Next Thread
Print Thread
R
raz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
hi all. i am new to the forum.but i am wondering if this is a bug.i am at the dragon statue puzzle at lovis tower and i tried all combinations of pressing the pressure plates on the statues and the gate will not open.including the ones in the walkthroughs.(says the first one by the ladder,in which his flame turns green,then the next one to the right,which would be the next closest one to it.and i can see it's flame switch a little,but when i go press the one closest to the gate,which would be the farthest one from the first one by the ladder, then nothing happens and not with the other one either.any help?thanks

Support
Support

You should just have to hit the pressure plates as you go from the ladder up to the gate, with the flame (isn't it just smoke?) turning green for each of the four statues in turn.

Welcome to the forum. wave

R
raz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
must be a bug then.only ther first one turns green.nothing else works.is there any other way into lovis tower?

stranger
stranger
You have to hit them in the right order?

Otherwise until you've got dragon form (and by this it will be to late), no, there isn't another way in.
If you'r playing the PC version, maybe there is a clipping cheat with whom you can just levitate around the door.

R
raz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
where would i find such a cheat .is there some kind of openable console on the pc or commands like to put my character on the other side or open the gate?this is pretty much a game breaking bug for me.it is frustrating.i tried all the combo's and it just don't work.after i press the first one it turns green.when i press the second one the breath switches kind of but stays red.while the first one turns back to red also.the others do nothing.

Support
Support

If you press the plate combinations 1-3 or 1-4, does the smoke turn red again, like it does when you press 1-2?

Can you jump around the gate, or is that blocked?
It is a little tricky, but I jumped up and out, then back in to get to the second level of some scaffolding (which was very annoying since for the timing and effort required there was nothing on the body there). It might be possible to jump up and to the right past the gate, and get back left enough to land on the ledge; then again, that may have been deliberately blocked so people would have to figure out the statues.

You might want to try doing a clean install of the game. That may help if the problem is in the game itself, rather than the save.

If that doesn't work, you could try emailing the save to Larian (support@larian.com) and see if they can open the gate.

In XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders.

R
raz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
yea if i press 1-4 or 1-3 the first one turns red again.i tried jumping around no luck.i re-installed the game ,no luck.i read somewhere that if your holding your bow and then you jump and pull out your melee weapon at the same time ,he will jump really high.but i can't figure out how to pull out a melee weapon while holding a bow.it seems i can't move a weapon into a quick slot circle.

Support
Support

On the PC don't the F1-F3 buttons switch weapon sets? On the Xbox you can just hit your melee attack button once to switch from a bow. I tried that jump/attack/jump/whatever combination, but it didn't work or I wasn't doing it right.

R
raz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
ok so i finally got it to work.for interact i had it mapped to the mouse wheel scroll up.so i would just flick up on my mouse wheel to interact.which was fine until i got to that puzzle.so i remapped it over to one side of the hat switch on my gamepad and it worked.must have been a mapping issue or something.thanks for your help.

Support
Support

That is strange.... Anyway, glad you got it working.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard