Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The new Divinity 2: Ego Draconis website has now opened its gates for Dragon Slayers and other Dragon enthusiasts, and offers regularly updated information straight from the developers and special content from the game.

You can expect a lot of information, including game features, artworks, screenshots, videos, downloadable goodies, audio podcasts directly from the developers and much, much more. The first podcast stars Larian’s Lead Game Designer Farhang Namdar who gives insights concerning the development of the Battle Tower.

And to all the Divinity-Fans who want to know more about the game, we recommend the website's members area, which brings you even more pictures and exclusive extras. So sign up and be surprised!

Join, honoured Dragon Slayer: Rivellon is waiting for you!

journeyman
journeyman
The music started playing automatically wink

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
This time: yes wink but it sounds much much better than before, don't you think so? smile
You can switch it off at the top right if you really want.

old hand
old hand
This is what you were working on ay?
I can see more info coming now smile
Can't wait lynn you've spoiled us.
Are those new screens I can see smile
Thanks for some new info on the site
You guys and gals are great!

Last edited by DivineGamer; 25/03/09 05:23 PM.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by lynn
This time: yes wink but it sounds much much better than before, don't you think so? smile
You can switch it off at the top right if you really want.

I saw. Sounds ok, but I never heard the sound on the 'old' website, because I only discovered it when it was mentioned in another thread couple of days ago.
btw; typo in the members section: there's a tab called 'Profil' (yes, I am naturally someone who always sees those kind of things. Genetically burdened, but that sounds better in Dutch). And are the unlocked screens viewable in the screenshots section (and not in the members section)?

Last edited by Foetsy; 25/03/09 05:32 PM.
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Have you checked out the GAME page already? wink

journeyman
journeyman
Have you checked out the GAME page already? wink

looking at it right now. The first line is a bit of a giveaway, isn't it? (edit; the story tab is even worse)
And is the preference for music stored somehow (with cookies or something)?
edit; awesome creature tab
edit2; last thing, I promise. Nice story tab, but it is written in a bit difficult English. 2nd chapter, 2nd line: 'Sent to seduce Damian by her father' sounds weird. Should be 'Sent by her father to...' perhaps wink? 3rd chapter, last line: 'altaraxis'?

Last edited by Foetsy; 25/03/09 05:55 PM.
veteran
veteran
Nice!!.

Love the site. It also looks like we are going to see the westside of Rivellon :p. Always wondered what was behind that convenient wall of mountans :p

nitpick mode: Where is the meeting hall of the council of 6 races and assortment of mages (that was west of Aleroth). devil

Last edited by Morbo; 25/03/09 06:20 PM.

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
stranger
stranger
I was going to ask if the music is Kirill's creation, but after about 3 minutes it became obvious that it is. I'm very pleasantly surprised, because judging from this sample, the music will be as good as it was in Divine Divinity. I loved Kirill's Divine Divinity work, but his other stuff not so much.

And yeah, I'm sure the game will be OK too, whatever. :P

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
New site looks fantastic

That is some really nice new screen shots! - Love the creature site.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Morbo
nitpick mode: Where is the meeting hall of the council of 6 races and assortment of mages (that was west of Aleroth). devil

'Where once there were mountains there are now flat scorched plains and picturesque farmlands have been pushed up and turned into jagged cliffs.'

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Ahhh...
Very nice pictures You got there.
Music is...well...it's a true divine soundtrack with that unique divine style like the previous ones.
Really good job.

apprentice
apprentice
Aww.. ^^ Beautiful site! horsey I do not have enough words that could describe the magnificence of it.. cool2
Music peerless, as always! Special thanks to Kirill Vladimirovich Pokrovskii! evil

"Each Event is preceeded by Prophesy. But without the hero, there is no Event."
Support
Support

The main page does not load properly in Opera (v10), but you can click on one of the news links, and then get around the site from there. [EDIT: works fine with the latest version of Flash Player 9]

I have not gone through the site much, but you should list the music files in the download section, so people don't have to check through their browser cache to save the mp3 files. Track 1 sounds much better at two and a half minutes than a 15 (or so) second loop. up

Last edited by Raze; 26/03/09 08:22 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
aargh cheer the new webiste is super PRETTY! And thanks a lot for the new screenshots and info, the dungeon shots made me a happy gamer, those are atmospheric!!!! groovy (but why the forum registration is not the same than the site? )

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Arkray
(but why the forum registration is not the same than the site? )

That's a legal thing...

And: Thx for all your nice feedback! smile

dtp's Content & Community Manager
Wooohoow looks like a great site to me. Can't wait for the other creatures to come online.

*EDIT: I found a minor spelling mistake on the member's page. "Your Profile" is written there as "Your Profil", has someone forgotten an "e"? :P Minor details are important opa grin

Last edited by Khamul; 26/03/09 09:54 AM.

E pensando di lei
Mi sopragiunse uno soave sonno
Ego dominus tuus
Vide cor tuum
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Many thanks to all for the positive reactions, it's heartwarming for all of us.

If you see glitches, please report it here. We'll collect them and fix them ASAP.

@Lord Arkey: cool avatar! up

addict
addict
I like the new site even more. The old version was cool but the new site is very pretty. Mmm... thus proving my point that you don't need dark and gloomy colours to be serious! ;D

Though, this part: "The Dragon Elves are a cross-breed, an artificially engineered race that combines the Dragons strength and cunning with the Elf’s almost feline spryness."

Erm, is it American or British English you're using? If American English, that's okay but if British English, erm...

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

The main page does not load properly in Opera (v10), but you can click on one of the news links, and then get around the site from there.

Hi Raze,

I am working with Opera 9.51 and the website shows fine.
Could you please explain what exactly goes wrong?

Many thanks,
Lynn

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Khamul

*EDIT: I found a minor spelling mistake on the member's page. "Your Profile" is written there as "Your Profil", has someone forgotten an "e"? :P Minor details are important opa grin

Took note of this and reporting to the designers wink
If you see more glitches, please let us know.

Thank you,
Lynn

T
stranger
stranger
T
Well, Opera 10 is currently in "alpha" state. I'd recommend using a stable release smile

cheers,
alex

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Raito
Though, this part: "The Dragon Elves are a cross-breed, an artificially engineered race that combines the Dragons strength and cunning with the Elf’s almost feline spryness."

Erm, is it American or British English you're using? If American English, that's okay but if British English, erm...

We use British English; what's wrong with the sentence?

Ach, it should read like this:

The Dragon Elves are a cross-breed, an artificially engineered race that combines the Dragon’s strength and cunning with the Elf’s almost feline spryness. Designed to be the immovable guard of Sentinel Island - the Dragon Isle - these creatures…

The text was ok in our Word doc, something must have gone wrong...
Thank you for reporting!

Last edited by lynn; 26/03/09 12:12 PM.
addict
addict
Aww, it's okay. smile

"But all the while the true enemy – the Black Ring – still festers beneath the surface, ready for its next move, poised to strike. For their leader Damian tirelessly plots silent schemes with utterly malign intent."

should be "ready for its' move". That's under the "History" section, I think?

Features section:

Ego Draconis gives you a wide range of moral choices when deciding on how to act on quest objectives.

"when deciding how to act on" would be good or even this: "when acting on quest objectives".

Last edited by Raito; 26/03/09 02:04 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
*raises hand* A question, in the site, at left side, there are images of the game boxes, xbox and PC.. the PC one does not look like a 'typical' DVD box, it looks thicker and cooler, am I right? Or... is that a collectors box????????

veteran
veteran
runs like a gem on matest Webkit engine, which is the standard nowadays. It suprises me that Presto 2.2 breaks it (Opera 10 engine).

The text was ok in our Word doc, something must have gone wrong...
Thank you for reporting!

Word's spellcheck isn't flawless. For best results I recommend the 'Aspell' library. http://aspell.net/win32/

As a sidenote, forget about Microsoft Word. The cost and few extra features isn't worth choosing it over its free counterparts. (Who use the free (GNU) Aspell library).

I myself use Aspell embedded in Mint (Ubuntu distro), (I am now booted on WinXP tho..., but when developing websites -> linux)

About the site, I am running on 1280x1024 and the navigation and content of the site is below the horizontal center of my screen. Which isn't optimal, it makes the content of the site look less important than the header graphic.

Last edited by Draghermosran; 26/03/09 08:03 PM.

It's one of these days...
Support
Support

Lynn;
Never mind. I thought I had the latest version of Flash Player 9, but apparently didn't re-install it after doing some un-installing and re-installing of Opera awhile ago (there was no 'update Flash' message in Opera 10 for the homepage, though). I re-installed Flash, and the front page loads fine now.

Trumpfass;
Opera 10 has been very stable for me, with only a couple minor problems. Overall I think I've run into fewer site compatibility issues than with v9.
Somewhere between 9.1 and 9.6 Opera changed the behavior of opening a link from a tab that was zoomed (in 9.1 the new tab would keep the zoom level, in 9.6 it always used the default), which was very annoying on a couple sites I regularly visit. Opera 10 keeps the original tab's zoom level if the link is opened with a right click (which is acceptable), and uses the default for a shift-click.

Welcome to the forum. wave

addict
addict
Aww, it's okay. smile

"But all the while the true enemy – the Black Ring – still festers beneath the surface, ready for its next move, poised to strike. For their leader Damian tirelessly plots silent schemes with utterly malign intent."

should be "ready for its' move".

Nope. The possessive "its" never has an apostrophe. It's written correctly the way it is.

BTW, how was "Dragons strength" ok in American english? You need the apostrophe there no matter which continent you're on. grin

addict
addict
Originally Posted by flixerflax
Aww, it's okay. smile

should be "ready for its' move".

Nope. The possessive "its" never has an apostrophe. It's written correctly the way it is.

Really? Damn... my english has gone off the hill now.

BTW, how was "Dragons strength" ok in American english? You need the apostrophe there no matter which continent you're on. grin

Ah, I was just guessing since I'm clueless about American English. Plus I remember reading some American novels with spelling like that, so I simply accepted that as the standard(bad move, I know!). :P

A
veteran
veteran
A
I had yesterday a few problems with the menu not properly reappearing with firefox 2.x , dunno which flash player version ...
I had this after the switch to the German-language version of the web site ... Also, sometimes I couldn't click on / activate the menu after visiting some German-language sub-sites there.
Plus, the interactive map wasn't accessible.

I didn't have these problems with Opera, though (latest non-10-version).

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
journeyman
journeyman
Awesome screens, good job for the cool graphic...;..but can we have the first Kirill' s track that you showed at cvg last year in the first video?

Thx

stranger
stranger
I found another error, in the features section, first bullet point.
"Following the linage of these two much-acclaimed RPGs...'
I'm pretty sure it should be "lineage", not "linage".

stranger
stranger
The new site looks really great. Big congratulations to all members of Larian Studios. Really well done. I can't wait to play it.

Joris

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."
~ Buddha
addict
addict
Btw, is this supposed to happen? The text is overlapping, I think and I just can't remember why:

[Linked Image]

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Ups... no, that's not the intention.
Over here it looks different, more beautiful wink

Please click me - screenshot of the same page

Which browser and version are you using?
What screen resolution?

T
stranger
stranger
T
hmm...looks like you are zooming the text through the "zoom text" option of your browser. i'm sorry to say that, but this will cause grapical "errors" on many graphically intense sites like the divinity 2 site is. please just set your zoom to "normal" or switch off the "only zoom text" setting and everything will look fine.

Last edited by Trumpfass; 27/03/09 11:45 AM.
A
veteran
veteran
A
When I click on the German-language "creatures" button, the following page doesn't seem to work at all !

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
That page works perfectly...
Please always mention your browser, browser version and screen resolution.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Same as above: Firefox 2.0016 , 1152x8?? Flash: Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12 according to about:plugins

Edit: Path:
Language -> German,
Game
Kreaturen

Last edited by AlrikFassbauer; 27/03/09 12:36 PM.

--Dilbert cartoon

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Ok, thank you, I'll report this.

M
stranger
stranger
M
The new site is gorgeous! And to also give you some gravy, I've got no problems at all viewing it (Firefox 3.0.7, 1280x800).

A generation [...] now stood under the open sky in a countryside in which nothing remained unchanged but the clouds, and beneath these clouds, in a field of force of destrutive torrents and explosions, was the tiny, fragile human body.(Walter Benjamin)
T
stranger
stranger
T
@alrik: the FF2 bug should be fixed now. please try again smile

A
veteran
veteran
A
GREAT ! THANK YOU ! smile

--Dilbert cartoon

addict
addict

Ups... no, that's not the intention.
Over here it looks different, more beautiful wink

Please click me - screenshot of the same page

Which browser and version are you using?
What screen resolution?

Hmmm... I think I recalled why. Being just a few steps away from turning legally blind, I set the font size to 22, minimum font size 18. Oh... right. It doesn't matter anyways as long as I can read it. smile

Originally Posted by Trumpfass
hmm...looks like you are zooming the text through the "zoom text" option of your browser. i'm sorry to say that, but this will cause grapical "errors" on many graphically intense sites like the divinity 2 site is. please just set your zoom to "normal" or switch off the "only zoom text" setting and everything will look fine.

Ah well, no help for it. :P If I want to read the text comfortably, that is. smile

Thanks for all your help though. xD

C
stranger
stranger
C
Wow.

Kudos Larian.

veteran
veteran
little help:
http://browsershots.org/http://www.divinity2.com/

It's one of these days...
addict
addict
Btw, the site seems to be down. Maintenance, eh?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I just love this work. Thank you Larian Studios. I must say i am very impressed. And it reminds me of the one tread we had a few years back.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Great site! I was just wondering if there was a way to download the music from the site?

Support
Support

Not yet, but you should be able to copy it out of your browser's cache folder (after playing the songs, browse to the appropriate folder in Windows Explorer, and sort by file size). The file names will be different, but the 'Divinity 2 - Track 1.mp3' file is 3,612 KB and 'Divinity 2 - Main Theme.mp3' is 2,457 KB.

Welcome to the forum. wave

apprentice
apprentice
Great site!!!
Especially I love the creature section, and I can't stop wondering about the Dragon Elf, is he ingame, cause he moves so smothe and the details are off the huck.

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
What you see is what you get! smile

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hehe! laugh

apprentice
apprentice
I will so love this game!!

old hand
old hand
great site!

i think this game will be a huge succes smile
The best next gen RPG of 2009.

rpg005

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by TheDivine
great site!

i think this game will be a huge succes smile
The best next gen RPG of 2009.

rpg005

From your words to God's ears =)

old hand
old hand
OMG.
I really want this game now.
I've just seen the new info about the battle tower.
Sounds great.
The Screens are gorgeous.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thx! grin
Did you listen to Swen's podcast, too?

old hand
old hand
Yep smile
DTP are so lucky to be publishing a game like this.
When will we be getting more xbox 360 screens?
As Im getting it for xbox.

Last edited by DivineGamer; 22/04/09 03:56 PM.

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hi all welcome

The Dragon's Shelter has been updated with some more goodies.
Check them out here

Enjoy!

journeyman
journeyman
Thanks! But the screen's link leads to previous week ones... you have to go to main page and click there to see the pretty new ones.... welcome

Forget it, now it works....

Last edited by Arkray; 29/04/09 03:06 PM.
old hand
old hand
Is it me or are those dungeons so detailed! smile
I really can't wait any longer.
I hope we get a new trailer soon!
Dragon combat sounds freaking good.
Lynn are we getting anymore 360 screens I don't know If you've seen my question If you can't answer it please say.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Patience, Young Padawan. wink

Edit: Found a minor error thing: The wallpaper of the second (middle) set is seemingly not available for the resolution of 1024x768 pixels.

Last edited by AlrikFassbauer; 29/04/09 06:54 PM.

--Dilbert cartoon

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks Alrik, I have reported this.
It'll be fixed soon.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Patience, Young Padawan. wink

Edit: Found a minor error thing: The wallpaper of the second (middle) set is seemingly not available for the resolution of 1024x768 pixels.

I guess so... disagree
I'll go cry in a corner

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi all,

it's wednesday again: A news update is now online.
Get to know more about the Human Comat on the Divinity2-Website.

Enjoy!
Betty

addict
addict
Cool to see the polymorph spell is making a reappearance. stupid

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
This is getting better and better!!! =)

stranger
stranger
excellent, I am really getting excited now - good to see a regular flow of cool stuff!

CAN

NOT

WAIT

smile

Better to regret something you HAVE done, than regret something you HAVEN'T done !
A
veteran
veteran
A
Really nice to see the "hide in shadows" back. smile

Another thing I've noticed (again ! delight ) is the formulation of the last sentence, as if the main audiance of the game was gamers who want to play "evil" :

Shall it be an epic tale of mighty sword swinging brutes, of devilishly devious masters of magic twisting the world to suit their own insidious ends… or could it even be a mix of these and many, many more…?

I do miss some rather "humanistic" choices ... wink

--Dilbert cartoon

addict
addict
Nah, most of the people are chasing you and want you killed. The 'humanistic' path will surely lead to your death. Kill and maim is the way to survive smile

Last edited by Myrthos; 06/05/09 08:15 PM.

See me @ The Locus Inn & RPGWatch
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Well, Alrik, skills pertain to combat of course, so they often tend to be on the aggressive side: that's only logical. But never you worry: when it's questing time you can choose to be as kind or as nasty as you like. Humanistic or barbaric, that's up to you.

I am in blood
A
veteran
veteran
A
Wellm I wasn't that much referring to enemies, but I assume that there surely must be some non-enemies there, too, no ? wink

--Dilbert cartoon

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
They're called NPC's and there are lots of them. biggrin

I am in blood
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi all,

today we present three scary creatures and a new podcast to you.
www.divinity2.com
Enjoy!

Betty

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
"These giant leaders of goblin tribes tower above their subjects"
Aaahhh...the famous giant goblins...beware!!

enthusiast
enthusiast
We know... ouch He got a little small - will be fixed soon. cool

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
You're laughing now, but wait till you meet on in game... devil

I am in blood
A
veteran
veteran
A
... Reminds me of a certain trailer/video for the forthcoming "Blood Bowl" game ... wink

--Dilbert cartoon

hehe cool biggrin

The Shocker is here!
old hand
old hand
It is Wednesday is it not?
No Divinity Wednesday? frown
Put it up soon or post a message please smile
~DivineGamer

T
stranger
stranger
T
the update came around 8pm. just check the site for new creatures and a member-exclusive wallpaper: http://www.divinity2.com wink

Last edited by Trumpfass; 20/05/09 10:07 PM.
veteran
veteran
nice work on the bandit.

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
old hand
old hand
Thanks Trumpfass!
I was worried for a moment there.
I'm glad they decided upon dishing out info every Wednesday.

old hand
old hand
Divinity2.com, have some very cool wallpapers!

Today is Wednesday, correct? Where is..........

Divine Gamer asking if Wedsneday updates are going to get posted today????? evil oops

Is reality just a fantasy?
enthusiast
enthusiast
Why not wink?
We're already working on it...

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
It's still Wednesday for some more hours. Have some patience please and you'll get rewarded wink

It's still Wednesday for some more hours. Have some patience please and you'll get rewarded wink

LOL...no worries, I was just bustin' on DG. smile

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Et voila! The Dragon's shelter just has been updated with some new creatures, a podcast and an interview with Jan (lead writer) and Koen (art director). And now the Divinity II website offers RSS-feed too.

Visit the website to view and read all of these goodies! smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
And as I said...

The Update is online! grin
Check out 2 new creatures, a podcast by Koen and an exclusive Larian interview.

Yours,
Betty

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by SheaOhmsford
Today is Wednesday, correct? Where is..........

Divine Gamer asking if Wedsneday updates are going to get posted today????? evil oops

I'm here you guys/gals know me too well smile
Its arrived!!
Any news on the Pre-order and release from the other thread?

Really interesting creatures, i had some time now to explore the entire site, and it's great, shame on me but this is the first time I see the trailer and I'm jawdrop about the transforming in dragon part.

The Shocker is here!
W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Ahhhh...
The Memory Eater realy looks awesome. Very cool, yet somewhat weird design. Me likes it.
Oh and the other thing I meant to say was...uhmmm...what was it again? Who are You people?

Originally Posted by Wishmaster
Ahhhh...
The Memory Eater realy looks awesome. Very cool, yet somewhat weird design. Me likes it.
Oh and the other thing I meant to say was...uhmmm...what was it again? Who are You people?

Yeah, freaky weird...in a good way. Kinda reminds me of Predator crossed with a D&D Mind Flayer...on steroids.

A
veteran
veteran
A
How do I watch or listen to Podcasts ?

I never "used" them this far ... I didn't know what to do with that ... Sorry, but I think I'm too conservative for that ... wink

--Dilbert cartoon

enthusiast
enthusiast
Just go to the Media section and select the podcast. Then press "play". Chakka!

A
veteran
veteran
A
Okay, I'll try it, then. wink

--Dilbert cartoon

old hand
old hand
I have to say that the music is really, really fantastic!

enthusiast
enthusiast
A new update is online from now on: Divinity 2: Ego Draconis website

Enjoy. smile

journeyman
journeyman
This is the week of trailers, I was expecting one frown

enthusiast
enthusiast
Sorry Arkray. hug

But: In this case we're not mainstream... wink

journeyman
journeyman
Well, in a way, one more trailer would pass unnoticed among that many ones, I'll wait until you think it is the right moment well Thanks!

Originally Posted by dtp Betty
Sorry Arkray. hug

But: In this case we're not mainstream... wink

Far be it for me to sound critical, but there are several(un-named) game companies with upcoming products in relatively the same genre. And they are "balls to the walls", marketing out the wazoo. I will play this game regardless, as I know the quality of product that Larian puts out.

But seriously, you gots to market to make a buck. I know budgets are what they are, varying for each company, and marketing has their piece of the pie. But are we to assume that this is the pace to be expected until launch? Or is there some underlying master plan that will have a (add grandiose adjective here) pre-launch campaign that attempts to reach the masses? You know, the ones that aren't like us faithful, that may have never even heard of the Divinity series? I'm all about standing on reputation and word of mouth recommendations, but this era probably requires more than that...the sooner the better.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Regarding the new update: looooove the skeleton animation laugh

addict
addict
New information does seem scarce considering the release date is supposedly only a couple months away...

The updates do look good though.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by SheaOhmsford

Far be it for me to sound critical, but there are several(un-named) game companies with upcoming products in relatively the same genre. And they are "balls to the walls", marketing out the wazoo. I will play this game regardless, as I know the quality of product that Larian puts out.

He's got a point there. There are a few promising titles on the horizon. Depending on the actual release date Divinity II may be up against - to name one of the more obvious - Dragon Age: Origins. I believe you need all the positive buzz you can get against a crowd pleaser such as this. (I'm going to get them both provided there will be no nasty surprises re DRM).

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi all,

a new big fat update is now online.
Check out new creatures, exclusive info about customizing, new wallpapers and screenshots and a podcast at the Divinity II website.

Yours,
Betty

old hand
old hand
Thanks Betty!
So is that the last of the creatures being shown to us until release I see no-more.

You've made a big error by the way, you know where it says pre-order it links you to Amazon.de even though this is the English version of the site hopefully that'll be fixed.

I like the Collectors Edition box art by the way looks really cool.
The new wallpapers are really nice also.

stranger
stranger
Oi, creative creatures...i love most of them smile
The only problem is now the minimum required system to play ED2 smoothly !

+I come to cleanse this land+
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Defenders of Aleroth come together here ! smile

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Just in time...
My peasant-army was already preparing the torches... they may seem to be lost in time but they know when is "The" update time...
grin

old hand
old hand
The dragon shelter has been offline for 6 hours frown

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
The dragon shelter has been offline for 6 hours frown

maybe they upping the Demo grin

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Sorry for the inconvenience. The provider had a few technical problems, everything is solved now.

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
And it's... Wednesdaaaaaaaaaaaay! horsey

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
rpg006
I smell New Gameplay video or Map of Rivellon update...
rpg006

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hm... I don't.
But I see someone coming nearer.cool

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi all, the update is now online. smile

old hand
old hand
Wednesday isn't it?
*Stars to Chant*

Update Update Update Update...

stranger
stranger
Hi all, the great update is now online wink

Check it out!

old hand
old hand
OoOo.
Count me in for Friday!
It will be the first of three acts.
Its what we've all been waiting for.
Nice update.
Just listening to the Podcast.

Ps. Is anybody having login Issues on Divinity2.com?
I keep having to request a new password.
I'm typing the right password I'm sure of that!

A
veteran
veteran
A
Try to delete the cookie of this forum, then. Normally this solves it.

--Dilbert cartoon

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
It's Friday...
Well, in Japan, but still a Friday.
rpg006

apprentice
apprentice
LFG?

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
For ponies! smile

old hand
old hand
Its that time again.
Update should be coming soon I hope wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
It's online!!

A
veteran
veteran
A
Nice ! smile

--Dilbert cartoon

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hello hehe

The dragon's shelter has been updated with another great 3D screenshot.

This week we dig a bit deeper into the world of Rivellon. About a mile deeper actually...
See for yourself here wink

Enjoy the update!

old hand
old hand
Thanks Lynn.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hi everyone,

the dragon's shelter currently has a small server issue. if you don't get your activation-link after you registered on the site, please feel free to send me a private message and i'll send you your personal activation-link. thanks smile

old hand
old hand
So your the Webmaster sort of?

Anyway its Wednesday, wonder what the update is, I guess I'll have to wait until later today.

enthusiast
enthusiast
We will have a little update break this week - due to the German release of div2 this Friday.birthdayjump

Next week you will get to know much more about the locations on the world map. smile

old hand
old hand
Awww... frown
I was looking forward to as well, to keep my mind of the German Release.
Thanks for the update though.

PS.I'm Glad your continueing updates after the German Release and Locations sound cool.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
So your the Webmaster sort of?

Yes, he is. At least for the Divinity site.

--Dilbert cartoon

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi all,

after a little break (due to German release of the game) we now tell you more about the Locations of div2
Check out this week's update on www.divinity2.com

Betty

old hand
old hand
Wow.
I totally forgot about Wednesday Updates.
Thanks I'll check it out now.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It is our duty to kill some time for our English speaking community members until English language release.
So we are still there to provide content. smile

old hand
old hand
Yeah thanks for all of us for carrying on the updates.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Thanks ! smile

--Dilbert cartoon

Sly Offline
stranger
stranger
The site looks incredible.. Wonderfully designed.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi all,

a new update is now online.
Do you know Farglow? Now you do! smile

www.divinity2.com

Cheers,
Betty

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi ho,

Wednesday again? wink
Check out the new update: Sentinal Island and 2 new panoramic screens.

Cheers!

old hand
old hand
Since nobody's posted thanks.

I'll do it.
Thanks Betty!
Looking forward to future updates!

Last edited by DivineGamer; 12/08/09 07:12 PM.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Me, too ! smile

--Dilbert cartoon

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hi there hehe

Still busy with lots of things, but even then we'll have a Wednesday-update for you smile

This week we present you the Lovis citadel tower, once a glorious Battle Tower and now... well, have a look for yourself here wink

Apart from the Lovis tower we do show you two more gorgeous 360 degrees panoramic screenshots. They will give you a fantastic view of the dark dungeons of Rivellon, and also a great view of the flying fortresses.

Enjoy!

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Ps: two more screenshots of the Lovis Tower can be found at Facebook

wave

old hand
old hand
Thanks Lynn.

Thanks Lynn - it is nice that you keep doing the wednesday updates even if the game is out in german.

A
veteran
veteran
A
It's for keeping the international audience interested. wink

--Dilbert cartoon

enthusiast
enthusiast
A new update (very early this time wink ):
Get to know Maxos Temple and watch 2 new 360° Screenshots.

Yours,
Betty

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
And at the facebook-page the inside of the temple wink

old hand
old hand
You girls are early this morning wink
Thanks for the update.
I'll have a look later.

Thanks for the update - it looks nice.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by dtp Betty
A new update (very early this time wink ):
Get to know Maxos Temple and watch 2 new 360° Screenshots.

Yours,
Betty

Hey there, was the new inside 360 screenshot (the one with the water) made with a more recent version of the game ? It seems better than the old ones, graphic-wise, particularly on the shaders.

Maybe just in my head smile

Last edited by Adomingues; 26/08/09 01:09 PM.
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hello wink

Which screenshot exactly are you talking about?

journeyman
journeyman
Hello wink

Which screenshot exactly are you talking about?

http://www.divinity2.com/360screens.php

The top left one of the 360 screens (the one with a cave), if you pan the camera a little to the left towards the water, there is a water layer there with a lof of light projected on the water surface. Dont recall seeing such a "dramatic" shader effect in any screenshot released so far, so i was wondering if it was made with the new yet unreleased patch with graphical improvements that is now on QA status wink

Last edited by Adomingues; 26/08/09 02:05 PM.
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thank you smile

No, the programmers haven't done anything special, so nothing has been changed.
It should have looked always that nice biggrin

One of the things they have changed, is the fact that you can now see the player swimming.

Hope this helps hehe

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hello,

a new update is now online: Come and visit the Orobas Fjords!
www.divinity2.com

Thanks for the updating!

old hand
old hand
Since Betty Didn't Post it.

Hello,

a new update is now online: Come and visit Aleroth!
http://www.divinity2.com

A
veteran
veteran
A
It's in the German-languge section already.

But since in the German-language technical section hell has broken loose (in terms of friendlyness by the posters), it ain't pretty posting there anymore, I guess.

--Dilbert cartoon

enthusiast
enthusiast
It's in the German-languge section already.

But since in the German-language technical section hell has broken loose (in terms of friendlyness by the posters), it ain't pretty posting there anymore, I guess.

frown That is very unfortunate, with a patch coming and all, what is wrong with people?

A
veteran
veteran
A
They are losing their temper.

They cannot wait for the patch to come. And they are bickering about - in my opinion - rather small issues.

All in all a lot of them act very childish, something I've only know from the infamous site called RPGCodex before.

--Dilbert cartoon

They are losing their temper.

They cannot wait for the patch to come. And they are bickering about - in my opinion - rather small issues.

All in all a lot of them act very childish, something I've only know from the infamous site called RPGCodex before.

Geez, it's a game...in the grand scheme of things, all small issues. Community members should voice concerns and then they have two options, three max, IMO:

- play game with the issues and deal with it
- wait for the patch and hope things are fixed
- get rid of the game

If history has proven anything, it's that a game is never going to be 100% perfect for everyone. There are too many unforseen or unexpected variables that developers can't account for (time and money crunches being the biggest culprits). If a game is crap concept and design, then there is really nothing that can be done, but a good dev team always wants to put out the best product possible. But even the best product possible at the time of release isn't going to make everyone happy, so the childish, immature ones rant and rave like they are entitled. Drives me bonkers sometimes.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Well, "hell broken loose" is quite a bit exaggerated imo, its one or two children who like to play trolls thats all.

Dont tell me nothing like this ever occurs in british forums, though I'm always surprised how much more well behaved people seem to be in those. I.e. if you compare it to british newspapers smile

The game itself is surprisingly bugfree, its always difficult to develop applications or games for the PC, driver issues or a badly setup computer more the reason than the game itself. Possibly one reason why consoles are much more preferrable for many studios.

Last edited by Kangaroo; 10/09/09 09:00 PM.
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Kangaroo
Well, "hell broken loose" is quite a bit exaggerated imo, its one or two children who like to play trolls thats all.

Yes, maybe, but their lasting impression (or should I say "imprint" ?) is rather big.

--Dilbert cartoon

D
stranger
stranger
D
A new cinematic trailer has been released! Check it out smile

D
stranger
stranger
D
We have a new gameplay video for you, featuring the archer in action. Enjoy! smile

old hand
old hand
Thanks.
Looks nice!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by dtp Christian
We have a new gameplay video for you, featuring the archer in action. Enjoy! smile

where
and what about mage

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
Support
Support

The gameplay video is on the D2:ED site, media page.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Sorry, forgot the link last time. Thanks Raze smile

We have another gameplay video for you, featuring an alchemist quest. You can find it here. Have fun!

@Raven.rpg: Wizard gameplay will be featured in one of the future updates. Stay tuned!

Last edited by dtp Christian; 28/10/09 09:53 AM.

We have another gameplay video for you, featuring an alchemist quest. You can find it here. Have fun!

That is just WAYYYYY COOOL!!! This is the kind of stuff I love to see. Maybe I'm just easily amused, but this is true RPG stuff to me. groovy Damn, January seems a long way off.

Last edited by SheaOhmsford; 28/10/09 12:56 PM.

addict
addict

@Raven.rpg: Wizard gameplay will be featured in one of the future updates. Stay tuned!

Great,thanks

old hand
old hand
Can't wait for this game!
One problem is that the main hero sounds like an Old Man frown

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi Divinity fans! smile

This time, our weekly update provides you with a little insight on a quest for Richard of Aleroth. You will see, how you can use the romantic feelings hug of a guard for your own purpose via the mindreading ability. The video is just under four minutes long and is now available in the media section .

Have fun watching! grin

Last edited by dtp Christian; 04/11/09 02:51 PM.
LOL! I really like it a lot! Can´t wait to play!

addict
addict
Hi Divinity fans! smile

This time, our weekly update provides you with a little insight on a quest for Richard of Aleroth. You will see, how you can use the romantic feelings hug of a guard for your own purpose via the mindreading ability. The video is just under four minutes long and is now available in the media section .

Have fun watching! grin

I(and all my friends) am still waiting for my wizard gameplay
preferebly with all spells from mage list

Thank you

old hand
old hand
I don't think they will show all spells.
I thought you had the game already the hacked version?

addict
addict
Yes I have
but I wanna see wizard gameplay
with
fireball
magic missiles
polymorph
firewall
and maybe magic blast

I wanna see is that strong or not and things like that

old hand
old hand
Why don't you just try it on your game?

PS.Nice video just watched.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Then you don't have to wait any longer raven.rpg smile

This weeks update with the wizard gameplay video is now online.

Enjoy it here!

D
stranger
stranger
D
Latest gameplay video is now online, featuring the warrior.

It can be found here.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard