K
kaczkat Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Hi,

I have a problem with Divinity II.

I am in Broken Valley and when I want to go through any door the game exits to Windows. There is a black screen, I can hear some voices (it seems that these are from the location I wanted to go). The typical notice is shown "There was a problem with Divinity 2 and it will be closed".

I have reinstalled Windows, installed the latest drivers. I have checked/done everything that was advised in ”First Aid : when Div2 does not start or crashes”. I have checked all available screen resolutions. And still have the same problem.

My system is:
Windows Xp SP3
Intel Core 2 Duo T5600
RAM: 2GB DDR2
GeForce Go 7600
Realtek HD Audio

Does anyone knows what to do to make the game work?
I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Support
Support

In Divine Divinity, which had a completely different game engine, there was a rare problem a few people had with crashes going through doors, usually fixed by lowering the hardware sound acceleration. Maybe you can give that a shot (click Start | Run, type in dxdiag and hit Enter, then switch to the sound tab).

K
kaczkat Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I have checked, it’s not working. But thanks anyway.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I have same problem and I still can't find solution frown even tho I had reinstalled/installed everything like it's written in posts above. If you could check it out I would be appreciate.

journeyman
journeyman
You mean your DXdiag is not working?
If it is, then click the save all button and paste the contents here as an attachment, or use the code tags around it.

Bad news though, your system hardly meets the minimum requirements for this game:

Minimum Divinity 2 System Requirements:
CPU: 1.8 Ghz Dual Core (XP/Vista)
RAM: 1 Gb (XP)/2 Gb (Vista)
HD: 9 Gb free HD space
Gfx Card: 256 Mb Shader Model 3.0 (Nvidia Geforce 7600-Series/Ati Radeon 1600 or better)

Divinity 2 System Requirements (Recommended) are:
CPU: 2.6 GHz Dual Core (XP/Vista)
RAM: 2 Gb
HDD: 9 Gb free HD space
Gfx Card: 512 Mb Shader Model 3.0 (Nvidia Geforce 8800-Series/Ati Radeon 3800 or better)

ASUS M3N72-D
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Brisbane @ 3GHz
4 Gigs DDR2 PC6400 Dual Ch. Corsair
ASUS GeForce 9800GT 512MB x2 SLI
Win7 64bit or XP Pro x64
R
stranger
stranger
R
Could somebody upload somewhere or send me savegames from the beginning of the game from Broken valley when your character is inside of any building? Perhaps it will help. Here's my email: seann20sco@yahoo.com thanks in advance smile
btw I've got english version of the game

Last edited by rafaelx; 05/12/09 02:43 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
bump..

M
stranger
stranger
M
I have the same problem. The game works, but when I enter any dungeon through a door or something else, the game crashes. Today I want to pimp my computer, so everything would be as the game needs it. Except the processor, I don't have a dual core, is this very bad, or would it work without a dual core processor? Thanks for answers ^^

journeyman
journeyman
IIRC the options menu has a checkbox for single core optimization or something like that.
Why not give it a try?

So you spend $300 upgrading your old one, or spend $500 and build a pimpin system! Better yet, spend a grand and have the best one on your block!

The choice is up to you.

ASUS M3N72-D
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Brisbane @ 3GHz
4 Gigs DDR2 PC6400 Dual Ch. Corsair
ASUS GeForce 9800GT 512MB x2 SLI
Win7 64bit or XP Pro x64
M
stranger
stranger
M
But what is if it isn't the solution of the problem, then I paied 200 € and notheing changed, exept that the graphic looks better. I think this would be wasted money, cause the game wouldn't work. Sorry for my bad pronounciation and the way I write. I'm a German pupil of the 9th class, so please don't anger about my bad language....

R
stranger
stranger
R
I ask again if anybody can upload savegame from any dungeon or building from beginning of the game? So maybe it will help.

Support
Support

I would send you a save, but will not have the game until about Jan 5th...
If it doesn't help, it could at least narrow down the problem.

apprentice
apprentice
http://rapidshare.com/files/317761751/Savegames.7z

In one of the saves i am inside one dungeon, but it is at the end of the game. try to leave the dungeon then enter again, see if it works.

Try to disable every feature of the game.
Play in 640x480 with every graphic option in low.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I tried these saves and lowered every graphic option and the game still doesnt work. I mean when I try to load the savegame from dungeon I still got this error. Thx for help anyway wink I gotta change my notebook or maybe wait for patch for english version >.>

Last edited by rafaelx; 08/12/09 08:19 AM.
Support
Support

I guess when your character is indoors there is some change to the lighting or sound systems, etc, that is causing the crash...

If the upcoming patch doesn't help (hopefully it will), you may want to try a clean reinstall of Windows before resorting to replacing your notebook (unless you were upgrading anyway).

A
stranger
stranger
A
Actually, I think this problem is graphics related, here is why:

- on my laptop everything works fine until I enter a door
I got only 128MB Vid-Ram and just low-profile a mobile 3D card (Radeon HD 3400 series), sound works perfectly and so on...

- on my desktop I got a better graphics adaptor (NVIDIA 7800 GT, I tink it's got 512MB, but at least 256), the graphics is much better/faster, I can enter doors etc. but the game crashes every few minutes, and it seems to be sound problems - It (normally) crashes outside (in buildings it seems stable)

So my conclusion: Since sound (and perhaps CPU-speed) problems seem to crash anywhere and the sound works perfectly on my laptop, I think the interior uses some graphics feature my laptop does not provide frown

Strange thing with my desktop though is that the sound allready stutters during the larian-intro right after starting the game... Very stange for my card should have no problems (emu10k chip on it). And all other ganes worked till now on that particular machine.

Hopefully patch 1.04 will fix this.

Cheers, Arndt

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard