Next Thread
Print Thread
#408564 10/03/10 03:31 AM
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
1.do i have to be all classes mage/warrior/ranger or can i choose 1?
2.my stats are all ranger based an im at the boss right before i get my dragon stone an hey keeps 1 hitting me with some magic spell what can i do?

Support
Support

You need to choose a class at the start of Farglow, but that only determines your initial stat point distribution, your starting skills and your weapon. After that you can pick and choose whatever skills you wish, and distribute your stat points however you wish.

Character Optimization

Are you in the summoning chamber or throne room?

Do you have any spare skill points you could use to play around with different strategies?

Defeating Laiken(spoiler)

If you are not already playing on Easy, you could drop the difficulty temporarily.

Drinking a few temporary boost potions just before the fight could help get you started off a little better.

Try to find some cover, where you can pop out to attack, but hopefully get ranged attacks blocked. Your creature could help with this, or at least be a distraction.

What level are you? If you have a save before entering the summoning chamber you can always reload and level up some more (presumably you have already finished off all of Broken Valley and Sentinel Island, other than 1 quest in each that can not be done until later, but you can head to the fjords).

Raze #408573 10/03/10 05:15 AM
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
well i choose the archer class(trying to make a main archer my fav)
used boost potions an no no extra stat points
im lvl 14 hes lvl 13 an he can 1 hit me an this is before i have access to sewntinel island.
inside the maxos temple.like right at the guy i have to kill to get lovus stone at the blood alter

an right now im playing the whole game on easy to get a feel for it then im gonna run threw it one ach diffculty but its rediciolus how he can jsut one hit me like i was nothing

an its not laiken i havent made it that far yet its the guy whos a dragon at first(an i need his blood an scales to amke him human to kill him)

Last edited by gaarainfinity; 10/03/10 06:58 AM.
addict
addict

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
veteran
veteran
If you are more precise in your question it would be easier for people they wish to help you and you get much better the appropriate hints wink

If a Archer is your favorite, go for it and use freely ALL kind of skills you want.

As Raven.rpg said:
clic on his link here and than clic on following link in that post on "the One and only AMDUSIAS and how to kill him - thread".

NOTE:
Raven.rpg means well, but he's more than tired of that repetitive type of questions in a new topic while many of the same species already exist!
And he is certainly not the only one who gets sick, so please use the search function on this forum before making a new topic. Thanks a lot!
smile

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #408603 10/03/10 03:51 PM
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
i know i already read raven's post i always read post before i post i sent my creature on him to distract him buy once i start firing he turns an attacks me(starts by using his bow or sword doing between 45-60 damage)but the problem im having is when he uses his fireball spell(does 230 damage)thats my only problem i guess my question is how can i avoid his fireball spell in such a small area ?

addict
addict
Ok
There are few steps which you should follow

If you are cristian
take cross
and pray that he don"t use fireball spell

If you are muslim
turn on east and also pray that he don"t use fireball spell

Support
Support

There is a spot on the path, before it rises slightly, where you can target Amdusias but most of his attacks are blocked.

Once he starts attacking your creature, can you stand mostly behind your creature to attack him? Then even if switches to you, his attacks will still hit the creature. This would probably be easier if your creature had a ranger or mage head.

You could try running at him right away; even if you are not that great at melee, this will cause him to switch to a sword, so you would not have to worry about his Fireball spell (I thought he just used Exploding Arrow?).

If you just leave your creature attacking by itself, does it do any significant damage? Maybe if you wait until he is down some before attacking, you can finish him off before he uses the Fireball spell.

If you can get past him he will not follow you behind the blood alter, so that would block his attacks until you are ready to pop out and fire off a shot or two.

There is a teleporter shrine in the hallway, you can leave and level somewhere else, first. You'll need to finish off Broken Valley eventually, and it wouldn't hurt to do some of the fjords, either.

After defeating Amdusias you will get access to sentinel island. Your first encounter there you can mindread to go up a level, so the higher level you are (I made it to level 18 in the fjords) the more of an experience bonus that will be. You don't need to get to a high level, but it would be better if you got to a new level before entering, to get a full level bonus.

Raze #408628 11/03/10 01:00 AM
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
yea right now all i have is my first necromancer creature which is fairly weak.(lol wasnt sure what his attack was so i just assume dit was a fireball)imma try your plan an see if it helps me any thanks for all your help raze/raven

veteran
veteran
I think Amdusias using explosing arrows! Or maybe it was fireball ... not sure.

I didn't make use of my creature. Maybe I used Summon a Demon, that can be, but also not sure I did.

If I remember good Amdusias his weakness is a lower melee resistance (??)... so take your best melee weapon, drink a healing potion and go quickly to Amdusias and attack with your melee weapon!
Like Raze said: on that moment Amdusias takes his sword, so no more fireball or explosing arrow he use...

Success! wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Joram #408692 11/03/10 03:59 PM
addict
addict
yap
Joram is right

He don"t use fireball
He is using exploseive arrows
send creature and go in melee against him
or at least be in melee range

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
already got it an killed laiken(probably not spelled right lol)killed him with exploding arrow.thanks everyone for your help
Amdusias i didnt need to use meele i used my bow which did about 70-90 damage against him.took him down in like 7-8 hits it felt awesome XD.

Last edited by gaarainfinity; 11/03/10 07:50 PM.
veteran
veteran
Good of you! smile
I did it the second time also only with ranged damage + 1 time the spell Magic Blast :hihi:
and Amdusias was quickly killed!

Joram #408758 12/03/10 05:08 PM
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
yea i just got the shield now trying to find the sigil

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard