Next Thread
Print Thread
#393807 28/11/09 01:12 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
What does the 3 light blue glowing pedestals at the bottom of the elevator shaft in the IMP cave in the southwestern part of Orobas Fjord for? What do I put on them?

stranger
stranger
Get all three books on the upper floor and put them on those pedestals, I always put them blue, red, dark and still dont know the effect of it xD
Anybody knows whats the correct order?

veteran
veteran
Check pedestals carefully and you will see ;P

apprentice
apprentice
Drops a worthless chest over there. Save your game before you do action EVERY TIME. Should you fail, reload till perfection.

B
stranger
stranger
B
you can also rearrange the books once placed until you get the correct order bit tricky getting the arrow on the books as opposed to the pedestals but doable might be worth saving though to see if you get a different item in the chest that appears once the order is correct

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Did it ten times. Item is always a recipe sometimes 2, nothing spectacular.
There is another jumping puzzle in this cave, got very nice legendary bracelet but it can be any other piece of jewelery as well

Last edited by Xardas_1; 02/12/09 11:54 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
correct order: Dark Book, Blue Book and Red Book

T
stranger
stranger
T
hmm..so facing the three pedestals with first at front and the two at the back what is the correct order and where is the chest?

chest appears behing the books when you got the correct order..dunno if order varies...u have to look how have been beore u picked them up...

T
stranger
stranger
T
dang I knew it was important but I forgot the order they were placed by the time I got to the pedestals. No biggy laugh

C
stranger
stranger
C
I don't know if someone posted the wrong book order, or they meant "right to left" but it didn't work when I placed the books (from left to right) as Dark book on the left pedestal, then blue book in the center, then red book on the right pedestal.

Support
Support

With the pedestals where you collect the books (with the 2 malachite ore veins), notice there is a candle holder beside each one with a different number of candles (1, 3 or 5). The empty pedestals also each have a candle holder beside them...

If the order is not dark/blue/red from left to right, then it is dark/red/blue (I'm pretty sure the dark book is on the left as you approach the empty pedestals). Anyway, try swapping the centre/right books.

Welcome to the forum. wave

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yep, just as Raze said, there is a candelabra beside each book...place them on the pedestals with the same amount of candles... oops

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Item is always a recipe sometimes 2, nothing spectacular.

Drops a worthless chest over there.

For me this was far from true: the chest contained some really nice stuff.

It was something like this

• Aleroth Archmage Leggings
  • (Legendary) Cleric's Elite Guard Helmet of the Devote
  • (Elder) Warrior's Normal Light Champions Bow of the Firebat
  • (Elder) Deadly Oriental Gold Earrings of the Snake Gods
  • 492 Gold

Well worth having!

Support
Support

It was random loot in the original release of the game, which was potentially good, but nothing special. That was changed in the DKS release (and so D2:DC as well).

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard