Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Lar_q #414006 10/06/10 03:17 PM
old hand
old hand
Yeah I wouldn't mind hearing Alriks opinion.
He said he enjoyed it but couldn't say anymore.
Nows your chance smile

Thanks for another update shame about the amount of issues you ran into in Development.

veteran
veteran
Well Alrik can speak but of course he can't reveal important parts of the game, but he knows that.
He can tell you whether FOV is cool or not, whether the story is splendid or not... wink
Hope for you he shows up pretty soon.

Lar_q #414008 10/06/10 03:59 PM
veteran
veteran
Dear Larian,

I can say I'm a fan since I disover Divine Divinity and play it... that was in the year 2005 if I remember correctly, but that last thing doesn't matter. wink

After I read your post lynn, it prove what I feel from the first moment I learn more about "who and what" is Larian Studios, already years ago.

I only can say:
"I have great admiration for your perseverance!!
I wish you all the best!"

Happy Joram smile

Edit: I play a little of FOV and I can say it is GREAT, just only the beginning, great expansion! And I'm absolutly sure the Xbox version would also be great!
I found Divinity II Ego Draconis also very very great RPG, the best I play! Just sometimes I have nostalgy and on that kind of moments I wish Divinity II was a little more like DD .... biggrin

Last edited by Joram; 10/06/10 04:07 PM.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #414012 10/06/10 05:21 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks for the 2nd updated lar_q. having this thread checked almoust hourly for new stuff.

I already had the feeling that Div2 team was under a very high pressure from publishers and the engine was a little "funky" in some aspects. The game overall felt realy nice but it was missing a sensation of "polish" and now i understand why.

Hopefuly Div2 vanilla with the new engine will look much better and that sensation of polish could arise making the game even more attractive to those reviewers that previously bashed the game only based on technological engine stuff. Thats why i say its realy important to use FOV to catapult the original DIV2 by making it a release pack, for example.
Honestly, most of the sub-70% scores in metacritic are mostly about "technical fails".

About some people already playing it, like alrik and joram, i just wanted to ask, did you pick more folk on the forums for some king of beta-testing in secret?

Last edited by KnightPT; 10/06/10 05:28 PM.
KnightPT #414013 10/06/10 05:41 PM
I`ve a question to Lar_q, why didn`t you release it for PS3, instead of XBox 360? Or if there were so many problems with the 360`s coding, why didn`t you set the 360 release date back for a while?

I`m not bashing console players here, i`m just saying, wouldn`t it have been better to have some time for the coding process, for 360, after the PC version was completed and out?

Aswell as, i`d like to hear Alriks opinion on FoV aswell =)

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
Joram #414014 10/06/10 05:52 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Joram
Dear Larian,

I can say I'm a fan since I disover Divine Divinity and play it... that was in the year 2005 if I remember correctly, but that last thing doesn't matter. wink

After I read your post lynn, it prove what I feel from the first moment I learn more about "who and what" is Larian Studios, already years ago.

I only can say:
"I have great admiration for your perseverance!!
I wish you all the best!"

Happy Joram smile

Edit: I play a little of FOV and I can say it is GREAT, just only the beginning, great expansion! And I'm absolutly sure the Xbox version would also be great!
I found Divinity II Ego Draconis also very very great RPG, the best I play! Just sometimes I have nostalgy and on that kind of moments I wish Divinity II was a little more like DD .... biggrin

So your didn't get to play the 360 version.

KnightPT #414018 10/06/10 07:53 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by KnightPT

About some people already playing it, like alrik and joram, i just wanted to ask, did you pick more folk on the forums for some king of beta-testing in secret?

How do you mean?
I just read on the oficial site of Larian Studios they asked for "testers" and I live in Belgium, not soo far from the Larian Studios, so nothing in "secret".

Originally Posted by DivineGamer
So your didn't get to play the 360 version.

No, that was not possible, but for me that give an extra dimention, because I played DII: ED on Xbox laugh . I prefer to play FOV on Xbox too.

Last edited by Joram; 10/06/10 07:57 PM.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Joram #414020 10/06/10 08:19 PM
old hand
old hand
Ahh thats a shame.
Wanted to know If the Engine Improvements stand out on Xbox 360,compared to the current version.

old hand
old hand
Lar_q check your private messages, I sent you an idea but don't want to advertise another game on this forum.

Also I'm glad to hear this game made it threw. There have been so many game series that I've played where various games were canceled due to technical difficulties. I'm really glad this one didn't end up in that graveyard.

I've yet to beat it and now that FOV is coming out think I'll just wait and experience it how it was meant to be experienced.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Joram #414029 10/06/10 11:38 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Joram
Originally Posted by KnightPT

How do you mean?
I just read on the oficial site of Larian Studios they asked for "testers" and I live in Belgium, not soo far from the Larian Studios, so nothing in "secret".

Didnt know that honestly, my larian site favorites' shortcut comes directly to the forums :P

KnightPT #414032 11/06/10 04:32 AM
Support
Support

There was a post about Playtesting Divinity II - Flames of Vengeance in the forum on March 3rd, and a couple mentions in other topics before and after that, though it didn't get a lot of attention.

KnightPT #414033 11/06/10 06:04 AM
C
C
Knight,

I'd read about Larian wanting testers a long while ago (or so it seems to me), and wishing so much I was in that location so that I could test! Shoot, if I didn't have a family to take care of and a household to run and finances that need constant juggling. . . I could easily sit back testing a game! During my military days, I had the pleasure of having many monitors and keyboards and various systems around me for 12 or more hours everyday (too bad I worked w/ not so nice people!).

On other notes, if FoV truly stays with the dark and lovely storyline, continues Kirill's wonderful composition, combined with similar playability of Ego Draconis-- I'm all in. Love Divinity, and D2:ED very much-- it'll be staying on my "top shelf" of favorite games. smile

Hubby and I recently have watched on DVD a little series that currently on cable/sattelite (or whatever that receptions is)-- it's called Legend of the Seeker and the t.v. series is based on 12 books. . . That would be a very fun game to play, I would think! The series has great 1-liners in it, individual personality-- lead characters are a male and female team~equals! I'd totally love to play Kahlan. . . scoping out Richard. Kahlan duel wields. Anyway, if anyone were to make this incredible series (classic good verses evil, but also character developments and interactions. Even a few "puzzles), I would hope that Larian studios would be the only folk to get their hands on the rights to do it! Larian people understand the value of story, and how much music keeps pace and encompasses all the different stories into a peaceful composition.

I suppose the previous post is all about a new idea since I am assuming FoV will be the closing of the Divinity story arc.

Oh, and Lar, thanks so much for sharing a little bit of inside info with us fans/players to help us understand, and that we can be more patient (if we so choose), with a truly incredible team. I'm glad I was able to add a little sunshine/smile to your day. Buon viaggio!

Time for bed-e-bye! Zzzzzz

All best to forum lurkers and writers! All best to the Larian team!

~~CierraShore

"I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have LOTS of lives!"
Support
Support

FoV will finish the story of the dragon knight, but not that of Damian and the Divine One (which will have to wait for Divinity 3).

Raze #414037 11/06/10 07:27 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

FoV will finish the story of the dragon knight, but not that of Damian and the Divine One (which will have to wait for Divinity 3).

How do you know that so sure Raze? wink

But still,
I was hoping there comes a "Divinity III" :hihi:

Joram #414076 11/06/10 05:44 PM
Support
Support

Well, for one the FoV FAQ.

Raze #414080 11/06/10 06:04 PM
old hand
old hand
I wouldn't be surprised if the Dragon Knight will die anyway at the end of FOV... together with Ygerna.

Originally Posted by DeviRyuuD
I`ve a question to Lar_q, why didn`t you release it for PS3, instead of XBox 360? Or if there were so many problems with the 360`s coding, why didn`t you set the 360 release date back for a while?

Isn't coding for PS3 even more complex than for X360?

Last edited by virumor; 11/06/10 06:05 PM.
Lynn #414094 11/06/10 08:54 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by lynn
Well Alrik can speak but of course he can't reveal important parts of the game, but he knows that.
He can tell you whether FOV is cool or not, whether the story is splendid or not... wink
Hope for you he shows up pretty soon.

Hello, everyone,

well, Lynn is right, I had to sign an NDA, so I'm not quite sure what I'm actuall allowed to say. wink

And I didn't respond earlier, because I'm currently not very active on forums. I've got some life outside of forums as well. wink

The parts where I could really testplay the game were really fun. smile There was fighting, and it was hard for me, because I wasn't tht familiar with the game anymore, due to he fact that I had decided to stop it several months ago becaue I decided that my PC was a little bit too weak to enjoy the game as I wanted to.

However, the parts of the add-on I played were a lot of fun. smile I know, it wasn't unfinished, and that's why I was testing it wink , but everything you might know Larian for is actually there. wink The Humour, the hints and easter eggs, the lore, containing some hints towards older Divinity games and background lore presented there. Not much, but noticieable, t least in the parts I could play - due to time restrains.

The whole game needs a lot of time, actually, longer than I had. There are a few riddles, and running around and solving quests.

Rather coming from adventure games, I rather enjoy quuests which need to be solved without fights, but with wits and ideas instead. These are also there, as well as situations wherein the hero must battle.

The fights reflect that the hero (I played a male character) is already a much more powerful character. However, I had some difficulties with the pre-defined character I chose directly from the Add-On, since I couldn't import from anywhere. Plus, as stated above, I was a bit unfamiliar with the game at that point.

Personally, I'm quite sure that everyone who enjoyed the full game will also enjoy the Add-On. smile

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
Hm,...maybe a good idea
I work this time on video's about divinity 2.During that I see ,u made so many dialogs...so many videosequences...u can make a movie to the game.. arrange the cuts so ,that nobody recognize ,where the cuts come from....u can make it so ,that u reveal no secrets.
Think u know what I mean and hope it helps maybe a little bit to make a great game famous.

A so making movie in youtube or somewhere like that....u can reach a lot of people with those mediums...and if its good ....u know? laugh

Wenn man die Meinung der Mehrheit teilt ist es Zeit sich zu besinnen
V
stranger
stranger
V
Hiya. I just registered to make a response to this thread. You say you want to communicate this game to the world and I have some ideas.

First of all, I think it's important that you know I don't own the game. I've been wanting to purchase it but in a sea of great new games - this one has been on the backburner for quite some time and the reason is simple - the price.

The majority of my PC games come from Steam and this is one of the few games that haven't received a price discount since launch. If you're familiar with Steam you'll know that when a game receives a hefty price discount - there's a TON of free advertisements from their main page. A 33%-50% discount would be HUGE and would not only gather a larger customer base but would promote the IP for future releases. Once somebody purchases the maingame - it's only a matter of time before they pick up the DLC/expansion as well.

Another thing - I get most of my game information from sites like gamespot and IGN but there has been little to no information about this new expansion on either site. If you're trying to promote this game then you have to give certain game sites new screenshots, gameplay/cinematic videos and status updates. When a person is trying to find information on a new game (or expansion) it's a good idea to make sure it's easily accessable.

I have other ideas but I figured I'd toss my 2 cents in. After reading about the expansion (from this website.. couldnt find much info anywhere else) - I'm "definitely" purchasing the game as soon as the expansion launches. A side-by-side price cut on Steam would be a "huge" incentive for gamers like myself to pick this up.

- Valcutio

Valcutio #414127 12/06/10 08:57 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
You could try starting with Divinity 1 - from GOG. Discounted price. And it will be a good entry into the Divinity Universe.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard