Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ok, so I'm now going through the island to pick which servants I want in my tower. Can any of you give me tips on which ones to pick so I can get the most out of them? Thanks

addict
addict
There isn"t any big difference exept personal quests
So you can take whomever you want

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks

veteran
veteran
There are some differences:

If you chose Hermosa for your trainer, you get to use a +5 Skills book, Kenneth requires you give it up.

If you choose Barbosa instead of Allan, you get to use a +5 Intelligence potion that Allan requires you give him, and I think you also get an extra skill book. Allan does let you make the best armor rating potion in the game, though.

If you choose Jo... Jo-someone over Igor for your necromancer, you get an extra skill book from his quest (it might be a bug, but it's in there unless it gets patched).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
thanks alot on that info. That'll really help me out. What about the enchanters though?

Wesson lets you obtain an additional skill point and more EXP. Radcliff lets you sacrifice the second workshop upgrade for two malachite gems. I'd pick Wesson as you can get 9 MG's from merchants and quests, as well as find 4 malachite veins in the fjords so you really don't need that many. Plus their only used for rank 10 enchantments which aren't that much better than the Rank 9 one's which don't require the MG's.

Jonelath boosts your creatures melee defense while Igor boosts the magic, but it's only by like 2 points so take Jonelath for the extra EXP. Hermosa and Barbatos allow you to keep the +5 skill and INT item while also giving more EXP, so their a no brainer. Plus the Allan Brew isn't much more useful than the rank 9 or 10 armor potion. It requires many more ingredients to make.

Last edited by 30johner; 05/02/10 11:19 PM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard