Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Support
Support

Do you have any other saves? If so, can they be loaded?

L
stranger
stranger
L
I can load saves from, 4 levels ago, but that's like, 10 hours back. I can't load any from Raze's or Stone's, Kali's, or Kaara's flying fortress's

Edit: Never mind, I just installed it to my hard drive and then hacked it to cut out the buggy load. Dunno' if this was alowed, but I don't care, I paid for a game, I deserve to play it right through.

Good game, ending was a letdown. It's good that it gives the possibility for a Divine Divinity III. I hope that if there is a Div.3 It'll be open game after you finish the game.

X
X23 Offline
stranger
stranger
X
I had this problem and I tried most of the fixes that were recommended then when looking though my files I noticed the dialog file was missing as I installed it from my top drive which has problems with certain file types it didn't install correctly so after installing from my bottom drive it works perfectly.

R
stranger
stranger
R
mine is Intel pent 2.8ghz (2cpu's) memory 3072mb windows 7 Professional (32bit version)
Display ATI Radion HD 3800 series

I have same problem. Won't finish loading after character does all training and returns to ship. Also during installation some files would not install and I had to ignore them to finish down loading. the result was that there is no voices during dialogs. Everything else is fine. this is very annoying.

noticed post above and I am reinstalling from different drive and will see if the same thing happens during install.

ok i reinstalled from my other drive this time all files loaded and the problem is gone.

Last edited by Rocnar; 17/04/10 06:05 AM.
Support
Support

Did the re-install fix the problem leaving Farglow, as well?
If not, end the last conversation yourself before it finishes automatically, and the cutscene should start properly (it has for a couple others that have ran into that problem, anyway).
I think that cutscene issue was fixed in the 1.03 release / patch, though in this case the problem may have been caused by the missing dialog files.

Welcome to the forum. wave

R
stranger
stranger
R
hey, im actually having the same issue but i can literally hear my character moving around and swinging his weapon during the actual loading screen, and i can also hear the sound of going in/out of menu - im actually also having issues with skipping the cutscene - ive tried every button - any suggestions?

Support
Support

Unfortunately, cutscenes can not be skipped.

Have you installed the patch, and gone through this topic? There have been a few suggestions that have help some people.

First Aid Kit for Divinity II

First Aid : when Div2 does not start or crashes

R
stranger
stranger
R
i have - i've given up on troubleshooting so i've just got a friend to save just after the video after speaking to rhode and its working fine so far - but good luck to everyone who is suffering from this error

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Yay!, Flames of vengeance engine overhaul! Maybe I'll be able to actually play this game!

S
stranger
stranger
S
I also have this never ending loading screen problem. It seems to appear at random times, but usually when entering a dungeon or leaving it.

I just want to let people know that I was able to continue from the never ending loading screen by pressing random keys on my keyboard. The game continued as soon as I hit the right key.

Today it happened after a "cutscene" was over and the game wanted to return the control to me. It was in the fjords of Oroba¨ in the Imp's Lair where I found one of the Gremory archeologists. There was a loading screen after having freed the archeologist and the game wouldn't continue from that screen until I hit the right key.

I think the right key was one of the number keys 1-9, or at least close by, asuming that it really is a specific key that will make the game continue.

So it seems like something in the game is waiting for a keypress... Maybe...

Well I hope that this will at least help a little bit.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I actually have the same problem when entering a door...

Though, since I hav Vis Studio installed, I can see that some kind of exception or some such is beein thrown. Unfortunately, I cannot see the content of the debug-dialog since the game is blocking the view frown

My system:
- XP sp3
- Dualcore Centrino with an ATI-mobile graphics card (Radeon HD 3400), 3 GB Ram

Actually I even cannot install the Patch to version 1.03 (cannot identify ystem version debug(xxxx-something) 1.01 and 1.02 worked...).

I tried to follow all guids here, installed new HW drivers, PhysiX etc. but still the game crashes...

I think it may be related to 2 things:

a) I tried out the demo (and deinstalled it - long ago)
b) I bought the online version (so no DVD... but the unlocking worked and, well I can play al long as I do not enter any doors...)

Cheers, afalon

Support
Support

A couple people have run into this problem. Unfortunately, I have not seen any reports of a solution (it has been awhile since it has come up, though). You may want to email support@larian.com, if you haven't already.

Can't get into any door, game exits to windows

AFAIK the patch would have to come through the online distributor (either the 1.03 patch or the upcoming patch, expected about the same time as the FoV/DKS release, next month); the patch downloads for the DVD version are not compatible.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
This issue appears to be resolved in the Dragon Knight Saga/flames of vengeance build. I had the problem with the original ego draconis demo, but the new saga demo works fine! So glad Larian is 'old fashioned' enough to put out playable demos so we can try stuff on our rigs before buying!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Yttermayn
This issue appears to be resolved in the Dragon Knight Saga/flames of vengeance build. I had the problem with the original ego draconis demo, but the new saga demo works fine!

Just installed the Saga/FoV demo and I can verify that the problem still persists. AMD FX60 Dual Core. Loading freeze multiple times just as described in the OP.

A
stranger
stranger
A
where can i find the crack?

KimTD
M
stranger
stranger
M
is there some kind of fix for this problem that works??

Support
Support

If you've tried the things above reported to solve this problem, and looked at the 'First Aid' topics (here and here), then email support@larian.com.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard