Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Stokkolm #408108 05/03/10 04:15 AM
stranger
stranger
Just to clarify. When I thanked Larian I was being sincere not sarcastic.

@ Stokkolm, "Please die in hell...". WTF?

Why are so many people so hateful???

Lord John Whorfin: History is-a made at night! Character is what you are in the dark!
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RasterOps

It comes with the Internet. It gives people the opportunity to hide behind anonymity and act/talk like they never would dare in real life.

virumor #410095 01/04/10 06:23 PM
L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by virumor
Originally Posted by RasterOps

It comes with the Internet. It gives people the opportunity to hide behind anonymity and act/talk like they never would dare in real life.

indeed but I think you still shouldn't write what some people write on the forum (talking about the hateful post, i really enjoy reading the rest smile ) you should always stay nice, even on internet.

I enjoyed the game, the story is very good and took me. I never expected such an ending and I think it is a really good ending (so not cheap like some people say), life isn't always fair and good so a game shouldn't be that either I think. I replayed the game so that is possible, collected many items and skillbooks i left the first time. In my opinion : strong story + good enough graphics + wonderful game music + nice gameplay = one of the best games i ever played.

lord amg #413220 26/05/10 01:17 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
God you people sicken me

you are all qq because your hero didnt get the always win ending and become champion of the world.

I actually liked the ending myself, and yet I always play good role characters. The ending opens up possible new pathways for an extended story. oh and gets this!......... your're character didnt even die! . Its not like playing nwn2 when your character and fellow companion actually got burried in a collapsing underground temple and became MIA after defeating the big bad dude.

Its when things get f...ked up or become desperate, is when the real heros begin to shine. And earn the rights to a hero. I thought the game had quiet a few flaws, but its twisted ending has me interested in what happens next. Evil has previaled, will there be a new shining light to render out the darkness and save the dragon, or will the dragon become a true hero and fight to the end. This I have to see!

I actually laughed when I realized I'd been played like a fiddle. Do I think I wasted my time on this game because I didnt get the win ending? shit no. I dont need a happy carebear ending to to make it worthwhile.

Last edited by Marls; 26/05/10 01:28 PM.
Marls #413227 27/05/10 06:37 AM
veteran
veteran
Nice to read this Marls smile

I like the ending like it is: a good or a bad for my hero. Confused or not. And it is my problem if I'm disappointed.
But it is a chooice I make: happy like a game is or better put my hands off from games (I don't like).
For me: I play a game for enjoying some of my "free time" I have in my life and nothing more than that!

Yeah, this is all "a game" and I don't take all things in games too seriously wink

I always wish to "play" a game, have a nice time "playing" and wish it stays in my mind like "a game", for once and for all!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #413425 01/06/10 05:29 AM
stranger
stranger
I actually loved the ending. It obviously begs for a sequel, or at least some expansion packs. More importantly, however, I appreciated the fact that it didn't end with rainbows, lollipops and unicorns. It was a great, dark twist.

I'd love to see where the creators of this game take the story.

wildstar #413491 02/06/10 05:30 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
*cough* the ending blows *cough*

B
stranger
stranger
B
I Really! Really Don't get how that ending is possiable, one it contradicts what soul forges does but I can get pass that, But SHE WAS DEAD, and having her mind eaten away by memory eaters for the love of god. And on top of that she did what the most powerfull mage of all time couldnt do (The dragon mage incase your forgot)(can't remember how to spell the name), reach across differnt dimensions, to mind **** you into doing her bidding. I also love how she fools all the wisest people in the world (including a dragon I might add) into do her bidding for her as well. If they wanted a decent ending they should had atleast shown flames surounding you in that crystal, then show it cracking or you being attacked by damian and barely survived just to sneak off to restart the dragon knights in serect inorder to attack him later that would had been a great ending.

Last edited by Brutus635; 04/06/10 08:21 PM.
Support
Support

This was apparently the first soul forge of a living person with a just executed soul. While it may have been reasonable to assume that resurrecting Ygerna would have killed Damian, I don't see how that would have had to have been the case.

Ygerna was dead, but still linked to the world of the living by the soul forge. Presumably that would have given protection from the memory eaters. She was stuck in one of her own memories, so that could have helped, as well.

We don't know what became of Maxos (yet) but he entered the hall of echoes alive. There is no reason to assume his search for power didn't lead him to other realms, or that he was trying to return to Rivellon. It is implied Maxos got into some kind of trouble, but we don't know when or what the situation is/was.

What makes you think Patriarch was fooled? He stopped short of mentioning what happened to Maxos, when he obviously could have given a warning. Maybe he figures what happened was necessary, so a warning would have only made things worse; maybe he just didn't want to interfere more than a bare minimum.

Welcome to the forum. wave

kashunut #413833 07/06/10 02:14 PM
I think the ending was perfect, given that we have the xpac coming out in a couple months. It's a great change-up from the cliched setup: the good guy wins, the bad guy crawls off to lick his wounds and swears revenge. No, ED went the "Return of the Jedi" way: things are BAD, and you are profoundly SCREWED. Coming soon: "The Dragon returns, and he is royally pissed off".

I do hope that there is an explanation as to why Ygerna is so unbelievably AWESOME. I could swear that Damian looked positively embarrassed in the final cutscene. It must have been a blow to his fragile bald-headed ego: here he is, puffing his chest and being the big bad avatar of the Ultimate Evil... meanwhile, his girlfriend and erstwhile mentor single-handedly brings herself from the dead by ensnaring the most powerful living mages AND the last Dragon Knight. Hell, even Patriarch got caught in her web in a way. I wonder if she is something MUCH more than what we believe she is... Demon of Lies itself perhaps?

"We shall not fear the coming of the shadow of death."
enthusiast
enthusiast
The ending was quite sour BEFORE we knew there would be an expansion for sure. Now that the expansion is anounced and its soon to be here, the "endind" does look VERY NICE now laugh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Damar Stiehl
I think the ending was perfect, .....

Agree! wink

Originally Posted by Damar Stiehl
......I wonder if [Ygerna] she is something MUCH more than what we believe she is... Demon of Lies itself perhaps?

I find you came with a nice theory smile ....
The Divine couldn't kill that little child, the "Demon of Lies" (Janus) who summoned a Demon in the personality of a human!!
And "what" do we know about that "little child" after the ending of Divine Divinity?

Well, the Divine take that little child and named it "Damian".
Maybe the Demon of Lies was NOT totally killed? And so he, Janus, transformed into a human, Ygerna, ... like he could transform into a monstrous beast!
Maybe?

It was also Ygerna who awakened all the bad things in Damian. Damian, the summoned child by the Demon of Lies, a new-born Black Ring !!

If I'm wrong, so sorry ... it's just something in my mind ... biggrin

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #413880 08/06/10 09:33 AM
old hand
old hand
Ygerna was just a very smart, devious girl... whose ass is going to get kicked by the Dragon Knight next. rpg001

virumor #413909 08/06/10 05:59 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T
Assassin's Creed wasn't marketed as a two-parter/trilogy or whatever it becomes and I don't believe it was known to be this way prior to actually playing it. Yeah you did eventually beat the bad guy, but that was hardly the REAL focus of the story. By the time I finished the game I couldn't care less about Altair's enemies, just the overarching story of the templars/assassins.

I don't think AC gave a TBC message either, it just ended with mass assumption.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard