Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
raven this was sarcasm iif u dont realize. and ye he can shoot lasers from ayes and make radio active poo bombs too

addict
addict
Originally Posted by marcusdavidus
raven this was sarcasm iif u dont realize. and ye he can shoot lasers from ayes and make radio active poo bombs too

Didn"t understand
confused
sorry

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by grandia01
As a Divine Divinity fan, I'd appreciate everyone's opinion(s) on gamespot's review.Do you agree that Ego Draconis: 1)Has a weak story? 2)is Buggy? and 3)Has bad animations? I'm not being an ass, just worried about my favorite game confused!! Thank you all for your time...
The review is at http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/divinity2egodraconis/review.html

The gamespot review is what made me question whether D2 was worth playing. Since I played the previous games, I didn't think it could be that bad, so I got it.

After playing for a week or more... wow. It's so addicitive. It's like a single player MMO. And unlike some MMO's, ALL the dialog is spoken, not just some and other's are displayed on a dialog. This game is ridiculously hugemongous.

And the default difficulty level... after playing to a certain point in the game, I turned it DOWN... it got frustrating.

But now, I have a posse of undead peeps and I'm kicking butt and chewing bubblegum. cool2

I give the Gamespot review a 1.. out of 10. Well, a 2.. they did review the game in the page title at least.

veteran
veteran
I'm happy I'm not alone who find this game addicitive!! always I gebin to play, I can't stop! It is sometimes a real problem ... I must eat, drink and sleep too .... grin

And I know the end, but if I enjoy, it is worth my time.
I read whole interview with Sven Vincke on PC games and GamesBanshee and I have hope next game of the trilogy gives answers to all my questions about the story and how Divinity II have a very suprizing unexcept ending!!

O yes Kensei, me too change the setting to "most easy", because the default setting was to hard for me :hihi:
Maybe next time I play this game on a harder setting, because now I play the second time, it will for me to become too easy ...

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
N
stranger
stranger
N
In regards to the thread topic. Yes, I agree with it. With all the bugs and problems I ran into, I almost felt like I was playing the beta copy of the game (IF they even bothered to beta test it before release.)

S
stranger
stranger
S
Yeah, I thought Dragon Age was more inspired by George R.R. Martin's "A Game of Thrones" and that ilk. I kept thinking the Grey Wardens were similar to the Night's Watch, and the darkspawn were like the 'Others' of legend.

The idea of a noble betraying other nobles to cement power also has strong parallels to the Song of Ice and Fire series. But, despite the parallels, the story is pretty engrossing.

But, back to Div2, I like it. The idea that the bad guy shows up, laughs at you, and then you have to fight to survive his minions is interesting. It's really hard in places (like the first time you become a dragon -- I'm not sure I can get past that point), but it's fun.

C
C
Originally Posted by grandia01
As a Divine Divinity fan, I'd appreciate everyone's opinion(s) on gamespot's review.Do you agree that Ego Draconis: 1)Has a weak story? 2)is Buggy? and 3)Has bad animations? I'm not being an ass, just worried about my favorite game confused!! Thank you all for your time...
The review is at http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/divinity2egodraconis/review.html

I haven't read, and don't care to read the review. But I'll answer based on my experience with the game (I'm on my second go-around).

1) Weak Story?-- A hearty NO! The main story line has the important elements and kept me interested. What was even more interesting were the side stories, which I won't mention because they would be spoilers. I suppose I'm just a "crazy American" (more than technically!), but I prefer the "rougher" (as someone else has said) games that have a great story to them. The ending had me practically jump out of my chair shouting "NO!!!!!" and very anxious for Divine Divinity 3:____________ smile

2) Is buggy?-- I had a glitch or two (PC version), but nothing major or game-ending.

3) Has bad animations?-- I think this is even more of a subjective answer than #1. Personally, I'm reminded a lot of Gothic 3 (which I also loved even with all it's glitches--which was probably more of my dinosaur computer than the game), but with less polish. Sure, there's a lot of repetitive animations (dying as a dragon, for instance), but seriously, there's more to a game just the animations.

As others have pointed out, Divine Divinity 2 (like the first Divine Divinity) is more than the sum of its parts. Taken has a whole, I have found it to be highly addictive, feeding on the main story as well as all the little side quests and fun stuff, and fantastic humor! I was disappointed with Beyond Divinity (never finished it, in fact)-- but not so with this one. The humor was back and had me literally laughing out loud.

I'm a Divine Divinity fan, as well, and so this comes with that in mind-- Don't worry about what other people say about your favorite game. If it's your favorite, then it doesn't matter what other people think or say about it. If people told me my hubby was buggy (well, come to think of it, he is), ugly (poor graphics), or was boring, I'd tell them to go f--- themselves. If that's what they think, let them-- I know the truth (both about my hubby and the game!)

Play the game and have a blast with it! Many people who write "professionally" here in America seem to have forgotten how to objectively evaluate and properly put together a piece of writing (essay, review, news article, etc). Don't let them ruin your fun, or skew your perspective.

All best,
~~CierraShore biggrin

"I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have LOTS of lives!"
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard