Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Okay, so I'm level 14 and I decide to go check out Orobas Fjords, having never played this game before, and before I know what happens, I fell off the huge cliff and have no way "home" to where I'm supposed to be (entering Maxos tower). Any ideas?

ok
Support
Support

So you have no recent saves or an auto-save before this?

There is a path that winds back and forth up the mountain, with a teleporter shrine near the top. I assume the problem you are having is getting through the level 18 opponents.

Drop the game difficulty, if you are not already playing on easy (you can always raise it again when you get out of your current predicament).

What class are you playing?

Do you have your creature yet? The demon or ghost summon may also help, if you have them or any spare skill points to try them out (make a new save first).

Hit and run tactics with a bow might help, especially if you landed somewhere where you can get in range of the goblins without them being able to get to you. I don't recall any places like that, though.

If you have enough potions and a fair bit of luck you might be able to run through groups to get past them.

At level 15 I went to the fjords and got up to 16 with the first couple opponents. Reaching the bottom of the path brought me up to level 17 (I cleared the next beach and swam over to another to get up to level 18 before heading to sentinel island).
On level 16 I didn't have too much trouble, but then I always had an area clear behind me I could retreat to if needed. Being 2 levels lower would make things noticeably harder (though not necessarily impossible), and you may not have a safe place to retreat to until you clear out the first group.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I am lvl 20. I haven't gotten into the Battle tower yet. In the Fjords there is a "barrier" I can't go past to the east ( u have to swim east around to the next path ) How do u get thru/past the barrier? I seem have been able to walk thru the first barrier, but not the next. HELP plz.

P.S. When the hell is the PRIMA guide coming out for this game hehe

Support
Support

The barrier past the mine (and across the water) can not be disabled until after you have the battle tower. There are a couple sections of beach you can get to by swimming, one with level 18 or 19 black ring members (by some anti-dragon weapons you'll deal with later), and one with level 21 imps (and a mine).

Prima had the guide on their site, then pulled it and put up a message that it was 'coming soon', then canceled it completely.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Divinity 2 was so cool!

ok

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard