Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I upgraded to Windows 7 and reloaded the program. When I start it, it now says a runtime error has shut down the program. Any help to overcome this would be greatly appreciated.

Support
Support

Did you install the patch, do the Windows updates, etc?

Did you try running in compatibility mode (disable desktop composition) and run as administrator?

I don't think there are any problems in general with Win 7...

First Aid Kit for Divinity II

First Aid : when Div2 does not start or crashes

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Yes, I had read your other post on this and tried running as admin and changing the complaince setting. It is still doing it. Just to let you know, before I upgraded to 7, I had no problems running it. What Windows update, excuse my ignorance? and thank you so much for your help. I am addicted to this game

D
stranger
stranger
D
I have windows 7 on my laptop and the game runs but really slugish...Is there a way to fix
this problem>?>? please help smile thanks

Support
Support

Trenaway;
I meant just the standard Windows Update, to check for various MS bugfixes or driver updates, etc. I don't know if there are any specific updates for this problem.

What is the exact wording of the error? Maybe a google search will bring up similar problems, with possible solutions or troubleshooting suggestions.

Destinee;
Did you check that your hardware is capable of running the game well?

Other than the first aid links above, there are a couple topics about performance problems, with suggestions that might help.

Choppy game - possible fix

For people with stuttering graphics

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
This is the exact wording: C++ runtime library Program: C:\program files\divinity 2 ego draconis
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it, in a unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more inforamtion.

Once again thank you for your help.

Support
Support

The first aid topic mentions the C++ redistributable files:

Originally Posted by ForkTong
3. Make sure the Visual C++ redistributable files are installed. You can install them from our DVD:

[DVDROMDRIVE]:\Support\Visual C++\vcredist_x86.exe

That's it. If that doesn't help, you may want to try uninstalling the game and reinstalling again (maybe even after a reboot after the uninstall) cause apparently that has helped people here as well...

Did you try starting the install program as administrator?

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I have tried all that you said to do, but to no success. Still need help. Thank you.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Did you install directx 9.0c ?

Win7 comes with dx10 but not with the dx9.0c package.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
@Larian. Yes I did, I loaded the one that came from the disk. Still having the problem.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
It comes with a message that says this. Microsoft visual library C++ C:\pro This application has requested the runtime to terminate it, in a unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Thank you to all who helped me, but i figured out what was wrong. When I upgraded to Windows 7 the operating system set the date to well into the future. Thus causing the issue. Another program pointed this out to me and when I reset the date it worked. YES, I CAN PLAY THE GAME!

Support
Support

That is strange.... anyway, glad you got it working.

My brother once had a problem with Diablo (don't recall if it was 1 or 2), where (after a crash) every game was the same; each randomly generated dungeon was the same every time the game was started, with the same loot drops, etc. I took a look at it, and noticed the date for the Diablo folder was set a year in the future. After fixing that, the randomly generated stuff was back to being random.

A belated welcome to the forum. wave

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Raze, Thank you for your help. Just to let you know I was having trouble with my virusware and spybot too and nwo they work perfectly. The way I figured it out, is because my virusware was telling me that it was expired, when I just uploaded it.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard