This feature was not so much disabled as never implemented. Perhaps a future patch will add it.
The Print Screen button works, but does not automatically save the file. This is fine if you only want one screenshot at a time. There are various programs available;
- 353KB download, single file, no install, open source
Saves as PNG, and has a very flexible and configurable naming scheme; you can specify a base name combined with a counter and/or (all or part of) the date and/or time, in a format you specify.
On my system, there is a 2 second freeze in the game when saving screenshots, but that is not necessarily a bad thing; at least you know you got the shot. I ran the program through UPX
to drop the files size from 688KB to 294KB.
This program thinks spreadsheet cells copied to the clipboard are graphics, and saves them as well.
- 100KB download, no install required, freeware
Good performance, with only a half second hesitation in BD. However;
- the counter re-sets whenever the program is re-started, so you would have to move the screenshots each session if you did not want them to be overwritten
- it stores its options in the win.ini file. It is only 8 lines, but it is not a good thing to do.
- 1.7MB download for install, 1.8MB for optional add-ons, donationware
very good performance. fairly powerful, though complex, program.
Available in Danish, German, English, French, Dutch, ...