Next Thread
Print Thread
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Hello there.

Been playin this awesome game since Friday, now I'm level 13 with 20 hours.

Really liked the game, despicte the bugs (and as far as I know, the devs are well aware of every one of them), the performance (can blame my 8800GTS for having just 320mb though) and drive crashes (also my old 182.50 driver, which I use for pre-2006 games compatibility. Will update tonight to the 186.18, other games can wait :P)

In fact, I have some questions:

1) Why can't I kill each and every npc in the villages? I know I will be breaking quests, but hey, what better way to fill yourself with potions than killing the man who sells it and take his inventory right? I may sound a jackass, but if the game gives me meany dialogs, I want to act mean too!

I don't know, make important characters stronger than you (like, Richard being a lvl.40 or so), not so important as hard to beat (say, lvl.15 warriors guarding the town - hey, if trolls didn't enter the town so far, they must be strong, right?) and useless/funny/etc as lower, easy to beat ones (say, those gossip girls at the Mill's back, aren't more than level 1...), and main plot characters as invincible. This way, you don't break the Main Quest, but you can lose a lot of XP/gold in the future by killing those NPCs earlier, so you have been warned.

Is it possible to do it (a checkbox "turn NPC non-immortal")? Or the loss of some scripted events, even secundary ones, will break the game entirely? I remember killing everyone at a little town in DD with my mad Mage. Never saw that much loot in my life until Titan Quest (XD)

2) Is it true that, in dragon form, the ground enemies... disappear? o_O" If so, is this something that can be changed somewhat in the future? I mean, what's the point of being a dragon if I can't toast goblins until sunset...

3)
If I kill that Dragon at Maxos Tower and become a dragon, or if I kill that necromancer in the bandit camp, I can still go back to Broken Valley and finish other quests? Which one of those will make me go just forward in the story? I want to finish everythin before moving on, but I want to become a dragon soon, I was promised in the previews to become a dragon in a dozen hours...

4) What is the maximum level my character can be and how much gamehours can I expect, at max, if I do all the sidequests but don't have the slightiest idea where to go (I mean, I KNOW I have to kill a bandit, the problem is finding it!)

5) I just explored 60-70% of the fist map (Broken Valley) within 20h. How much more areas like this can I expect? A lot? Few?

Sorry for the trouble and back to Rivellon! I will return when my couriers informs me of new messages, but you can always find me in the tower! Razi the Dragon flying out!

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Razi the Dragon
2) Is it true that, in dragon form, the ground enemies... disappear? o_O" If so, is this something that can be changed somewhat in the future? I mean, what's the point of being a dragon if I can't toast goblins until sunset...

Lar stated in a post that the people on the ground just seek shelter.

You, on the other hand, want to act as a "bad dragon" and kill the helpless people with your superior firepower, too, right ?

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Support
Support

I assume it is just easier to prevent attacking NPCs than to keep track of which ones are essential and only allow minor or generic characters to be killed. For a 'feature' relatively few people would use, this would add a fair bit of work. If NPCs currently do not react to you taking their stuff right in front of them, then there probably isn't a system in place to allow them to react if you start slaughtering NPCs in full view, etc...

Ground opponents disappear in dragon form for balancing reasons. If you could 'toast goblins' then any open areas would be too easy as a dragon, or the game would have to have been balanced so that the human and dragon forms were equally powerful, and changing into a dragon was basically the equivalent to switching to a ranged weapon. Alternately, there would have to be creatures designed to be immune to dragon attacks (ie fire elementals or armour backed demons) but vulnerable to humans (other damage types, or attacks that could get below armour), or mobs would need to carry around some powerful ground to air weapons to use against dragons which would not be useful against humans.

old hand
old hand
You don't need NPC's to attack when being arrested. Just have the watch appear (like in Divinity) to haul your ass to jail. That npc can then refuse to talk to you or the house can become locked. And loss of a quest from being completed.

There are far worse things than death. Like the following for example...

I've heard of cruel things like adults forcing children in the United States Senators debate a bill to pass as law. Sometimes those kids end up being mentally scarred for life as a result.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 11/08/09 03:16 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Danke schön! (y)

If I read that map in the official site correctly, there are 5 areas:

- Broken Valley
- Orjobas Fjords
- Sentinel Island
- Aleroth
- Rivertown

or something like that and, if their size is correct, they are as big as BV, right?

Please, answer the other questions laugh

Oh, I now have 22h of gameplay (that includes lost time from dying) and I'm level 14. Patched the game to 1.01 and updated my graphic card drivers. OMG, the performance raised 20% and I have 70% lesser bugs. How stupid I was for not doing it before T_T

My current rating for the game is 85%, based on the explanations and the corrections made by the patch (y)

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard