Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#392513 17/11/09 06:13 AM
Kazzar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I have a Radeon 4870x2, Intel Quad 9450, Windows 7 with 8GB of ram on a Raptor HD and I was wondering why my game was choppy. Every new game that has come out has had no problems on maximum graphics.

I tried some solutions and they seemed to help, but the biggest one was disabling crossfire. Just go to your catalyst control panel and disable catalyst AI.

I also did some other things, which may or may not have helped:
I right clicked on the game icon, clicked properties and disabled desktop composition and ran the program as an administrator.

Now the game is smooth as silk. I hope the game eventually supports crossfire in a patch, I could only imagine how much faster it will run.

I dont know how to disable SLI on Nvidia cards, but I'd imagine one solution would be to disable one of the cards in your device manager.

I hope this helps some people.

Kazzar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I was messing around further and found that setting "advanced" on Catalyst AI works even better. Maybe that helps use both cores more efficiently, I dunno, but my game is super fast now. Using Catalyst 9.10 drivers BTW.

stranger
stranger
Wishing I had a radeon now :P

Kazzar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I found a better solution in another thread. You can trick the Catalyst drivers to using better settings by changing the divinity.exe file name to Crysis.exe. I don't know how to check FPS, but it looks like I gained x2 FPS.

stranger
stranger
What exe do you guys mean? the one that the game puts on the desktop or the main exe in the game folder?

veteran
veteran
The exe itself.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard