Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
hello, i find myself quite stuck. just at the end of the battle tower quests, you are able to transform to a dragon for real with the dragon stone thing... my thing is i have no idea how to proceed. when i try to attack the bastilas and other things, i just end up very dead very quickly. am i doing something wrong?

Support
Support

I'm not that far yet, but: Dragon Fight after getting Dragon Stone.

Welcome to the forum. wave

journeyman
journeyman
kill the nest towers first there the really big towers then mop up the bastilas if you kill the nest towers the rest is easy

Where i come from ascesion to a higher rank is a simple assasination those who are Ranked Highest watch their Front their deaths come from thier back and they die naturally because a dagger in the back naturallyu ends their life.

I am not a safe place
D
D
Yea do the nests first, their the one with the fingers that move that hatch fliers that attack you.

The way I did dragon was to keep going around in a circle around what I was trying to take down and just keep breathing fire.
Forward and sideways key at the same time and work the mouse to spin yourself right around your target like a top. Get right in close almost touching, that one can not swing fast enough to get you and a lot of the others hit other things like the tower your going around as by the time their giant arrow gets there you are behind the tower in your circular arc.

Worked for me at least, if I flew straight on I got killed as you'd have to stop to breath fire for like 5 seconds to take down the tower. Circular just as long but you take less damage as your moving.

Last edited by Diff_1; 30/01/10 05:19 AM.

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
EVGA X58 motherboard
6GB of OCZ DDR3 memory
watercoooled i7 920 @ 3.8GHz (4+4 cores)
EVGA (Nvidia) GTX 275 graphics
Creative X-fi elite pro sound card.
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
ok, i have the xbox 360 version... would that tip work for there as well, because, well, i am just dying ALOT..... and about to break my only good controler lol

journeyman
journeyman
Being the Dragon is no different than when you are fighting in human form. Sometimes you have to duck and run and then come back. That works especially well in the flying fortess parts.

Make sure you invest points in Dragon Spirit so that you can heal yourself up with out using potions. ALso, If you are getting low on hitpoints you can transorm back to human form and the Wyverns and ballistas do not attack you. Sometimes that's the best way to heal yourself back up again.

D
D
DB makes some good points with going human over some land of course if you get into trouble. Don't be afraid to run and hide as was said, most baddies will not follow you and if they do it will only be one or 2.
I also used the technique of tucking in under a floating rock or whatever and hovering with coverage on at least 2 sides. The baddies can only come at you from the front and I just whittled them done one by one. Be sure to tuck in where the towers can not get you of course.

I even had some success with taking flying baddies down with my bow in human form if they get close enough. Takes a lot of time but it is possible to clear out a couple fliers that way. The easy ones of course not a commander or anything as they can heal themselves 2 or 3 times.

As far as using a Xbox controller to make yourself spin around your target I'd have no clue how to tell you to do it, suspect it might be possible though.
Have not used a gaming console since the mid 80's. Probably before most of you were born. think
We only had movement, jump and fire/shoot keys back then and wonderful 8 bit graphics. aargh

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
EVGA X58 motherboard
6GB of OCZ DDR3 memory
I'm also on the 360 and I've never had much trouble with the dragon form. To circle an enemy all you have to do is lock onto them with LT and push the L stick left or right, though I don't really do that too often. No matter what area I'm in I always go after lightning and wizard towers first as they're the most dangerous to you. Then just mop up what's left. Level Fire Breath and Fire Ball first as their your main actions. If your stuck in the first dragon area level FB as it will allow you to take out the stationary targets the fastest. If you did all the side quests up to that point then you should have Bone Dragon tail, head, and claw armor. These will give you polymorph, dragon spirit and an attack boost. Attack everything systematically, take out ballista on the same island floor by floor. As long as you keep moving nothing should hit you often. Just circle each floor of an island flaming ballista until you get to the top, then destroy the nest tower and use fire ball on nearby fliers. Then do the same for the other island. When taking on tough enemies that can heal themselves use polymorph on them. Dragon Commanders can be morphed and stripped of their healing, then just flame them until they die.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
ok, im going to sound like a total noob... but how can i transform back into a human? i try to use the dtagon stone, and it does not work at all... nothing happens. do i need to quick slot it?
or what?

D
D
On PC, you did not say which version,, I used the "Q" key (defualt I think) that transforms to dragon and back to human and vice-versa.
You can also drag that dragon stone into one of your quick slots at the bottom of the screen just like a skill.
One thing I did not like about this game is it did not have enough quick slots, but that is way off subject. silly

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
EVGA X58 motherboard
6GB of OCZ DDR3 memory
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
i think i need to read the manual, i have the 360 version... and it is very confusing...

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
hold 1 of your d-pads down select the morphing stone and you can preset it so you just have to hit a d-pad arrow and you can simply reverse back

That's what I do as well. Wish you could just use the RB to do that. PC users just have to use the Q key to switch but us Xbox users need to waste a hot key on it. Maybe Larian will allow you use RB in patch, RB isn't used for anything else but menu scrolling anyway.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
ok ill try that, do you have to be on land to do that? or can you hover over land and just fall

In human form you can morph while on the ground or in the air as long as there's enough room around you. You need roughly 8-10 feet of clear ground(or air if you jump off a cliff) in order to morph. In dragon form you can de-morph almost anywhere. Dropping from above is sometimes the only way to get to certain areas such as wyvern nests and platforms in flying fortress areas. As long as there's ground(or water) below you, you can de-morph anywhere. Just be careful as their are some areas where you can fall to your death, such as Broken Valley.

D
D
Yep broken valleys poison after you get your battle tower will kill you over mighty fast in human form or dragon form if you get too low (into the poison) in either form.

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
EVGA X58 motherboard
6GB of OCZ DDR3 memory
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
thanks guys, i will hotkey the stone and hope for the best... cause this is seriously irritating... smile

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard