Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#374044 04/08/09 09:51 AM
S
Salenai Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hi, so, I´ve gotten to the Maxis Temple, where I have to slay Amdusias. He stays in the huge cave, where is the altar located. Dragon Scale is located just halfway to the altar. So, the question is, how do I defeat Amdusias? I ran to the Dragon Scale, took it, and nothing happened. It is not even usable. Amdusias stayed in dragon form even then. Any solution? Thanks.

old hand
old hand
Post in the Help/Tips/Tricks.
You already know that since you posted some comments in there yesterday.

S
Salenai Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I tried to post there, but I was not able.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hi,

after getting the Dragon Scale, you have to use the book, which the ghost of the librarian gave you.

Sorry for my bad english, but I hope you know what I mean ^^

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by Sindrax
Hi,

after getting the Dragon Scale, you have to use the book, which the ghost of the librarian gave you.

Sorry for my bad english, but I hope you know what I mean ^^

Yep read the book and he wont be so tough smile.

MAXOS!

S
Salenai Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
You could name a main villain Larian laugh.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Hello all!

I am having trouble with this quest as well... I never received a book from the Librarian as far as I know, but I did receive a quest from him to find some other book which I cannot locate. Does he give me the book required to kill Amdusias after giving him this book that he's after? Does anyone know where it is?

This has been a frustrating quest so far. I just can't figure it out but otherwise the game is excellent. Thanks in advance!

P
stranger
stranger
P
Actually nevermind, I figured it out. For anyone wondering, once you've searched the priests rooms you should get a key that unlocks a chest on the lower floor of the section their rooms are above. There you'll find the book that you give to the librarian. I don't know why I couldn't figure this out to begin with, but whatever, I'm just glad it's done. Thanks all!

stranger
stranger
Hey i am at the dragon i got the dragon scale tooked from the ground where the dragon flies the dragon book that gives you 1 dragon point + the blood from that guy well when i have those three thinks i use the book (dragon is hitting me with his fire) it says: you gain 1 dragon point but after that nothing special happends the dragon won't turn human what do i do plz gimme a detailed solution :P tyvm

Last edited by killgore; 19/10/09 05:23 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Same problem here, I got the book, read it, got the scales and blood and nothing happens. What am I missing?

old hand
old hand
You need to use a quest item book, named Arcesso Arcanum II... not a dragon skill book.

Spoiler / fix? Long spoiler on what to do in there.

You kill the guys inside near the book cases, you do the ghost quest to get a book, its in a chest located in the 4 room chamber, wich were habited by the dead ghosts who float around you bring back the book to the library and turn in the quest, and walk to the lava area where the dragon is located, to pick up the dragon scales and also to get the cutscene this is important YOU need to mind read the dragon or you are stuck (this might be a bug since I havent found any other way to open the chest or gain the password, after the scene with the dragon you are not able to mindread him again). You mind read the dragon you taunt with Maxos a few times, and he gets hostile but make sure you mind read first to get the password for the chest to pick up his armor, and some rewards, then read from the book and he gets transformed into a human form, wich you can kill. anyways after the mindreading and all that pick up the scales, go back to the room with the 4 ghost rooms and pick up the dragons blood and open the chest with the password you had read from Amdusias when you have the scales and blood use the book and he gets transformed and you can blast or chop him to pieces, hope I was of help

Don't play when you have a mushroom phobia! o.O xD
Q
stranger
stranger
Q
Instead of making a new post ill ask here, how the heck are you supposed to kill him? I mean, I got him to human form, but then what happens? He takes out his bow, shots me for 190-220 dmg, then uses his fear skill or whatever and finishes me with one sword hit, so I'm basically getting 2-shotted here, am I bugged or what? ._. Or maybe I'm not 'supposed' to go there until I get higher lvl? I just dinged 13 and same shit happened.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Qwong
Instead of making a new post ill ask here, how the heck are you supposed to kill him? I mean, I got him to human form, but then what happens? He takes out his bow, shots me for 190-220 dmg, then uses his fear skill or whatever and finishes me with one sword hit, so I'm basically getting 2-shotted here, am I bugged or what? ._. Or maybe I'm not 'supposed' to go there until I get higher lvl? I just dinged 13 and same shit happened.

send your creature on him
after he engaged in close combat(close combat is his weak side) you can kill him easly

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
old hand
old hand

It is a boss battle, so it is supposed to be hard. I am usually level 15-16 at that point, though, but still Amdusias does a lot of damage with his bow. Though it seems Amdusias has been made considerably stronger in the English version.

Note, though, that ranged damage can be reduced with higher dexterity. So if you have a Potion of Dexterity, it's time to drink that. Also, you should always have Potions of Greater Healing.

It is possible if you are a mage or ranger, to take cover behind a rock... then let your creature act as distraction while you shoot him with arrows/pelt him with magic blast or fireball.

For a warrior, you really should have a lot of vitality & strength at this point so you can kill him quickly. As always with bosses, Fatality skill is very useful.

Last edited by virumor; 04/11/09 11:25 PM.
As a warrior you can rush in and get close to him real easy his melee is weakish and you could finish him off quick.

And as Viru said if your a mage or ranger just hide between rocks and lure him out run side ways shoot quick and hide or let your pet tank him a bit whole shooting blasts and missles at him.

Even hide in the shadows works great to escape if you have a pet, you go invis but your pet doesn't, wich makes them go on your pet right away.

Don't play when you have a mushroom phobia! o.O xD
P
stranger
stranger
P
Hi everyone! I have the book and the blood, but..where i can find the dragon scale? ps sorry for beed english i'm italian :P

addict
addict
Originally Posted by virumor

magic blast or fireball.
or magic missiles grin

Hi everyone! I have the book and the blood, but..where i can find the dragon scale? ps sorry for beed english i'm italian :P

under Amdusias

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
P
stranger
stranger
P
near the altar of blood?thanks for the speed answer Raven! smile

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard