Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MysterD Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Coming soon to GOG.com and its awesome No DRM campaign is....
Beyond Divinity.

So, this if for Larian - has there been anything Remastered in this version of the game, guys?
New resolution features?
Any gameplay fixes? Changes?
And additions?

You guys got a change-log for this new version?

old hand
old hand
This is the last English version available (1.49) so it's the same as if you'd bought the box + installed the latest 1.49 patch. No extra changes or features or fixes.

Tweeting @forktong
D'oh! Still the problems with x64 operating systems and 4GB+ of RAM? Can they really claim that it's Vista / Windows 7 x64 compatible with such an issue?

A
veteran
veteran
A
I think they never used the term "64 compatible".

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Support
Support

Actually, GOG's webpage has it listed as compatible with "Windows XP & Windows Vista (32 & 64 bit)".

Anyway, with a relatively painless workaround for the 4GB+ RAM performance problems, the game is compatible with 64 bit Windows (incompatible would imply it didn't work at all). GOG (etc) may have a list of known issues, or an asterisk by the mention of 64 bit support, etc, when they update the page for the re-release the game.

I would imagine that GOG don't even know about the 4GB+ RAM compatibility issue, since the game runs with that amount of memory, albeit slowly. However, you would think such a glaring bug with the game would be fixed when the original div has had various issues addressed such as widescreen support. I mean, beyond is supposed to be a newer game than div, yet they don't seem willing to fix something that's been talked about for a while now. More and more people are upgrading to 64-bit operating systems and taking advantage of greater amounts of RAM.

The workaround isn't that painless, and it was very lucky that someone discovered it.

Edit: And... yeah... a fix for the just-as-obvious inventory bug in Vista \ Windows 7 wouldn't go amiss.

veteran
veteran
Just over two weeks after releasing Divine Divinity, Good Old Games (GOG) presents the second installment of the series: Beyond Divinity! hehe
Beyond Divinity at GOG.com

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Undesirable
I would imagine that GOG don't even know about the 4GB+ RAM compatibility issue, since the game runs with that amount of memory, albeit slowly. However, you would think such a glaring bug with the game would be fixed when the original div has had various issues addressed such as widescreen support. I mean, beyond is supposed to be a newer game than div, yet they don't seem willing to fix something that's been talked about for a while now. More and more people are upgrading to 64-bit operating systems and taking advantage of greater amounts of RAM.

The workaround isn't that painless, and it was very lucky that someone discovered it.

Edit: And... yeah... a fix for the just-as-obvious inventory bug in Vista \ Windows 7 wouldn't go amiss.

Well speaking as someone who purchased the game from GOG and fell afoul of both these bugs, it would have been nice to a) Known about them before I ran into them, and b) had them fixed in a patch before releasing it to GOG. Having said that, the workarounds are easy, once you are aware of them, and the game is great.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raventiger
Well speaking as someone who purchased the game from GOG and fell afoul of both these bugs, it would have been nice to a) Known about them before I ran into them, and b) had them fixed in a patch before releasing it to GOG. Having said that, the workarounds are easy, once you are aware of them, and the game is great.

I've purchased both Divine Divinity (DD) and Beyond Divinity (BD) via GOG.

My system is Core I5 based (quad core), Windows 7 64 Bit.

DD runs really well and the config tool even allows me to select the correct resolution (widescreen) for my monitor.

BD runs well enough, but for the Inventory Bug, which renders the game unplayable.

It's also dissappointing that as a later game (than DD) that widescreen support has not been rectified in BD.

With regard to the BD inventory problems, I've not been able to get the game to run in any of the compatibility modes other people have had success with, notably Nt 4.0 SP5 or Win 98/ME.

Shame really, it would have been great if Larian had put as much effort in preparing Beyond Divinity for release via GOG as they did Divine Divinity.

Cheers.

Last edited by MerlynEmrys; 04/02/11 04:26 AM.

Divinty II Dragon Knight Saga (Steam) on Win 7 Pro 64 bit system.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard