop
Bureau en Gros
Independent shops

L
stranger
stranger
L
on the fence here... do I just suck it up and buy ego draconis for the xbox 360 or wait for DKS to make it to the states...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by lithographer
on the fence here... do I just suck it up and buy ego draconis for the xbox 360 or wait for DKS to make it to the states...

Get the Canadian version, if you can.

addict
addict
Canadian version? Woooweee!

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard