Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Mephasm Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Ok here is the topic everyone that wants to play through game and get all the skills and stats they can lay their hands on, lets all help out to make a list of all the skill and stat books out there please try to confirm it everyone with a screenshot. And if I make wrong information let me know so I can change the post, I am doing this for the general good smile I am going play through game again real slow this time to spot every book I can.

Skill books:

1. Farglow, Goblin Training Area, Ontop of one of the big rocks.
2. Broken Valley, Village, The Black Boar Inn, 3rd floor locked door, strange tomb, 3 parts.
3. Broken Valley, Secret Passage, Secret room with pressure plate, behind big spiderweb.
4. Broken Valley, Citadel Dungeon, Hanging from a chain, Activate pedestals, then pick the book up it is in one of the corners close to where you started at.
5. Broken Valley, Naberius Storage, Need 4 Parchments to activate the teleporter to get there.

After Battle Tower:

1. Orobas Fjords, Sinister Cavern, Book in the chest near the Book of the Dead.
2. Orobas Fjords, High Hall Mines, Near where Mundus is located.
3. Orobas Fjords, Red Hammer Tribe's Cave, Book on the bench behind the only door.
4. Kali's Fortress Headquarters, After killing Kali read "The Demon Wars" for 5 extra skill points!
5. Stone's Fortress Greenery, Drop black rose and moonshine into the spring for 1 extra skill point.
6. Ygerna's Memory, at the very end of game, behind you where you start.

Mind Reading:

1. Broken Valley, Near Temple of Maxos, Read ZixZax's mind for 2 extra skill points!
2. Orobas Fjords, Outside Depleted Ore Mine, Mindread Lister for 1 extra skill point.
3. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Read Sassan's mind for 1 extra skill point.
4. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Read Trainer's mind for 1 extra skill point.
5. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Read Enchanter's mind for 1 extra skill point.
6. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Read Necromancer's mind for 1 extra skill point.
7. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Read Alchemist's mind for 1 extra skill point.
8. Broken Valley, Mine, Mindread Ba'al for 2 extra skill points!
9. Aleroth, Ministry, Tell Zandalor to wait you need rest before start then you can mindread him for 2 extra skill points!
10. Hall of Echoes, Arena, Mindread Charon for 1 extra skill point.
11. Hall of Echoes, Arena, Mindread Marius for 1 extra skill point.
12. Hall of Echoes, Arena, Mindread Sassan for 1 extra skill point.
13. Hall of Echoes, Arena, Mindread Amdusias for 1 extra skill point.
14. Hall of Echoes, Arena, Mindread Ba'al for 1 extra skill point.

Quests:

1. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, 1st Quest from Trainer.
2. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, 1st Quest from Wesson, don't get from Radcliff.
3. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, 1st Quest from Necromancer.
4. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, 1st Quest from Alchemist.
5. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, 2nd Quest from Trainer.
6. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, 2nd Quest from Wesson, don't get from Radcliff.
7. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, 2nd Quest from Necromancer.
8. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, 2nd Quest from Alchemist.
9. Sentinel Island, Legend of the Ancient Mariner, Read The "Ancient Tomb" for 2 extra skill points.

Other:

1. Sentinel Island, When exit The Temple of Doom, Mindread the character Island to level up.
2. Sentinel Island, Near Barrier/or in Battle Tower after choosen all 4 servents, Mindread Island again for 1 extra skill point.

*Total Extra Skill Points = 43(-1 if you go for stats at the spring).

........................................................x.......................................................

Stat Books:

1. Broken Valley, Tomb, Located on one of the altars.
2. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, 3rd floor, Read Erkling's writings for 2 extra stat points.

After Battle Tower:

1. Orobas Fjords, Champion Harbour, Aurellius Office, To the right when you enter his office.
2. Stone's Fortress Greenery, Drop Oak tear and Holy basil into the spring for 5 extra stat points.
3. Broken Valley, Geshniz's Fortress Headquarters, Use Potion of wisdom to get 5 extra intelligence.

Mind Reading:

1. Broken Valley, Wooden Guard Tower, Mindread Quincy for 1 extra stat point.
2. 2. Broken Valley, Daylight Robbery, Mindread Jenae/Fillip after the robbery for 1 extra stat point.
3. Broken Valley, Citadel Dungeon, read Toshan's mind for 1 extra stat point.
4. Broken Valley, Bandit Camp, Mindread The Porter Christopher's for 1 extra stat point.
5. Broken Valley, Bandit Camp, read Targo's mind for 1 extra stat point.
6. Broken Valley, Temple of Maxos, read the Librarians mind to get 2 extra stat points from understanding the book downstairs.
7. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Before Summoning circle read Sassan's mind for 1 extra stat point.
8. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, After Summoning circle read Sassan's mind for an additional stat point.
9. Aleroth, Plaza, Mindread Augustus for 1 extra stat point.

Quests:

Other:

1. Temple of Maxos, Blood Altar, Read The Book of The Dragon for 1 extra stat point in each attribute.

*Total Extra Stat Points = 29(-5 if go for skill at the spring).

.......................................................x.......................................................

Dragon Skill Books:

1. Orobas Fjords, Primordial Cave, Chicken Room.

After Battle Tower:

2. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Personal quarters on your bed.
3. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Trainer Arena, on the table.
4. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Enchanter Workshop, on the table.
5. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Necromancer Ring, on the table.
6. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower, Alchemy Garden, on the table.
7. Sentinel Island, Battle Tower Shrine, South of the shrine in a wyerns nest.
8. Orobas Fjords, Primordial Cave, Located on the east wall of the Fire Maze.
9. Orobas Fjords, Orobas Crypt, Get one from solving a memorize puzzle with a talking chest.
10. Orobas Fjords, Orobas Crypt, This one is close to some candles on the ground.
11. Orobas Fjords, High Hall Mines, Book is near the chest next to a lava-pit, It's in the 'center' chamber of the cave
12. Orobas Fjords, Sinister Cavern, Near where Barnabus is located.
13. Orobas Fjords, Well Cave, Near where Kezzz first appears.
14. Orobas Fjords, Dark Cave, Located on a table near Ragon.
15. Orobas Fjords, Lost Tomb, Book is located the right of the coffer.
16. Orobas Fjords, Red Hammer Tribe's Cave, The book is near Groth.
17. Orobas Fjords, Bandit Hideout, Located Near Ragon.
18. Kali's Fortress Headquarters, When killed Kali she will drop 1 dragon skill book.
19. Stone's Fortress Arena, Kill Stone for 1 extra dragon skill book.
20. Stone's Flying Fortress, Kill Xanlosch for 1 extra dragon skill book.
21. Stone's Flying Fortress, Inner Passage, East of map in a chest is a dragon skill book.
22. Keara's Fortress Headquarters, Kill Keara for 1 extra dragon skill book.
23. Raze's Fortress Headquarters, Kill Raze for 1 extra dragon skill book.
24. Broken Valley, Rayhun's Fortress Headquarters, Kill Rayhun for 1 extra dragon skill book.
25. Aleroth, Ministry, Go up the stairs to the right for 1 extra dragon skill book.

Mind Reading:

1. Orobas Fjords, Primordial Cave, Mindread Patriarch for 3 extra dragon skill points!

Quests:

1. Broken Valley, Temple of Maxos, Librian Quest "The Two Volumes".

Other:

Total Extra Dragon Skill Points = 30

Updated here because, I can't edit the first post for some reason!

Last edited by Mephasm; 27/01/10 05:22 PM.
Mephasm Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Can someone pin this topic?

apprentice
apprentice
Perfect, thank you.

stranger
stranger
Amazing, but one stats point is missing here, what about quest New Order or Champion Chaos?

Received From: Richard
Requirement: Refuse to accept the 'Feast or Famine' quest
1: Seek out the New Order guards at Jackson's farm

Solution 1
2: Side with Richard and help him defeat the guards

Solution 2
2: Side with the guards and help them kill Richard
Bonus: You can get a stat point by mindreading Lomax after killing Richard.

Mephasm Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Drago666
Amazing, but one stats point is missing here, what about quest New Order or Champion Chaos?

Received From: Richard
Requirement: Refuse to accept the 'Feast or Famine' quest
1: Seek out the New Order guards at Jackson's farm

Solution 1
2: Side with Richard and help him defeat the guards

Solution 2
2: Side with the guards and help them kill Richard
Bonus: You can get a stat point by mindreading Lomax after killing Richard.

Ok thanks, but they will have to read about it because can't edit if further again lol.

If you don't edit a post for more than 2 days then you can't change it. Maybe everyday you could just change something, like put the date in the post and then change it everyday so the post doesn't 'set'.

Dragon skill books 14 and 17 are actually the same book.

I can't find the skillbook in the Citadel Dungeon.
I've actived the 4 buttons, but nothing appeared. Some help?

The Question isn't how
The Question is when
and the answer is now
enthusiast
enthusiast
Did you use the Lovis Scrying Stone?
When you get the chains to drop with the 4 items, weapons/shield.....dont take one of those! Go back to the room where you first dropped in and behind that structure hanging on a chain in the corner, is a skillbook. rpg007

Last edited by Dragonbane; 15/02/10 01:27 PM.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
o Great.

I'm far passed that part lol. I'm about to kill Laiken, but I quickly checked this to see if I forgot something.
But that's the Citadel Chamber, not Citadel Dungeon. I was looking around in the friggin' citadel Dungeon, which is the part with the skeleton trader and the 4 buttons...

The Question isn't how
The Question is when
and the answer is now
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Dragonbane
Did you use the Lovis Scrying Stone?
When you get the chains to drop with the 4 items, weapons/shield.....dont take one of those! Go back to the room where you first dropped in and behind that structure hanging on a chain in the corner, is a skillbook. rpg007

wish i knew that while i was in there lol, i didnt notice another chain x.x

addict
addict
Probably a stupid question, but... are these confirmed as being ALL of the skill and stat points in the game? That's including the Lomax stat point in New Order or Champion Chaos.

stranger
stranger
If you find all of tims strange volumes in the black boar then you get a skill book located in the fireplace.

addict
addict
That one is skill point #2 on this list.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Mephasm
Can someone pin this topic?
Should we sell these books after getting our points??

Support
Support

Using a skill or stat book will remove it from your inventory. If you have books in your miscellaneous inventory section associated with quests, etc, for the most part they can be sold (for 3 gold), as can any randomly generated books (that can show up in different locations or as loot).

Welcome to the forum. wave

addict
addict
Raze, I was wondering if maybe this topic should be remade using the lists I compiled in my guide. This topic is a decent starter for the topic of bonus points, but it has some missing information (such as the skill point in New Order or Champion Chaos), and some incorrect info (like listing an incorrect amount of dragon points, and listing one book twice).

Just thought that if we're gonna have a topic like this, it should be ass accurate as possible, which this one isn't, and the time and ability to edit it are long past.

Support
Support

Not a bad idea...

addict
addict
I'm gonna make the topic, but I'm going to keep it as brief as this topic is. More of a guide than a detailed list. People who want to actually "find" it themselves still can, and those who want the exact location can check my guide or ask (which they would do as it is, since this list isn't more descriptive).

Do you think I should keep it brief, or give a couple of sentences to most entries for the sake of being complete? And should I wrap anything post-battle tower in spoilers?

Support
Support

A short description wouldn't hurt for the sake of completeness, but it is up to you how brief or verbose you wish to be.

The way this list is set up, you can avoid reading ahead when you get to an area you have not been to yet, either with the different sections, or for each description, giving the region and general area first, then the specific location.
If you design your guide in a similar manner, you wouldn't necessarily need to use spoiler tags, though that would certainly be one way to provide an general info for those who just want to check that they have completed an area before continuing, as well as detailed directions for those who are trying to find a specific book or don't mind getting spoilers.
If you are going to use spoiler tags, though, I'm not sure why the post battle tower stuff would be more important to hide than earlier skill and stat points.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard