Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
addict
addict
Originally Posted by DeviRyuuD
Lmfao, this now turned into a DAO better than Divinity 2 thread No.2.
I suggest ignoring Raven.rpg, for he is too stubborn to see anything further than his nose. And don`t freaking doublepost you dumbass, how many times do we have to tell you?!

My take on the Gamespots review - Couldn`t care less. What matters is not what critics say, but what you think and believe of the game. Especially knowing that Gamespot, IGN and other most known game reviewer sites get paid to make better reviews, for our, current day, modern player only believes what critics say, not what he believes in.
Peace.

I belive that BioWare has created another masterpiece.I buy game and I will buy expansion.But I guess that there will always be 1% of those who don"t like game.

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
That expansion is said to be 15 minutes long....

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
addict
addict
That expansion is said to be 15 minutes long....

15 hours,with two campaign and choises from original game It will be 45 hours(Longer than whole D2)

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg
Originally Posted by Ineluke
[quote=Raven.rpg][quote=Ineluke][quote=Raven.rpg][quote=Ineluke]Personally ,even if this game was perfect they would find something wrong,it's not American or Canadian.

I think they can keep their RPG and we will keep ours,Larian have much support in Europe and perhaps even Asia.

How anyone can say that this story is not better than that "Lord Of The Rings" blatant copy by BioWare,i don't know.

Don't get me wrong DAO is a bit more Polished but it's static unimaginative and damn right boring,yes i said boring. It's your typical linear stuff that BioWare like to churn out to their fanbase.

I have both games and i have played through DAO 1-1/2 times now just to see if i a missing something with all these top reviews it's getting.

BioWare have lost their way ,fame, rep and to much money have clouded their vision,they no longer have that RPG feel. What we have now is an over the top extended movie where most of the time is spent staring at lifeless pixels that spout constant dribble,no thanks ill stick with a RPG that has soul.

Now, i don't mind a good story but come on,it's constant stand still and unoriginal. Why copy the lord of the rings,think of your own theme BioWare.

This year we European are in for some treats..

We have Arcarnia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4vSr4R_DyA&feature=related

We have The Witcher Assassin Of Kings.. the witcher EE was a master piece ,yet again didn't get the respect it deserve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JciyoGmnGyo

We also have rumours of the 40 hour add on for Drakensang Dark Eye..

Now, yes these games will be release everywhere but i say let em keep DAO.

As a Europeans we should support all European dev teams that make great games,after all we in Europe know what fantasy is all about and medieval type RPG,we know what a real castle looks like.

This is just my opinion of course.

Dragon Age Origins= all flash and no dash... eek

D2= imaginative=fun and great story..

No i don't agree with that review.

I am from europe and I say GO BIOWARE and GO LARIAN

I hope that larian will get rich,so they can create better Divinity 3.

and why everyone is saying that DA:O is copy of of lord of rings.
They are completly different.

"Dragon Age Origins= all flash and no dash... eek

D2= imaginative=fun and great story.."= you should visit doctor

If you think that DA:O is boring you really don"t know what is old-school classical RPG.
But I can"t blame you.I understand that you like hack"n slash more.

OK YOU LIKE EUROPE AND HATE USA.We get it

and I am gonna buy Gothic and Witcher to support our devs but I am still BioWare fan.and Drakensang is good game but boring.Weak story and characters in your party don"t have any personality or past.

No one is saying that DAO is the same game as lord of the rings ..read the freaking post carefully dude.

What many have said,and i agree is that the story is the same as lord of the rings,it's a blatant copy.

I don't know what old school RPG is? get real how the hell do you know what i think old school RPG is, i have played countless RPG.

Don't even try to tell me what RPG i have played,you haven't got a clue.DAO is boring ,it's shiny and dull, lacking any originality and depth.If DAO was like BG1 then yeah it would get more love from me but it isn't.

Go play Drakensang " The Dark Eye" then come back and tell me about "old school" rpg. That game is IMO better than DAO,it's only let down is the voice over but other than that it blitz DAO into the dirt.

It's skill system and crafting is ten times better because it's sandbox,you do know what sandbox is don't you.

It has a great story that makes DAO look like the unoriginal rip from Lord of the rings it is.

Like i said, DAO is a freaking movie that gets real boring and predictable after the first few hours,you know where it's going.

The world is a box and your typical BioWare push you along the pathway crab,it's got to be the most linear game they have made.

Even Drakensangs world is less linear by a long shot.

D2 story is miles ahead of DAO,it spits it out and leave people like you to pick it back up again.

All in all DAO is a flash one track pony that is old and lacking any real substance,it's like BioWare have got stuck in their ways and move away from what made them special in the first place.

These days ,if you play one BioWare game then you have played them all but in a different skin.

Now,as for me needing a doctor ,yes i do because i think DAO has nearly bored me to death.

Oh,i leave you to your flash movie where all pathways are blocked.

I like Europe and hate the US? is this some sort of political thread now?

ahh that is point
I guess your first RPG was Oblivion and now you think that every RPG should be sandbox
and that BioWare games are linear.Yes they are linear,but full of deatails,history,interesting characters,world,details,replability...and they are emotional,so you really feel something when you talk with companions.

So you didn't clock the BG1 bit then,you do know what that stands for,don't you?

Oblivion the actual game by it's self is not that good,flash graphics but lacking in many ways,scaling being one of them. It's the hard special work from the modders that have made that game a good RPG,without the mods it would be another lacking RPG in the same vain as DAO.

Instead of jumping to conclusions and just picking out bit's of my post that suit you,read what i am saying.Know one is arguing the detail BioWare have put into DAO or the fact you can repeat the same dull process as many times as you want.

I am not for a minute saying that BioWare are a crap dev team,that would be just dumb but they are seriously feeding us the same old stuff with different skins. I spent many a year playing NWN1 and many an evening smashing the crap out of BG1-2,they were or are epic games.

DAO is not so epic,yeah it looks good and a lot has gone into the game mechanics but it's still lacking that real RPG feel that Bioware used to have,now it's more like a freaking night at the movies.

They are emotional! lol, so you played with a box of tissue on your lap then.
I can sit here and say "hand on heart " i felt more emotion getting my dragon stone today and changing form than i did playing DAO for 60-70 hours.

My take..

I found the people's reactions in the world quite implausible. I mean, with the blight coming and all, you'd think people understood the importance of fighting together, but no, each side (humans, dwarves, elves, gee how original btw) has their petty bullshit that makes me basically go through a standard 3 level dungeon/temple/ruins and massacre everything inside, get the w/e quest item, go back to the main guy of the race, give him the item, slap his face around just so he can send me ZOMG 50 WHOLE TROOPS to fight the final battle. What a bunch of idiots.

The blight,as a main quest is actually far more terrible than anything else you'll encounter in the game, except maybe for the quests where you have to bring 15 items X (rat tails? don't remember/care). HOLY SHIT DUDE THE FREAKING BLIGHT IS COMING AND YOU WANT FREAKING RAT TAILS/MANA POTIONS/UNDEAD TESTICLES? By the way, this isn't the first blight and it isn't the last. This makes it even more generic and mundane. I mean, for dragon age 2, we will probably have to fight THE NEXT BLIGHT.

The game had a ridiculous amount of unnecessary fights that got tedious to the extreme. There is auto levelling, which makes item management and pimping out characters a waste of your time and effort. Especially considering the last fight can be won almost without your participation.

Most of the player characters are actually pretty predictable in what they say,which becomes intolerable after a few hours.

All in all,the game doesn't come close to the Baldur's Gate series, and it really doesn't feel like "spiritual successor" of anything to me. Didn't really feel like my choices affected anything in the game, except for the type of soldiers I got during the final battle. Gee, thanks. I guess.

The one thing I liked though, was the Fade world in the mage's tower. That had a BG-ish feel to it. Was probably the only original/fresh idea in the entire goddamn game.

So their you have it,my take on DAO but don't listen to me though,i am just a hack and slash junky who hate America. silence

[/quote]
Yes you are [/quote]

So far you haven't been able to counter what i am saying about DAO,why not give me a review on why you think i am wrong instead of one shot answers that are pointless.

All you have done is concentrate on me instead of the topic at hand,this shows that you have no answer and can't have a mature debate,you are making this to easy for me. thankyou

Anyway i am off to bed.. sleep [/quote]

Ok
D2 have a weak story and characters.I didn" find anything about them.Conversation with them is so limited and predictable.Only one part of story is good and that is ending which is suprising while DA:O have hundred of these moments.History is weak becaose only thing that I find is about Divine one and that is it.Enemies look sh*ty.I mean I didn"t know that dragon knight can have problems to kill damn ink,goblins.These are funny so only true enemies are black ring.Animations are bad if you ask me.Check this and see what people think CLICK.Music is failure when comparison to DA:O music.Grapich is only thing where D2 can win becaose BioWare want to create game that can be played on many PCs.Dragon form!!!Oh my god such big deal.First village and island are really good but Fords are stupid.They didn"t even create world there,only water and your dragon form to fly.But as you now dragon form is dissapointing becaose of restrictions.Battle tower has suprise me becaose I though It will be something bigger and better,but It was very limited.But as always this game only get + from me becaose of side quests.Here you are I completly agree with this. About DA:O being same as lord of rings here is what people think about it

[/quote]

Right ,i am at work so i can't go on for to long. laugh

That's better at least you are actually explaining why you think DAO deserves the praise it's getting.Unfortunately i do not agree with you,along with many other people that have played the game. We are never going to agree and that's good because if we all though the same ,debating would be boring.

Let's just say that D2 could do with a few improvements but DAO could do with a whole make over in my opinion.

Let's see what the expansion brings,perhaps they will take in account players concerns and actually make a game that deserves the over the top ratings.

Their is not much else i can say about the game,i have given my reasons and a mini review on why i think it's lacking in many ways. Don't think for one minute that it's a personal thing against American dev teams,it's not.

The longest game i ever played was from American,i played it for six years.That game gave me some of the best moments i have had in any game i have ever played.

EQ1 vet in the house. laugh

Last edited by Ineluke; 11/01/10 12:10 PM.
addict
addict
[quote=Ineluke][quote=Raven.rpg][quote=Ineluke][quote=Raven.rpg][quote=Ineluke]Personally ,even if this game was perfect they would find something wrong,it's not American or Canadian.

I think they can keep their RPG and we will keep ours,Larian have much support in Europe and perhaps even Asia.

How anyone can say that this story is not better than that "Lord Of The Rings" blatant copy by BioWare,i don't know.

Don't get me wrong DAO is a bit more Polished but it's static unimaginative and damn right boring,yes i said boring. It's your typical linear stuff that BioWare like to churn out to their fanbase.

I have both games and i have played through DAO 1-1/2 times now just to see if i a missing something with all these top reviews it's getting.

BioWare have lost their way ,fame, rep and to much money have clouded their vision,they no longer have that RPG feel. What we have now is an over the top extended movie where most of the time is spent staring at lifeless pixels that spout constant dribble,no thanks ill stick with a RPG that has soul.

Now, i don't mind a good story but come on,it's constant stand still and unoriginal. Why copy the lord of the rings,think of your own theme BioWare.

We have The Witcher Assassin Of Kings.. the witcher EE was a master piece ,yet again didn't get the respect it deserve.

As a Europeans we should support all European dev teams that make great games,after all we in Europe know what fantasy is all about and medieval type RPG,we know what a real castle looks like.

If you think that DA:O is boring you really don"t know what is old-school classical RPG.

and I am gonna buy Gothic and Witcher to support our devs but I am still BioWare fan.and Drakensang is good game but boring.Weak story and characters in your party don"t have any personality or past.

No one is saying that DAO is the same game as lord of the rings ..read the freaking post carefully dude.

What many have said,and i agree is that the story is the same as lord of the rings,it's a blatant copy.

I don't know what old school RPG is? get real how the hell do you know what i think old school RPG is, i have played countless RPG.

Don't even try to tell me what RPG i have played,you haven't got a clue.DAO is boring ,it's shiny and dull, lacking any originality and depth.If DAO was like BG1 then yeah it would get more love from me but it isn't.

Go play Drakensang " The Dark Eye" then come back and tell me about "old school" rpg. That game is IMO better than DAO,it's only let down is the voice over but other than that it blitz DAO into the dirt.

It's skill system and crafting is ten times better because it's sandbox,you do know what sandbox is don't you.

It has a great story that makes DAO look like the unoriginal rip from Lord of the rings it is.

Like i said, DAO is a freaking movie that gets real boring and predictable after the first few hours,you know where it's going.

The world is a box and your typical BioWare push you along the pathway crab,it's got to be the most linear game they have made.

D2 story is miles ahead of DAO,it spits it out and leave people like you to pick it back up again.

All in all DAO is a flash one track pony that is old and lacking any real substance,it's like BioWare have got stuck in their ways and move away from what made them special in the first place.

These days ,if you play one BioWare game then you have played them all but in a different skin.

Now,as for me needing a doctor ,yes i do because i think DAO has nearly bored me to death.

ahh that is point
I guess your first RPG was Oblivion and now you think that every RPG should be sandbox
and that BioWare games are linear.Yes they are linear,but full of deatails,history,interesting characters,world,details,replability...and they are emotional,so you really feel something when you talk with companions.

So you didn't clock the BG1 bit then,you do know what that stands for,don't you?

Oblivion the actual game by it's self is not that good,flash graphics but lacking in many ways,scaling being one of them. It's the hard special work from the modders that have made that game a good RPG,without the mods it would be another lacking RPG in the same vain as DAO.

Instead of jumping to conclusions and just picking out bit's of my post that suit you,read what i am saying.Know one is arguing the detail BioWare have put into DAO or the fact you can repeat the same dull process as many times as you want.

I am not for a minute saying that BioWare are a crap dev team,that would be just dumb but they are seriously feeding us the same old stuff with different skins. I spent many a year playing NWN1 and many an evening smashing the crap out of BG1-2,they were or are epic games.

DAO is not so epic,yeah it looks good and a lot has gone into the game mechanics but it's still lacking that real RPG feel that Bioware used to have,now it's more like a freaking night at the movies.

I can sit here and say "hand on heart " i felt more emotion getting my dragon stone today and changing form than i did playing DAO for 60-70 hours.

My take..

I found the people's reactions in the world quite implausible. I mean, with the blight coming and all, you'd think people understood the importance of fighting together, but no, each side (humans, dwarves, elves, gee how original btw) has their petty bullshit that makes me basically go through a standard 3 level dungeon/temple/ruins and massacre everything inside, get the w/e quest item, go back to the main guy of the race, give him the item, slap his face around just so he can send me ZOMG 50 WHOLE TROOPS to fight the final battle. What a bunch of idiots.

The blight,as a main quest is actually far more terrible than anything else you'll encounter in the game, except maybe for the quests where you have to bring 15 items X (rat tails? don't remember/care). HOLY SHIT DUDE THE FREAKING BLIGHT IS COMING AND YOU WANT FREAKING RAT TAILS/MANA POTIONS/UNDEAD TESTICLES? By the way, this isn't the first blight and it isn't the last. This makes it even more generic and mundane. I mean, for dragon age 2, we will probably have to fight THE NEXT BLIGHT.

The game had a ridiculous amount of unnecessary fights that got tedious to the extreme. There is auto levelling, which makes item management and pimping out characters a waste of your time and effort. Especially considering the last fight can be won almost without your participation.

Most of the player characters are actually pretty predictable in what they say,which becomes intolerable after a few hours.

All in all,the game doesn't come close to the Baldur's Gate series, and it really doesn't feel like "spiritual successor" of anything to me. Didn't really feel like my choices affected anything in the game, except for the type of soldiers I got during the final battle. Gee, thanks. I guess.

The one thing I liked though, was the Fade world in the mage's tower. That had a BG-ish feel to it. Was probably the only original/fresh idea in the entire goddamn game.

So their you have it,my take on DAO but don't listen to me though,i am just a hack and slash junky who hate America. silence

[/quote]
Yes you are [/quote]

So far you haven't been able to counter what i am saying about DAO,why not give me a review on why you think i am wrong instead of one shot answers that are pointless.

All you have done is concentrate on me instead of the topic at hand,this shows that you have no answer and can't have a mature debate,you are making this to easy for me. thankyou

Ok
D2 have a weak story and characters.I didn" find anything about them.Conversation with them is so limited and predictable.Only one part of story is good and that is ending which is suprising while DA:O have hundred of these moments.History is weak becaose only thing that I find is about Divine one and that is it.Enemies look sh*ty.I mean I didn"t know that dragon knight can have problems to kill damn ink,goblins.These are funny so only true enemies are black ring.Animations are bad if you ask me.Check this and see what people think CLICK.Music is failure when comparison to DA:O music.Grapich is only thing where D2 can win becaose BioWare want to create game that can be played on many PCs.Dragon form!!!Oh my god such big deal.First village and island are really good but Fords are stupid.They didn"t even create world there,only water and your dragon form to fly.But as you now dragon form is dissapointing becaose of restrictions.Battle tower has suprise me becaose I though It will be something bigger and better,but It was very limited.But as always this game only get + from me becaose of side quests.Here you are I completly agree with this. About DA:O being same as lord of rings here is what people think about it

[/quote]

That's better at least you are actually explaining why you think DAO deserves the praise it's getting.Unfortunately i do not agree with you,along with many other people that have played the game. We are never going to agree and that's good because if we all though the same ,debating would be boring.

Let's just say that D2 could do with a few improvements but DAO could do with a whole make over in my opinion.

Let's see what the expansion brings,perhaps they will take in account players concerns and actually make a game that deserves the over the top ratings.

Their is not much else i can say about the game,i have given my reason and a mini review on why i think it's lacking in many ways. Don't think for one minute though that it's a personal thing against American dev teams.

The longest game i ever played was from American,i played it for six years.That game gave me some of the best moments i have had in any game i have ever played.

EQ1 vet in the house. laugh [/quote]

Ooooo
You give up
Shame yourself
I thought that this will be debate of centuary
but OK.I win

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
[quote=Raven.rpg][quote=Ineluke][quote=Raven.rpg][quote=Ineluke][quote=Raven.rpg][quote=Ineluke]Personally ,even if this game was perfect they would find something wrong,it's not American or Canadian.

ahh that is point

My take..

[/quote]
Yes you are [/quote]

Ok

[/quote]

Their is not much else i can say about the game,i have given my reason and a mini review on why i think it's lacking in many ways. Don't think for one minute though that it's a personal thing against American dev teams.

Ooooo
You give up
Shame yourself
but OK.I win [/quote]

Funny, while you were concentrating on me yesterday, i was giving you my reasons and a review,what's to win?

Just when i think you are mature enough to debate you go and put your foot in it. aargh

Nothing you have said has convinced me otherwise as a matter of fact you are a minority in this thread,so if we go by that it looks like you have lost. thankyou

I won this debate from the first time you accused me of being a hack and slash anti American,i didn't respond i just gave you my reason why DAO is over hyped.

Now, if their is anything else you like to debate then give me a shout ,ill be happy to educate you.

addict
addict
[quote=Ineluke][quote=Raven.rpg][quote=Ineluke][quote=Raven.rpg][quote=Ineluke][quote=Raven.rpg][quote=Ineluke]Personally ,even if this game was perfect they would find something wrong,it's not American or Canadian.

ahh that is point

My take..

[/quote]
Yes you are [/quote]

Ok

[/quote]

Ooooo
You give up
Shame yourself
but OK.I win [/quote]

Funny, while you were concentrating on me yesterday, i was giving you my reasons and a review,what's to win?

Just when i think you are mature enough to debate you go and put your foot in it. aargh

Nothing you have said has convinced me otherwise as a matter of fact you are a minority in this thread,so if we go by that it looks like you have lost. thankyou

I won this debate from the first time you accused me of being a hack and slash anti American,i didn't respond i just gave you my reason why DAO is over hyped.

Now, if their is anything else you like to debate then give me a shout ,ill be happy to educate you.

[/quote]

Don"t have to
I win
Its simple,I give you enough content to shown oyu what people and I think about your acusation that DA:O is not good RPG.But I won"t fight anymore for two different games

addict
addict
[quote=Raven.rpg][quote=Ineluke][quote=Raven.rpg][quote=Ineluke][quote=Raven.rpg][quote=Ineluke][quote=Raven.rpg][quote=Ineluke]Personally ,even if this game was perfect they would find something wrong,it's not American or Canadian.

ahh that is point

My take..

[/quote]
Yes you are [/quote]

Ok

[/quote]

Ooooo
You give up
Shame yourself
but OK.I win [/quote]

[/quote]

Don"t have to
I win
Its simple,I give you enough content to shown oyu what people and I think about your acusation that DA:O is not good RPG.But I won"t fight anymore for two different games

So you admit that you`ve lost.
Finally.

Edit, restrain from making such huge quote pyramids, edit them.

Last edited by DeviRyuuD; 11/01/10 01:55 PM.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Fight! have you got a bloody nose or something,did i miss a fight?

In a fight blows are landed,i can't say i have been hit with anything or have any bruises.

Like i said, i won yesterday, today is just the prize ceremony,glad you could attend my crowning moment. thankyou

veteran
veteran

Indeed! badsmile

I do not wish to look at the quoted words and also reading in no way!

@Raven.rpg and Ineluke : ... Is there something we can win? A beautiful big prize or something? think

Last edited by Joram; 11/01/10 03:50 PM.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
what a quote fest jesu christ reneder topic unreadable

dao vs d2
dao 10
d2 7.5

easy dao is better in any way but that dont make d2 bad

the whole think should be
risen vs d2
this 2 games can be compare not dao vs d2 cuz simply dao is 5 times bigger more complex etc and most importand dao is team based with rly fun party members when d2 is more action adventure rpg
like gothics or risen .
so d2 vs risen d2 wins mostly cuz risen is even shorte and half of skills are useless like whole no damage spells etc .

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by marcusdavidus
what a quote fest jesu christ reneder topic unreadable

dao vs d2
dao 10
d2 7.5

easy dao is better in any way but that dont make d2 bad

the whole think should be
risen vs d2
this 2 games can be compare not dao vs d2 cuz simply dao is 5 times bigger more complex etc and most importand dao is team based with rly fun party members when d2 is more action adventure rpg
like gothics or risen .
so d2 vs risen d2 wins mostly cuz risen is even shorte and half of skills are useless like whole no damage spells etc .

There was Fireball/Ice/Magic bullet.

Problem with Risen was that game became easy mode once you got Level 10 Fireball or Ice. Melee was very weak compared to magic & ranged.

Also, similar to Divinity 2 ending chapters were 100% combat and ending was terrible.

Anyway, I agree Divinity 2 & DA:O can't be compared since they're different type of RPG. Compare Drakensang with DA:O instead - both are party based.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
virumor i say NO DAMAGE SPELLS
the crystals was ok but totally no useof normal spells at all i played mage and i dont use any spells eccept fireball totally bs

so bad drakensang sux badly rly rly rly rly borring
i hope some day they make games like wizardry or m&m again i rly miss that kind of rpg

stranger
stranger
I think Divinity II: Ego Draconis deserved a 7.0, not 6.5.

Larian should have kept the classic isometric action-RPG camera, blending 2D backgrounds with 3D models. I miss a lot of things from Divine Divinity, such as the huge open-world filled with interesting things, the Diablo-like gameplay, the Ultima-like object interaction, the various cities and populated zones, even the dialogs and quest decisions.

Divinity II started well as a RPG, but became an action game very fast. After I finished Broken Valley I waited and waited and waited until the end for another interactive city that never appeared.

Let's see if Divinity III will bring the Divine Divinity magic back.

Playing RPGs since Akalabeth.
L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Libertarian
This place seems very xenophobic when it comes to anything that's from the US or Canada. Very odd. A very depressing place.

I can't stress enough that it's nothing personnel towards Canada or the US,i really have nothing against a good game coming from that part of the world.I am just being honest,i mean i actually think ME is a better game than DAO,it really is a deep and engaging game that deserves the praise.

It seems to me that a lot of people from the US won't have a bad word said against certain DEV teams even if they have not quite come up with the goods this time.Some of the reviews coming from the states and some European gaming sites are way off and not fair IMO.

Good to know it's your opinion; I don't share it.

Take "the Witcher" enhanced edition,it really is a brilliant game that has won over a hundred awards and kills DAO for story hands down,it's a fab mature RPG.

It must be a European thing, but I couldn't get into the story; maybe if I had read the book it's supposed to be based on I might have understood what little of it I did play.

DAO bad problems on the port over to consoles just like D2 had teething problems but the reviewers seem to conveniently leave stuff like that out when reviewing that game.

Maybe reviewers don't spend much time reading complaints that a small fraction of players post on a game's official forum; you do realize that all the complaints might seem like a lot of people are having problems, when it might be just the opposite.

The story is a rip from lord of the rings,i mean a blatant copy of events.

Some elements are similar, but I didn't see Tom Bombadil anywhere (come to think of it, he was missing from the movies too); nor did I see any Orcs and I'm fairly sure there are only two mages in all of Middle-Earth. There are a lot of major deviations that you've overlooked, too.

Any other dev team would be accused of an unoriginal story lacking any imagination but BioWare have got away with it.If a European dev team brings a crap game out then i will say it's crap but if that game is anywhere near decent i am going to support them.

Again, it's just your opinion; I'm sure there are others that share it, on both sides of the Atlantic, just as I'm sure there are people in both places that find it quite good.

it's a labour of love and not just a game churned out to the masses on a conveyor belt.

Gee, this sure sounds like what the Bioware Developers would say DA is to them...

I really don't understand how many people can't see it,they are stuck with these key dev teams that will continue to churn out the same old same old and gaming site will suck it up.

If this was another game set in the D&D Forgotten Realms (like most of their previous fantasy RPGs were), it would be the same old same old; since they've chosen not to do any more D&D games, I'd say they've found something that for some has the spirit of Baldur's Gate rather than the spirit of Neverwinter Nights.

Last edited by ladydesire; 11/01/10 09:46 PM. Reason: missed quote tag
old hand
old hand
Could we please take the Div 2 vs DA:O to another thread?

There's already a 15-page thread about this. wink

addict
addict
So you admit that you`ve lost.
Finally.

No I didn"t admit
Lets continue
Shall we

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
ladydesire u see the witcher was freeking outstanding . butto rly understood the witcher u need a read whole saga is aboute 9 books ( story in game is after the books but alot of characters are from book ) and most important U NEED TO BE FROM POLAND. is simply imposible to translate the witcher jokes and texts to english . i tell u only that teh book autor was on drugs and alco when he wite alot of that 9 books and is freeking outstanding , books are 18+++++ its like put dirty harry to eragon .. and eragon got bullet in ayes on the begining later harry start to exterminate elves and other punnys :P
i dont know how good books are transalted but i hope good enought so read them if u like rly good mature fantasy

V
stranger
stranger
V
For the most part I agree entirely with the Gamespot review.

Coming from a country where Triple A games are expected [Australia], Divinity 2 is poor quality in comparison to games from Bioware, Bethesda, 2K Games and all the other AAA developers.

However, I love european fantasy RPG's [Risen, The Witcher, Drakensang, Gothic Series] and I have to say, Divinity 2, from what I have played so far is a great game.

Howver, I have one issue with it, which is, the animation quality. Let's face it, they are horrible. I am an Indy developer working on a game with the Unreal Development Kit [Unreal Engine 3] and even though I have absolutely no animating experience, I can make much better animations than the ones in Divinity 2.

When I first played the game I thought my frame rate was really low, turned out it was around 40-50fps, so it wasnt video lag. I then read on the internet and discovered that it was just a pathetic job by the animation team at Larian. To be honest, I am not going to play the game again until they release a patch with animation updates, because they are abolutely horrible and I can't play a game where it looks like my character is having a seisure when he is walking.

Don't get me wrong, from the two hours I have played (with painful animations that make me cringe), I think it has a LOT of potential to be an awesome game. The storyline, while generic, still seems intriguing and the overall feel of the game [atmosphere and setting] seem great. But I just can't bring myself to play a game that is so poorly animated.

How on earth did Larian think that having a walking/running animation that consists of only 7 or 8 frames (being generous there) could be quality? That is certianly the biggest let down for me.

Sure, Larian are a small independent dev, but look at the The Witcher and Risen. The animations in both those games are decent [at worst] and the stories are excellent and both are developed by relatively small indy developers.

I just don't see why larian released the game with such poor animations. Especially when trying to break into the Western market [USA, Canada, UK, Australia, NZ] which have much higher expectations and standards than what Larian have delivered.

NOTE: I am not saying European gamers have lower expectations but the difference in polish between a western developed game and an Eastern European developed game is like night and day. Western games have more polish and feel like they are better quality and when trying to break into the western market, the developer needs to meet the expectations in presentation, which, in this case, Larian have not. Which is sad because Divinity 2 has lots of potential, just need to wait for a few patches to fix those animations and fix a few minor bugs.

Last edited by Vengeance; 12/01/10 08:13 AM.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard