Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#402480 18/01/10 06:41 PM
F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Ok, Ive finally made it to the point I turn into a dragon and now Im fed up with the game. I cant get past the very first sequence where you attack stuff as a dragon. I cant get the hang of flying the thing. I have a drogon helmet,claws and tail peice on, my lvl is 19 . I have 1 point I could spend on a skill. Currently have breath and firebll lvl 1 and the pieces Im wearing give me 1 in shield and healing.

Anyway, by the time I can figure how to even get close to one of the things Im supposed to kill Im damn near dead. Then some thing flying around in the air chases and eludes me, mainly cause I cant tell where Im at even, and shoots me till I die.

I have tried this part over 20 times with no success, using potions, trying to fly behind tower etc.

The same thing happened when I tried to play Mass Effect, I did fine till I had to get in to that vehicle thing and drive it, over 50 attempts and then I sold the game. If from this point on I have to fly and fight as a dragon, then Id like to know, so I can get rid of this game now and avoid the headache.

Am I doomed?

journeyman
journeyman
its not that dragon is hard its that you either dont have the right skills dont use them right or you dont do the quest properly i personally found it impossible without dragon spirit and then a good strategy would be to kill the nest towers (The Biggest Towers on the floating rock) and then back off from everything kill the flying things heal then chase down the bastillas
1.Never stop Moving
2.Always lock-on target
Follow those rule and you should survive also if you find yourself overwhelmed get the dragon burst it should help.

Where i come from ascesion to a higher rank is a simple assasination those who are Ranked Highest watch their Front their deaths come from thier back and they die naturally because a dagger in the back naturallyu ends their life.

I am not a safe place
old hand
old hand
This is one of the easiest aerial fight in the game, where in later stage there more that going to swarm at your dragon at a time.

Most of those undead flying mob can be kill with 1 fire sphere, just fly around, aim and shoot. No difficulties at all. If found being gang bang, just try fly off their range, recover then back in battle again.

I had trouble with this fight too until I realized you could fly behind the Battle Tower and collect yer wits,heal up,level up and form a strategy which after much dying I understood I needed to take out the Dragon nests that kept spitting out those nasty wyverns before I would make any progress..... Dodging the other fire was easy.

Last edited by LordFess; 18/01/10 08:39 PM.

"He Who Lives By The Sword Shall Also Perish By The Sword."
F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Well I thank you all for input. I will try yet again. But after readin ACSS's reply that this fight is easy, Im not so sure. I dont find it easy at all. Also he said this was the easiest aerial fight in game, that means theres more. I'm pretty sure if thats the case I'll be re-selling this game back to Gamestop at the mall. Damn shame. Ive enjoyed it very much up to this damn dragon thing.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
This game isn't easy for most of us. But, with determination, you can do it. I almost gave up a few times myself. I learned with the dragon, to first strike one nest, and run for shelter to heal. Save and redo. It takes awhile but you will get the hang of it. As LordFess said, keep moving at all times unless you are in a relatively safe area healing.

This game doesn't hold your hand, players need to understand that before buying it. Combat feels unbalanced, makes it more challenging. You need to find the areas you can handle at each level.

veteran
veteran
The fisrt time I do this dragonbattle, I die many times!
I figured out I must LEARN more about "how to battle with my dragon" ... and after a while it went better and better.

Question to Forrest Ninja: do you play on the most easy difficulty? wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Yea, Im playing on the easiest setting there is, still pretty hard for me. I am a rookie gamer at best.

Thanks for the help to all. I finally made it through the first dragon part. Now Im in that fjords area and keep dying in the cave behind waterfall. Seems all the monstera are 6 or 7 lvls above me. Im at 20, Ive used my creature, my potions and most of my weapons and spells. Im hoping I can find a way to lvl up and then go back in. Doesnt look like I can though. You're right, this game doesnt hold your hand at all.

journeyman
journeyman
dont go to the cave behind the waterfall all creatures are stronger then you
cross the lake to where the towers are turn to human form and then fight the blackring on the beach
remember save often and dont enter that cave yet

Where i come from ascesion to a higher rank is a simple assasination those who are Ranked Highest watch their Front their deaths come from thier back and they die naturally because a dagger in the back naturallyu ends their life.

I am not a safe place
veteran
veteran
Yeah, there are for sure more other places to discover in the Orobas Fjords where the level of the enemies isn't so high like in the cave behind the waterfall!
Explore & discover all places you can land and transform in human... try new areas, but save often and save before you go IN new areas... !
And don't forget: in "human" you can go through the magic fields (without dying like it goes in dragonform) and discover/explore the Anti-dragonzones!

Success wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
old hand
old hand
Well just kill laiken again and get through with first dragon battle, as still its quite easy in high difficulty mode. The mobs only manage to drop around 200 of my dragon hp before I clear them all out.

As for those skeletons in the cave behind waterfall, it wont pose much problem if you character is well gear, even if you are just only level 20. If you are poorly geared, even with higher level also, the mobs still can pawn you easily.

veteran
veteran
Sorry, off-topic, but I wish to ask this question:

WHAT is the difference between easy and hard dificulty smirk ??
Have enemies more HP?
Have they more powerful spells or gear, are they stronger, faster??
A better sight/hear??
Are there "more" enemies ...?
Or ...?

Last edited by Joram; 19/01/10 03:10 PM.

F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Ok, Ive tried the cave behind waterfall..die. Stay out, Im told, ok. Tried to swim down stream to beach, meet up with groups of stuff, die. Tried flying in dragon form. Cant really fly to far it seems. I make it down to same beach I swam to and die, tried killing things like nests and flying creatures but I am always outgunned. I have like 5 pcs of dragon bone armour on. I am alvl 20 I have like 4 pts to apply to dragon skills, I think I have died enough and reloaded that Ive tried most combos with the points.

It seems you come to parts of game that you just have to play through over and over again, that cant be right.

Am I just not getting this or what?

journeyman
journeyman
your getting it because this game unlike other games does not hold your hand it becomes significantly harder to get to places that you like oh yeah and if you cant get very far its because you havent takin out the bunker yet like i said near the nests blackring on the beach but if you fly high up youll have a little cutscene also near the cave there are black goblin dudes (lvl18) and the blackring i believe are (lvl19-21) and also there are imps at (lvl 21)

stupid me had to restart cause i deleted my save file and now im having slight troubles with equipment mostly weps ...............................................................................................
anyways there is also an island to your left if your flying towards the towers there a crystal thing there in the hut on the tree thing as well as a chest oh and you might wannna spend your points on dragon spirt or shield if you find you die way to much in dragon mode

Hope this helped some

I am not a safe place
veteran
veteran
Sorry I can't help you smirk .. because I can not see or know which area you have tryed yet...
... which skills you used (humanform), your stats...

But if you're level 20 it must be possible to kill some Goblins level 21 ... have you met these kind of Goblins level 21 to 23?

I use always a combination between Ranger, Mage and Warrior. Magic Blast is realy great! Ranger Stealth too!
So I used first a bow and via Ranger Stealth I can focus on an enemy before the enemy see me! So I on that moment make the spell Magic Blast and than begin with poison Arrow and shoot with my bow! BUT, I walk backwards so the other enemies don't follow!
From the moment that 1 enemy is close by, I take a sword for the final blow!

If a Healer heals that enemies HP, I run back and try to focus first on that healer and give him a Magic Blast héhé and try to kill him first!
If an enemy shoot ranged attacks or spells to me, I jump or roll away from these attacks ...

On my first play through I was pretty much in the same boat as you, I rushed the first area took wrong skills and instead of resetting skills in Battle tower I chose to restart now that I got hang of it. Then everything seemed like a cake walk, with my summonings taking the brunt of attacks and even able to set back and just let them do all the work. With creature and max summon undead I had no issue with this area. Also doing most stuff in previous area help on my level. A few can make the difference in starting this area. But 20 is decent with right skills and gear. You should always be able to handle creatures 1 or two levels higher than you. With summons, you can handle quite a big horde even if you have to start attack and run and let the summons handle battle.

If you want to do it without summons you might need higher level. Keep in mind Drops are level based so... better gear can only be gotten once you are higher level. IF you want best chance at highest level possible when entering fords, mind read first, kill creatures second, then talk to quest givers. The amount of exp you get for quests are not level based whereas monsters are. Shop keepers can change what they sale based on your level also so relook at stock (I never needed to but...)

Also don't be afraid to use potions as I was first time through. You can get almost infinate free potions later in game. (Battle tower alchemy + runners = lots of gold and any ingrediants needed)

Insanity Is Just A Matter Of Opinion
journeyman
journeyman
it would become easier to help you out if we knew your playstyle skills you like to use things like that

I am not a safe place
F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Thanks again for all the input. I think if I can re-spec all my points I may do better. Early in game I didnt know what spells and such I may use or like so I have a lot of points spread out pretty thin. I am basically a sword guy. I have been using magic missle and firewall and fire blast. Just recently got exploding arrows. Just discovered that a ghost can help heal me. I intend on getting enough money to re-spec and then put all the points in just 5 or 6 things so they will be powerful. That may help. Problem is, Im low on money and there doesnt seem to be much to kill to get gold. I'll send guys out to look for some and see what happens. Thanks yet again for the info. The stuff you guys tell me really does help me to understand.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
how do u get in to the fort

best of the best
F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
OK...now I just spent the last hour trying to get anywhere in the Orabas area. I gave up on primordial cave...I treid and died always. I was told to stay out for awhile and I did. I tried then to swim downstream to a beach I could get out on...was swarmed by things that killed me instantly, tried several times..done with that now. The last hour I have tried using all the dragon gear I have availablr. I have used different combos of the 4 skill points I had to no avail. I cant seem to fly to far with dragon. The only place I can get to is straight downstream where I came in. The nests kill me and so do the towers that shoot at ya. I have used shield, spirit, summon friend, magic sphere or ball or whatever.

PLEASE JUST TELL ME THIS

IS THERE ANYWHERE I CAN GO IN THIS AREA?

If the answer is "no" then I truely believe I am done with this game. I do not have the hand eye skills to move this damn flying bird correctly. If Im gonna have to continue to fly and kill things would someone please tell me so I can avoid the f@#%ing headache.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard