Next Thread
Print Thread
#402548 19/01/10 02:22 AM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I am experiencing the black backgrounds in certain areas only problem. I downloaded a tool that would turn off all the post process effects and this indeed solve the problem, but I would like to turn the HDR off only. Where exactly do I go to do this?? I can't find anything like this in the game installation config. Is it somewhere else? I have the pc version.

Cyrion22 #402562 19/01/10 04:19 AM
Support
Support

You should be able to access HDR from the graphics options somewhere (I have the Xbox version). One person said that the setting for HDR wasn't saved for them when they disabled it in the options, and they had to edit the configuration xml file (this fixed a black screen problem in certain locations).

In XP the configuration file is in the folder below. It can be edited in Notepad, or any other text editor.

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Profile

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Profile

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #402564 19/01/10 04:58 AM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Thank you, I would not have thought to look there! I now have no black screen issues and don't need to use the turn-off-everything tool. Thanks for the welcome too - I will probably be on here a lot!

Cyrion22 #402592 19/01/10 11:37 AM
old hand
old hand
I find the environment much more pleasure for viewing with hdr on.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard