Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Zlaja Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I was thinking about buying the 360 version of this game but after playing through the demo there were two things that kept annoying me. The first issue i noticed and the most annoying is the camera position. IMO it's simply set to far back. Every time I close in on something I can't see it properly. Now you can of course press the LT button to view things in over-the-shoulder view but there's no way to toogle that mode ON indefinitely. You have to keep the button pressed at all times. Which gets pretty tiresome after a while + the fact that you end up exiting this mode automatically every time you pick something up. Being able to play the game by toogling this mode ON would make the game so much more enjoyable in my eyes. Not only do you see more clearly in front of you but the game also seems to lag/screentear a bit less in this mode.

The other issue I'm having issues with (lulz, I made a funny) is that gigantic gray bar that pops up every time you highlight something that you interact with. Does it have to cover the entire screen from left to right AND show up in the middle of it? I wish it would pop up higher up so it doesn't block your view when you run around places with a lot of those little vases and barrels.

I enjoyed the demo all in all but these things just kept bugging me through the entire playthrough. Anyone else agreeing with me on these two aspects of the game? And if so, are their any chance of these things being adressed in a future patch? Not exactly a complicating thing to adress. Unlike stuff like screentearing and shoddy animations.

addict
addict
I think they're fixing the camera in the upcoming patch. I don't know the exact specifics, however.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
L
stranger
stranger
L
Sorry I am writing this here guys but I cant find out how to create a thread. In Lovis' tower how do you successfully unlock the pressure plate thimgs near the top of the tower, because i have tried as fast as I can and they just go back to red. Thanks for your support.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Zlaja
I was thinking about buying the 360 version of this game but after playing through the demo there were two things that kept annoying me. The first issue i noticed and the most annoying is the camera position. IMO it's simply set to far back. Every time I close in on something I can't see it properly. Now you can of course press the LT button to view things in over-the-shoulder view but there's no way to toogle that mode ON indefinitely. You have to keep the button pressed at all times. Which gets pretty tiresome after a while + the fact that you end up exiting this mode automatically every time you pick something up. Being able to play the game by toogling this mode ON would make the game so much more enjoyable in my eyes. Not only do you see more clearly in front of you but the game also seems to lag/screentear a bit less in this mode.

Yeah. I think everyone is going to have this feeling. There's an existing thread with a suggestion in the tech support section, I recommend you chiming in that thread as well.

The game does indeed seem to render much better in the over-the-shoulder view, not to mention it's easier to see stuff to interact with as well. It's such a shame that no one thought to implement it as a toggle. I'm hoping that, as others say, it will be patched in the near future.

As for the other thing, I know what you mean but it never really bugged me.

Support
Support

Luciano121, when you are looking at the topic listing for a forum, there is a 'New Topic' button just above the top of the list, on the left (and just under the header graphic and orange-text forum menu).

Zlaja Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Jorlen
The game does indeed seem to render much better in the over-the-shoulder view

I'm glad to hear this from someone else. It means I wasn't imagining things. I'm not usually that observant when it comes to this kind of technical stuff.

PS: I'll look into that thread you mentioned.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Press what button for over shoulder view?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lurene
Press what button for over shoulder view?

The LT wink (left trekker/button)

Also good for focus on 1 enemie or 1 object (barrel, chest or something) ...
See also the Manual for more info about the use of the controller smile.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard