Next Thread
Print Thread
#395993 18/12/09 08:34 PM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hello everyone, I'm going to buy Divinity 2, but I'm having problems deciding between the PC and Xbox version. Are there any marked differences between the two? Like graphics (screen tearing etc), audio, or version exclusive content? Will the PC version likely have fanmade mods available in the future?

Support
Support

As is usually the case, graphics are better on the PC, with higher resolutions. There is no version exclusive content (Gamestop has an XBox exclusive equipment set for pre-ordering, but other releases have had bonus equipment for PC and XBox, and IMO that doesn't really count as content). I would expect any official addons or DLC to be available for both, but Larian hasn't confirmed that there would be any addons, let alone mentioning specifics for one platform or the other.
I don't know if mods are likely for the PC, but there is at least a possibility.

Is it modder-friendly?

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #396013 18/12/09 11:36 PM
old hand
old hand
Which one do you feel most confortable on?
I'm playing on Xbox 360, I find it enjoyable so far.
No major issues yet for me at least.

addict
addict
I've been hearing that the framerate is very poor and jerky on Xbox 360. Is that true?

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Raze: Thanks for the info, the link, and the welcome wave. It's good to know I'm not missing out on any content regardless of version. I was so annoyed when I bought the 'lesser' version once *coughEternalSonatacough*, so now I always try to make sure. Also, nice to see there are people interested in modding already (and one already made). I guess that means it's PC for me.

DivineGamer: I'm most comfortable with PC when playing Western RPGs, due to a feeling of better control and out of pure habit. Though when there is a lot of real-time action and/or jumping around etc, I am most comfortable with consoles.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Libertarian
I've been hearing that the framerate is very poor and jerky on Xbox 360. Is that true?

It improves if you install the game to the HDD. It solved it for me anyway.

Originally Posted by CactusAttack
DivineGamer: I'm most comfortable with PC when playing Western RPGs, due to a feeling of better control and out of pure habit. Though when there is a lot of real-time action and/or jumping around etc, I am most comfortable with consoles.

Divinity II is real time action. It suits the use of a control pad than a mouse in my opinion, though it's really a matter of what you are more comfortable using. Graphically it will be alot better on a high end PC.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 19/12/09 05:09 PM.

old hand
old hand
Hi Unreal Warfare smile
I see you've come from Xbox UK Forums wink

Anyway OP.
Your in look since the English PC Demo is out now and the English 360 Demo is out on Monday!

veteran
veteran
I like to play D II on Xbox smile

I'm sure I like it also playing on pc, but for some reasons I prefer now the xbox because of pc-problems, they're frustrating for me! smirk
For me the xbox-version: the graphics are beautiful!

And I known nothing of modding a game, so for me not important to have the pc-version smile.

Welcome to all new forum-users here and have fun! wave

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard