Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Raze Offline OP
Support
OP Offline
Support

The instructions for the silver/Larian armour easter egg tell you to leave one teleporter stone on the ground and take one with you (Larian/Silver armour-screenie-spoiler or Silver Armour and Treasure Maps). Unfortunately, things don't always go according to plan. Several people have become stuck in the easter egg area, with no recent saves to re-load. I don't know why they made the teleporter pads a one-way trip (with the pad inside the easter egg area not functioning). Maybe because it was an easter egg, and you would pretty much have to be given the instructions to get there.

If you brought both teleporter stones, you can get out relatively easily.

Save to a new game; the following may increase the chances of the game crashing (I didn't have any problems). Toss one stone onto the mountain, and teleport up there. You are not suppose to be in this area, so you will not be able to walk around. You can pick up the stone and toss it farther along, though, and teleport to it.

Screenshot showing the escape path from the easter egg area. (127KB) The direction should be obvious, but it is from blue to orange to red.

I got up on the mountain just a bit south east of the first jail entrance where you use the ropes. I made my way east, and came up south of the tall tree pretty much straight east of where I started. After dropping the teleporter stone close to the eastern edge of the mountain and telporting, I ended up on the grass beside the mountain. I tried to teleport back, but kept getting put beside the mountain, out of reach of the stone. I went back to Rivertown, dropped and used the teleporter stone, and ended up on top of the mountain. Then I picked that stone up, and teleported back.

If you increase the resolution of the game, you will be able to see more of your surroundings, which might make it easier to find spots the stone can be tossed to. Even if it makes the game slow or choppy, you would not have to leave it at a higher resolution for long.

If you have no teleporter stones, there is a bit more work involved. Save to a new game first.

Option A - Use the trick in the following topic to temporarily transfer yourself out of the area, pick up one teleporter stone, make sure the other one is on the ground, then save and restore the original data file. Try not to interact with anyone, complete quests, etc. while you are going to pick up a teleporter stone.
FIX for the Missing Catacombs Portal

Option B - Backup your inventory files, download another set of teleporter stones, escape the area, make sure you have both of the new teleporter stones in your inventory, then save and restore your original files.
Lost Items - guide and directory of inventory files

Raze Offline OP
Support
OP Offline
Support

Another solution, thanks to Barnabus;

Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard