#398519 05/01/10 08:46 PM
T
Tageri Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
hi,
i rerolled a ranger and i REALLY love it.
i just 1 thing wandering my mind.

the gear!
mages have pure int gear, warriors have pure str gear. but i can hardly find any pure dex gear.
not that i dont add str and int thou but still. at lvl 16 i found a lvl 16 armor which needed 19 str. it was named "archer's blahblahblah" seems like all str req armors need 3more str then its lvl.
so any of u rangers who made it endgame can tell me if i should just keep 3 str above my lvl or are there actually GOOD (not like the only dex gears i find which are utterly crap) dex only gears later on?

thnx in advance

edit: does deathblow also increase chance to crit more often with ranged?

Last edited by Tageri; 05/01/10 08:50 PM.
Tageri #398520 05/01/10 08:58 PM
old hand
old hand
There is actually pure dex armor if I remember correctly, which is the rogue set. The armor which wear by majority bandits in broken valley bandit camp is actually the rogue set which requirement is dex. The easiest way for you to confirm is by going to a black smith merchant to check up on the armor. Below are a few which I roughly remeember

Guard set - pure str
nightbringer set - pure int
champion set - str and int
rogue set - dex
army set - str and dex (if not mistake)

ACSS #398522 05/01/10 09:02 PM
T
Tageri Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
thnx ACSS but even at npc i can hardly find pure dex items smirk
and it seems like the guardian set is the one who needs 3 str above its lvl.
up untill now i was adding str and int for the melee/magic def. but now i dno weither i should put points into them for the armors or not
prob is. i also kinda care bout looks xD
maybe if i knew what rogue items look like at later lvl i might go for it but bandits armors were way to fugly for my char xD

Last edited by Tageri; 05/01/10 09:08 PM.
Tageri #398552 05/01/10 09:47 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tageri
thnx ACSS but even at npc i can hardly find pure dex items smirk
and it seems like the guardian set is the one who needs 3 str above its lvl.
up untill now i was adding str and int for the melee/magic def. but now i dno weither i should put points into them for the armors or not
prob is. i also kinda care bout looks xD
maybe if i knew what rogue items look like at later lvl i might go for it but bandits armors were way to fugly for my char xD

Well I dont know how you distribute your stats, but in my experience, I can pretty much use all type of armor in game. My stats points is enough to distribute on stats I needed. Beside gaining stats point through regular level up, you gain some through mind read and items.

I also picky when choosing the armor with skin I like. I go for the heavy/ elite champion set, which I feel looks the best in game. Its the 1 which wear by the champion name richard in the broken valley village. Rogue armor is indeed lack of changes, which pretty much look the same from light, regular, heavy and elite type. And there a lot fugly helmet skin in the game which completely ruin the whole set image.

ACSS #398566 05/01/10 10:16 PM
T
Tageri Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
these are my stats at lvl 16 (without gear):
vit 8
sprt 8
str 16
dex 35
int 12

was aiming at endgame stats like these
vit 15-20
sprt max 15
str 35-40
dex as high as possible (obvious :p)
int 35-40
thats what im aiming for at endgame without gear

know the vit is low but im ranger and ill pump hp easy enough with gear so :p
so maybe it doesnt matter i go for heavy/champ gear with those stats?
the reason why i originally went for str was to melee last hits if they would get too close (but the dont xD)
int was to boost explosive arrow
low sprt cos with mana eff. explosive arrow is cheap enough. and i still have pots IF i run out of mp smile

and thnx for the helpfull answers all the time ACSS
but i still dno answer to question about deathblow increase chance on crits with ranged attacks ^^

Tageri #398577 05/01/10 10:31 PM
old hand
old hand
Your stats looks fine to me, and I can assure you that will have enough points for vit even if you plan to pump it higher. But after all, it also depends on stats of your gears and charms you have. My warrior only had default str around 50 by end game, where gaining around another 40+ str through gears and charms and I have a lot more to spend on other stats such as int and dex. And in fact, my raw int is higher than my str. You will need to do some planning with your charms and gears, as each stats max out at 100.

And regarding explosive arrow, I dont think its consider magic spell. Therefore I dont think int will affect its damage. But adding int will increase your damage as well if you bow had magical damage stats of magical damage enchantment. Mana efficiency is a must skill no matter which path you choose. Potions wont be problem if you know to trick to make it.

Regarding death blow, its a must skill for ranger/hunter, since your stats is more focusing on dex, which increase your critical damage through heightened reflex. Death blow increase the critical chances on weapon, be it melee weapons or bows.

Last edited by ACSS; 05/01/10 10:32 PM.
ACSS #398580 05/01/10 10:41 PM
T
Tageri Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
i had plan for stats with charms and gear ^^
think ill try get (with equip on then :p)
vit around 30 (cos im ranged anyway)
sprt maybe just leave it at 15
str ill try around 60
dex as high as i can
int same like str around 60( even if explosive arrows aint spell, it will still give me additional dmg if my bow has some added magic dmg on it. tough i never used bow with magic dmg on it so far.)

and alchemy garden lvl 5 is the trick for pots xD

Tageri #398584 05/01/10 10:50 PM
old hand
old hand
If you has the appropriate gears and charms, it will be easy for you to get 2 stats to 90+. So nothing much to worry on it. And in order to collect your charms earlier, try reach aleroth as early as possible.

And it will still too early for you to decide how much on each stats for now, unless you get the end game gears. But I think you should roughly know how to manage that already.

As for bow magic damage, you will eventually had magic damage on it or even now, as I do believe you should have bow with 2 enchantment slots. For weapon enchantment slots, I will always put in damage enchantment, so 1 slot will go to normal damage and another slot will be magical damage. There where int will increase your bow base damage.

ACSS #398587 05/01/10 11:00 PM
T
Tageri Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
lol i JUST found sweet bow with magic dmg on it :p
ranged dmg is lower then my old bow but with the purp (magic dmg) added its way better ^^
and ye i do same with the enchantement slots. but i dont own battle tower yet so i dont bother with it till im the boss of the place ^^
and thnx for the aleroth thingy ^^. ill go there as soon as i can smile

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard