Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
v1ctor #385317 14/09/09 09:39 AM
veteran
veteran
Performance issues not a problem here, but the patch disappointed me a bit too. I was hoping for quests and some chest triggers to be fixed, but they aren't fixed :-<

Kein #385332 14/09/09 11:00 AM
stranger
stranger
Hi Guys, I've been lurking around the forums for quite a while and finally decided to create an account. Witch is actually the first time I've registered myself in a forum and I've been a gamer for a good 10+ years.

Also could not wait for the english release and found myself buying the german one, since my german isn't all that great I had to get the language patch. So you already know what happened to it after the patch. ;P Was wondering if someone could PM me about the little fix for the small problems that cropped up.

I was also a bit disappointed about the quest and chest triggers not being fixed but oh well. Am I the only one who gets peeved about the only way to solve the soulforged chicken thing?

v1ctor #385338 14/09/09 11:07 AM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by v1ctor
patch has been a major disappointment for me so far. sure, the new high rez textures look nice but it also causes heavy performance issues on my system, propably related to the new cpu enhancements they've implemented.

check out http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=385074#Post385074 in case your german's decent enough.

I assume that this is due to the roaring crowd wanting graphical fixes & enhancements NOW, and not considering what the results of this would be ...

It very much reminds me of the roaring crowd wanting the change of the voice in Beyond Divinity ... A very few later came back and said that the first Death Knight's voice was better than the new one ... and they kind of felt ashamed that they had make Larian into doing that ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Am I the only one who gets peeved about the only way to solve the soulforged chicken thing?

It's can be solved other way than killing chicken & Casper. See my post here. Not a bug or/and issue, that is just how the the quest was intended to be.

Kein #385358 14/09/09 12:04 PM
stranger
stranger
I guess thats too bad about the poor guy, really wanted to give him some help. (though in his situation death might not be so bad)

Reaver #385363 14/09/09 12:29 PM
veteran
veteran
Well, such quests (like casper's) and choices (island's servants) in Div2 - the main reason why I hate and love Larian at the same time :P

Kein #385411 14/09/09 03:42 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
mind spoilers, please, guys

stranger
stranger
Quite realistic in a way, things aren't always one of Disney's films. The whole happily ever after thing seems so bogus sometimes (not to mention annoying).

And I do apologize for the spoilers.

v1ctor #385522 15/09/09 04:37 AM
old hand
old hand
It is expected the patch would overwrite files and registry entries. It be best to un-hack (or install a fresh copy of the game) and then re-hack it back to English. Unless Larian totally disabled the easy work around.

Keep in mind they probably did fix a ton of stuff, and if all notes were printed, I'm sure the list would be huge enough to fill several posts. This is probably just the most noticeable or most anticipated stuff and more of a summery.

Patch Notes: (google translated)

- Sorting of goods in inventory and in some other operating menus implemented
- Improvement of textures
- More options in the graphics settings
- 3 new customizable buttons for the target system
- Crashes that were caused by the fading system, fixed
- Navigation system has been improved for large creatures such as trolls or demons
- Performance for single-core processors has been improved and added an extra option in the graphics settings
- Problem with the sighting of Story-NPC has been fixed
- "Always run" with frequent use of pause / go buttons has been fixed
- Fading system has been improved

Notes:

- Patch 1.02 includes patch 1.01
- In order for the optical optimization in power, must be a new game bekonnen [started?]
- The patch currently works for the DVD and the Metaboli version of the patch for the gamesload version will be replenished [released?] Gamesload itself

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
veteran
veteran
Wth is this mysterious "Fading system"? Srsly? Someone already mentioned LOD, but I see no reason why there is can't be LOD word in german changelog. Pretty sure if it was LOD then it would be mentioned then.

Can someone explain what is this? ;P

Kein #385565 15/09/09 10:30 AM
stranger
stranger
I'm a bit more interested in what would we miss by not starting a new game. Has anyone noticed anything?

Kein #385574 15/09/09 11:24 AM
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by Kein
Wth is this mysterious "Fading system"? Srsly? Someone already mentioned LOD, but I see no reason why there is can't be LOD word in german changelog. Pretty sure if it was LOD then it would be mentioned then.

Can someone explain what is this? ;P

Have you never ever noticed objects fading in/out on the horizon in games?!

Welche Sprache spricht der Baum in Aleroth?
Warning, Spoiler:
Altel-Fisch!
Phnx #385586 15/09/09 12:08 PM
veteran
veteran
Yeah, but I always thought it is called as "view range". Fading is... odd word for that imo ;P

Kein #385659 15/09/09 05:04 PM
veteran
veteran
Hmm... there is still left annoying issue - after playing few hours I quit the game but it didn't respond. So, I alt-tabbed it and went to do some other things and when came back after 30-40mins - the application was still here >_>
Funnay.

Kein #385684 15/09/09 08:00 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Nice sig. Eddard Stark, no?

stranger
stranger
I've had the same problem Kein.

Reaver #390884 05/11/09 12:27 PM
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
So what about English patch 1.02 for Divinity 2? I have played version 1.013xx and it's lagging what is really annoying. My pc meets minimal req and recommended besides GPU(256 not 512MB) so it should works at medium-high details easily.

Life is an eternal search...
LUKI #390926 05/11/09 04:05 PM
veteran
veteran
English patch? There is no english patch planned since the english version of the game released already.

Kein #390932 05/11/09 04:51 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Kein
English patch? There is no english patch planned since the english version of the game released already.

As in, the English version of the game released with the patch already incorporated (or what's the word)

Foetsy #390944 05/11/09 05:27 PM
veteran
veteran
Integrated :P

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard