Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#406547 17/02/10 05:06 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
how to kill the bandit leader? (I was against him face to face but very hard while he was attacked with a very strong attack until I was half-life, it was only one attack. I attacked him with an arrow and he also attacked me with arrows and I can not avoid it mad

how can i kill him confused

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
please help me im stuck hire and i alredy seve it so i cant do another quest

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
somebody give me an clue how to kill that stupid thing!!

D
D
Use your creature or creatures to distract him that's what I did.
I used them and sent them out and stayed on steps at edge of bow range and picked him off.
he should draw his sword after the creatures attack him.

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
EVGA X58 motherboard
6GB of OCZ DDR3 memory
watercoooled i7 920 @ 3.8GHz (4+4 cores)
EVGA (Nvidia) GTX 275 graphics
Creative X-fi elite pro sound card.
Diff_1 #406569 17/02/10 08:41 PM
Support
Support

It is a good idea to create a new save before entering new building/areas so you at least have to option to reload if you are run into trouble but can not retreat.

How many potions do you have? As long as you do more damage to him than he does to you, you can trade arrows and drink health/rejuvenation potions.

Do you have any spare skill points? Save and try out different tactics. Summoning a demon should help as a distraction. Rush Attack has a chance of stunning briefly, so you could save, rush attack, if he gets stunned get another hit in, otherwise jump back and switch back to a bow. Poison Arrow or Fire Wall, etc could help.

You can always run back up the ramp to heal, though he will recover his health as well if you wait too long.

Raze #406590 18/02/10 06:48 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
no am level 9 and i dont have a crature yet

Support
Support

If you do not have any spare skill points, what skills do you have?
Do you have any skill bonuses on jewelry that you could try?

Did you try hit and run with a bow, keeping far enough back you could quickly retreat once you started taking too much damage?

Raze #406601 18/02/10 10:40 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
but the arrow just folowing me, i cant run

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
i still cant kill him

journeyman
journeyman
try leaving and coming back later at lvl 9 the bandit leader is meeean try again at lvl 11 or 12

Where i come from ascesion to a higher rank is a simple assasination those who are Ranked Highest watch their Front their deaths come from thier back and they die naturally because a dagger in the back naturallyu ends their life.

I am not a safe place
Support
Support

It is possible to dodge arrows; lowering the game difficulty may help with that, if you have not done so already. In any case, if you run far enough back in the tunnel you will not be followed.

Are there any protruding rocks or alcoves or anything you can take advantage of for cover? I don't recall any, but I wasn't looking since I was a high enough level to deal with him fairly easily. A couple times I have been able to shoot at opponents over a rock, part of a boat, etc, while their attacks were mostly blocked. If there is nothing along the walls, try backing up to the flat part of the tunnel, and see if you can still do damage if you are far enough back that arrows fired at you hit the stairs.

SoulSlayer; the door is locked behind you when you enter the temple, so AFAIK without a previous save you can not leave and come back later.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard