Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#384814 11/09/09 05:27 PM
Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
It was mention already here but since I'm not so good @ german I will "re-ask" the question: does anyone discovered a possibility to complete this quest in a "good way" (so called). "Bad way" is to force Kaen pay second time, but if you tell Locke about his dirty tricks he said that you "lack of proofs" which, I guess, pretty obviously points @ another way to complete the quest.

Ofc, may be I'm wrong here, but then I don't understand why there is a dialog option about Kaen when talking with Richard, and why there is Locke's Debt diary?
As the answer - may be quest just incomplete...

apprentice
apprentice
Well, Locke's diary is proof, and Richard was sent before you to rip off Kaen's money... Anyway, Locke will raise his prices xD

Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yes, I know, but it doesn't changes a thing. Quest will be failed. Sad ;(

UPD:
Nvm, found the game script:
Long
I opened the purse of gold Keane gave me and took the money for myself. Locke is so mad he won't trade anymore, but that doesn't bother me: plenty of traders in Broken Valley still.
I opened the purse of gold Keane gave me and took the money for myself. Shylock is so mad he won't trade anymore, but that doesn't bother me: plenty of traders in Broken Valley still.
Failed2
Short
Locke and Keane be damned: the money is mine!
Shylock and Keane be damned: the money is mine!
Failed
Long
Keane thanked me for taking his side in the argument. As was to be expected, Locke was mad and insists he is being wronged. I don't doubt he's lying, though.
Keane thanked me for taking his side in the argument. As was to be expected, Shylock was mad and insists he is being wronged. I don't doubt he's lying though.
Failed
Short
I told Locke to back off, much to the relief of Keane - but to the anger of the merchant!
I told Shylock to back off, much to the relief of Keane, but to the anger of the merchant!
Closed
Long
I brought Locke the money Keane owed him, obviously much to his delight. This should do me no harm either, as now the merchant will give me a discount when I buy from him.
I brought Shylock the money Keane owed him, obviously much to his delight. This should do me no harm either as now the merchant will give me a discount when I buy from him.
Closed
Short
Locke took his gold with greedy fingers and told me he'll drop his trade prices for me.
Shylock took his gold with greedy fingers and told me he'll drop his trade prices for me.
Completed2
Long
Keane told me some story about how Locke blackmails him. But whether that's true or not, I'd rather see a rich and grateful merchant than a poor and thankful guard!
Keane told me some story about how Shylock blackmails him, but whether that's true or not, I'd rather see a rich and grateful merchant than a poor and thankful guard!
Completed2
Short
I have the money Locke wanted. Now I only need bring it to him.
I have the money Shylock wanted. Now I only need bring it to him.
Completed
Long
Keane told me Locke blackmails him and that I am not the first one he sent to shake him down. I'll make sure Locke will no longer bother the poor man!
Keane told me Shylock blackmails him and that I am not the first one he sent to shake him down. I'll make sure Shylock will no longer bother the poor man!
Completed
Short
Keane was clearly the wronged party, so I chose his side. I should tell Locke.
Keane was clearly the wronged party, so I chose his side. I should tell Shylock.
Accepted
Long
The merchant Locke asked me to retrieve money from a guard named Keane, whom he paid for a rabbit he never received.
The merchant Shylock asked me to retrieve money from a guard named Keane, whom he paid for a rabbit he never received.
Accepted
Short
Locke wants me to talk to Keane about some money.
Shylock wants me to talk to Keane about some money.
Closed
Quest Name
For a Pound of Flesh
For a Pound of Flesh
Closed

Obviously, there is even no description for "good way" to solve the quest ;<

Last edited by Kein; 12/09/09 06:48 AM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard