Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
stranger
stranger
Hello and good morning everybody. I have the English version of the game and it won't let me install the update patch 1.03. I get an error:

Couldn't identify the installed version of Divinity II - Ego Draconis.
Debug: "02c95b6e64caa93a6c0a432b7fd03628"

Please help me out with my problem.

Thank You

smile

PS: I tried to run both the auto-updater and manually download the patch and I kept getting the same error. Also uninstalling and reinstalling the game don't work to fix the problem either....

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Originally Posted by MMA_FAN
Hello and good morning everybody. I have the English version of the game and it won't let me install the update patch 1.03. I get an error:

Thank You

smile

PS: I tried to run both the auto-updater and manually download the patch and I kept getting the same error. Also uninstalling and reinstalling the game don't work to fix the problem either....

I know you didn't want to hear this but i have the English version and i downloaded the patch and their everything was,crosshare and all,i didn't even start a new game.

I don't think it's anything to do with the patch.

I guess some people are okay and others not,that makes it kind of hard to find the problem.

Last edited by Ineluke; 16/01/10 01:53 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Sirfrog0
Sorry I made it seem like a major epidemic.. it's just frustrating that I built a pc good enough to play Crysis 2 with ease yet this game makes it seem like junk. I know there are people with these issues since I see them flaming youtube trailers and making tons of threads in tech issues. I really want to see this game at its full potential but its being held back by some sort of annoying error.
Just incase my PC is in question:

Manufacturer: System manufacturer
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 3328MB RAM
Hard Drive: 320 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)

Well I had an older setup compare to yours with e6600@3.4ghz, 3gb ram and 8800 ultra. The game can run without any problem at 1920x1200, at where some areas in game I feel bit choppy and laggish. Once I set resolution down to 1680x1050, it run pretty smoothly. All my in game settings are max with only shadow quality set at medium. Lowest fps I get now is 30+ fps, where it usually range from 40+ to 60fps. Sometimes it might not be the game itself, but might be drivers or softwares you previously installed causing all those problems you are facing now.

Originally Posted by MMA FAN

Thank You

For those which had the error couldnt identify the installed version of divinity 2, I guessing you guys are using cracked exe. You need the original or default game exe file to ensure the patch update successfully.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Honestly, I'm seeing no performance improvement from the patch.

This is extremely aggravating. If you're going to charge premium prices for a game ($50 for a new pc game), you need to deliver a premium product. This is completely bush-league, Larian should be ashamed of the technical failures of this product.

For those who have gotten this to work well, congratulations, but I don't really care to know about it. PM the Larian tech support dept. with that kind of garbage so they can try and isolate the game freeze/ stuttering problems.

apprentice
apprentice
What about the Xbox version?

old hand
old hand
Yep.
Seems like we're getting ignored now smirk

stranger
stranger
I am not using a "cracked" version of the game. I purchased it legitimately online from Gameplanet (UK). I don't use illegitimate software on my computer as I am against software piracy. So can someone in the Tech Support Department please address my issue? I am not the only one having this issue.

Thank You

smile

old hand
old hand
Is your copy a dvd version? So far the patch are for dvd version only. Its been mentioned in the 1st post of the thread. If you still having problems with it, guess you better contact the support personally.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by MMA_FAN

Thank You

smile

I am having the same problem and assume its because my game version is not the correct one (1.0.13 I think), but having said that, I tried using the auto-updater to confirm this, and it tells me my version is up to date, which is obviously incorrect, seeing as there is a 1.0.2 patch out there, which I cannot find in the english version. Having the version number the patch is for included in the patch info would be a simple and quick way to avoid all this hassle for owners of the game. It still needs explaining as to why we are getting that error message, and a link to the english version of patch 1.0.2 would be much appreciated smile Thanks for any/all replies. Oh, an afterthought, I downloaded the 1.0.3 patch (obviously, because it doesn't work smile ) but the download size was only 12mb, why is the version on this site 460mb? Even with 3 languages included, that should only be around 36mb. Thanks again. Dvd version of the game btw.

Last edited by Bob76; 16/01/10 08:50 PM.
old hand
old hand
Well the 12mb version is meant for NA version from what I know, as it already come with the 1.03 patch together with the game. That patches just augment some minor fixes I guess.

I was on english version 1.0.13 too and successfully patch it with the 460mb patch. I try using the auto update features and it allows me to update, but the download speed is pretty slow, so I just down load the patch file which show having the same file size with the auto updater and patch it manually.

apprentice
apprentice
There is no 1.02 patch for English versions.

The 12Mb patch is only for US DVD versions - international versions (UK, AU, Gogamer imports and so on)require the 460Mb. I would suggest you've downloaded the wrong one.

The file file size difference is because the US release was more up to date, and the patch only contains a small fix. The international versions are/were well behind and needed a larger patch.

Stuff @ RPGWatch https://www.rpgwatch.com/
B
stranger
stranger
B
Many thanks for the quick reply gents smile You have certainly cleared that up for me; I will download the big version of 1.0.3 and see if that allows me to patch the game and get up to date.

S
S
I downloaded the patchand tried to install it, get a error that it cannot identify the installed version if Divinity II, I even copied the patch in to the root of the Div2 game folder, is it possible that the patch is bugged???

M
stranger
stranger
M
Purchased Digital Copy from GamersGate - UK edition back in Decemeber, downloaded the patch via the update program and also downloaded standalone 400+ meg file of 1.03. I have uninstalled and reinstalled as well, clearing all traces of the software.

Both give me when trying to apply the patch.

Debug: "6af5909be2b07d65dbd64dc8284c62ff"

I wonder how long I'll wait for a fix. sad

S
stranger
stranger
S
Patch does NOT fix the stuttering issue suffered by everyone with a high-end PC.

That you managed to release a game that is unplayable and then not fix it in 3 seperate patches is absolutely unbelievable.

I have removed Divinity: Ego Draconis from the shelves of my store and will never again sell another Larian product.

You should have done the right thing and issued a refund for every copy sold, as you are obviously incapable of fixing the issue many months after release.

Shame on you.

J
stranger
stranger
J
@Silolater:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only non-Divinity sycophant here. Its absurd that my dual core, windows 7 pc with at GTS 250 (1 gig vid ram) and 6 gigs main ram cannot run this on any setting without stuttering. I even run my games on a separate, SATA II harddrive from my OS so that OS functions will not slow down my HDDs ability to read game data.

No, my harddrive is not fragmented. I know how to maintain a pc. No, I don't run other programs during gaming sessions (not that it should matter, given how much ram I have). No, I'm not going to alt-tab out to task manager and set the game priority on 'high' in order to have a playable experience. No other game, including Oblivion and Fallout 3 (which use the same engine as Div II) require me to take such absurd steps. Oh, and I run Fallout 3 at maxxed settings.

So either A: Every other game out there, including Batman (with GPU physx on), Fallout 3, Oblivion, Dragon Age, Prince of Persia, D&D Online (which uses full DX10 shaders and shadows, btw), and Borderlands are somehow "cheating" to perform as well as they do on my hardware, or B: The people at Larian don't know how to program worth a crap.

FIX YOUR DAMN GAME.

old hand
old hand
I dont know why so many having stuttering issues, as I had no such problem since I got the game installed on my close to 3 year old machine. I start the game with 1920x1200 and find bit lagish in some areas and once I lower it to 1680x1050, it runs smoothly with fps around 30+ to 60+, with all graphic settings max beside shadow set to medium. There are some minor glitches throughout the game but not serious enough to make the game unplayable.

mrDisc0: The 1st post indicate that the released patches are meant for dvd version. Digital downloaded ones might not work with the patches

Originally Posted by dtp Betty
Notes:

- Patch 1.03 contains Patch 1.01 and Patch 1.02
- To make all changes shall work properly you should start a new game
- This Patch only works with all DVD versions of the game, online retailers will deliver their patch in addition.

stranger
stranger
I have Polish version of Div2 (there IS a patch for my copy??) and pretty good gaming rig: Q9550, 4 GIGs Ram, Radeon HD4850 and despite different game settings I have only 25-40 FPS! But when I try German or English demo, game runs at full perfect 60 FPS. So I just don't know what the problem is...

Support
Support

I believe the Polish publisher released the 1.03 patch a couple weeks ago.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by KraczyKruk
I have Polish version of Div2 (there IS a patch for my copy??) and pretty good gaming rig: Q9550, 4 GIGs Ram, Radeon HD4850 and despite different game settings I have only 25-40 FPS! But when I try German or English demo, game runs at full perfect 60 FPS. So I just don't know what the problem is...

Demo's are not always a good indication of what to expect your pc performance to be like compared to the retail version.
Many demos for instance have a lot of graphical options omitted. I have not played the demo of DD2 so I am only assuming.
While your rig is good it is not fantastic KraczyKruk. You should get better framerates if you try lowering your graphic settings a little bit lower.
I have a intel E8500, 4gig RAM, Radeon HD4870 and I get around 40fps. So your frame rates are reasonable.

As for the stuttering graphics that other people are complaining about.
I have only just started reading about this problem but is it only particular to nVidia based pc's?
I do not have the problem and as I mentioned I have an ATI card.
Perhaps its a driver issue rather than a game coding problem?
I apologise if this has been suggested before.

Finally to try and keep on topic...
The patch installed fine with my game. I had to download the full 400+meg patch though.
The smaller patch gave me the same error that has already been mentioned.
I would like to know if it is really necessary to completely restart the game to get the full benefits of the patch though.
I have played for over 40 hours and I am still to finish. I really don't feel like having to start all over again. frown

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard