Next Thread
Print Thread
#355535 25/08/08 11:12 AM
j4ck Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello, I'm new here^^

First of all, this is not a Topic where I want to know what System Requirements Divinity 2 will have. grin It's just that I'm going to buy a new Computer and I want to know if I will be able to play the game with it^^

Sooo, do you think I will be able to play the game with a Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 and a ATI Radeon HD4870 on High Details?Ok, medium details are enough too, I just want it to run without lags^^ Since the Game looks really cool I'm a litte worried if my system will be enough.

Note: Sry for the bad english, but I'm german woehoe

Support
Support

Well, Larian has said they are targeting to have it run on Geforce 7800 video cards. They have not mentioned CPU, but 3.16GHz should be more than fast enough. I would guess you should not have any problems running it on mid to high detail.

Welcome to the forum. wave

journeyman
journeyman
Make sure you have at least 2 GB of RAM, or even 4 GB. With Vista, you might want the higher amount, although be careful of the 3GB limit with 32-bit operating systems (I recommend Vista x64, but that's because I've used it for over 15 months and it runs everything perfectly). How much RAM are you putting in that new system?

old hand
old hand
Since the game is made for 360 too, it's actually behaving pretty well in the memory department but of course the more memory you have, the better.

j4ck Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi,
well, I guess I shouldn't have any Problems regarding RAM then. Since I will buy 4GB(2 x 2GB). Oh, and the OS would be Vista 64x.

Thank you for the answers, now I'm relieved. I guess this Topic can be closed^^

addict
addict
So I'm guessing a 8600 GT card will need to be junked or something.

Support
Support

According to at least a couple benchmark comparisons on tomshardware.com, the 8600 GT is fairly comparable to the 7800 GT. On newer games the 8600 GT performs better than the 7800 GT (in the Oblivion benchmarks it is 45-65% better with filtering disabled, and 23% better with trilinear filtering). Depending on how well Larian optimizes the game, and how conservative or optimistic they were mentioning 7800 as a target, you should be ok to fine with that card.

journeyman
journeyman
Tomshardware does list the 8600GT as a full level below the 7800GT, though (check it here ), so you may need to watch how others describe their performance on similar machines before jumping in, unless you can afford a quick upgrade if you need it.

Last edited by Equisilus; 26/08/08 09:26 PM.
Support
Support

Lar didn't specify which 7800 he meant, though. I only used 7800 GT as a comparison because that was the only one listed in the benchmark charts, that I saw. The 7800 GS is listed alongside the 8600 GT in the hierarchy chart.

addict
addict
Ah well... we'll see what Lars or rather Larian says. I have a Asus en8600gt so who knows what'll happen with it.

Uhm benchmark charts, where? :P Sorry... having a brain freeze moment here. smile

Last edited by Raito; 27/08/08 02:56 AM.
Support
Support

On Tom's Hardware site, click on the 'charts' button in the navigation bar along the top of the page, then the 'Desktop VGA Charts' link to get here. After that you can select which benchmark to display, and add graphics cards that are not in the list by default.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard