Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Uyuyuy
IDK but i think is just an excuse to sell the game again....Oblivion had big DLC's and were sold via DLC or expansion disk. Don't get me wrong , i love D2 and i'll buy the new version ; but i really feel i am getting cheated when the devs say that the expansion is so big that we need to do it that way. Why no sold it like a sequel if is so big or like an episode. I hope the graphic don't be blurry like in the first DV2 to make worthy re-buy DV 2 again.

Actually I could tell just from Ego Draconis itself that the developers intended there to be more content in the game, but they didn't have time or the budget to put it in. Aleroth is a huge city which you can explore only a tiny part of and do only one quest - the main quest.

There's also the case that for a game which hypes up becoming a dragon and getting a battle tower. you spend more time earthbound without a tower. That also suggests that the dragon with tower part of the game was intended to be longer.

I also note that many of the mini-movies show fighting in the streets of Aleroth, which isn't in the game.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Dragon Age Origins Awakening was released on disc and as DLC, and it was only 2GB. Surely Flames of Vengence can't be much bigger.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

There is a limit on the size of DLC. A disk release for the Xbox version was technically possible, but they couldn't get a publisher for just FoV.

Welcome to the forum. wave

oh now i understood , my apologies to the team working in the game if i over reacted.

thanks for the welcome.

I would like to know if the new version of D 2 will support the same achievements of if it will be different. I did miss 3 achievements in the game , and if i trade it for the version that includes FoV , i want to know if i can get it?

-------------

BTW sounds interesting what Stabbey said. Can't wait.

Last edited by Uyuyuy; 16/07/10 03:37 AM.
Support
Support

Spartan717;
I think the limit for DLC on Xbox Live is 2GB; FoV doesn't have to be much bigger than that, just bigger. Apparently it either wasn't close, or they could not cut a reasonable amount of content or compress the video a little more, etc, to get it under the limit.

Uyuyuy;
Somebody else asked about achievements, as well, but we have not had an answer if DKS will be separate, or the same achievements as D2:ED plus possibly some additional amount for the add-on portion.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Spartan717
Dragon Age Origins Awakening was released on disc and as DLC, and it was only 2GB. Surely Flames of Vengence can't be much bigger.

to me DAO, DAO Awakening..aren't so big like others RPG. You move from one area to another via map not like in Divinity 2 , Fallout 3 etc , where you need explore/walk the areas to find locations. IMO.

------------

ty Raze for answer my doubt... i'll wait patiently for one answer when the devs be ready to release it.

I really would like to know more about FoV .

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Spartan717

But that's not the issue here. It's up to the publisher. How many publishers want to publish a niche expansion to a niche game that requires the latter to play the former? Exactly. Getting it all bundled together is a much easier sell.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
darn do istill need to start over or can i go from old save

Don't poke the fire. It might poke back!
stranger
stranger
old save or start with a new .

A
veteran
veteran
A
Yes.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
G
stranger
stranger
G
Thanx so much for your detailed info. I love and appreciate the updates, but I'd like to hear what's going on with an Xbox 360 version.
[Linked Image]

Support
Support

That info is mentioned and discussed above, but if you have not read that far yet, basically the add-on was too large to be released as DLC and Larian could not get a publisher for just FoV on the Xbox. It will only be available as part of the Dragon Knight Saga (remastered D2:ED plus FoV); on the PC, FoV and DKS will be available separately.

Welcome to the forum. wave

A
veteran
veteran
A
Sorry to say this, but this person appears to be some kind of forum spammer to me; otherwise I wouldn't understand that Divinity 2 is nowadays called "ghd" elsewhere.

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Support
Support

The beginning certainly started off sounding like a spam post, but I have signatures disabled, so it seemed like it could have just been someone with poor English reading skills, replying to a post at the bottom of the first page, rather than going through the rest of the topic.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Well, spammers obviously begin to try tobe like just normal forum members.

I have seen totally generic, spam-free posts from spammers, too. These posts did not contain the slightest hind of spam, but were SO MUCh generic, they sometimes even missed the discussion's topic.
They sounded a bit like the reply from above.

I have made up the theory that such generic, spam-free replies are used as tests on communities to see how they react.
If reactions are positive, they might - according to my theory - later be used as compounds for spam.

Another theory of mine is, that similar generic replies are "collected" by some meta web crawler (a similar thing like a web crawling search engine) to be put together into spam - e-mails or into bigger forum posts.

The most bizarre example of spam I had encountered so far was a more or less (I don't remember any details anymore correctly) forums entry which contained links to a completely normal looking blog.

And *that* blog contained spam ! Hidden as simple text links within a much longer text which was "crafted" so, that it was meant to appear to occational readers as a pretty normal blog entry.

And the simple text links embedded within this huge block of text went to a ... well, I think it was a company of some sorts for which the spam was meant to be.

I think I should still have a copy of it somewhere.

As an essence, it boild down to the creation of an Eliza-like Turing-machine which is meant to fool humans by pretending to be a ghuman forum member, too, which is then able to - rather implicitely - offer them (the readers) spam.

--Dilbert cartoon

ok just going to make sure i have divinity2 and alli need to do is enter the hall of echos and beat the game if i buy the dragon knight saga can i still play from that point?

Support
Support

Larian has not commented on D2:ED save compatibility with DKS yet. I'd guess it is fairly likely, though (none of the mentioned changes made to DKS seem like they would necessarily prevent loading a D2:ED save).

ok thanks

addict
addict
Originally Posted by ghdfans2010
Thanx so much for your detailed info. I love and appreciate the updates, but I'd like to hear what's going on with an Xbox 360 version.

Go away. We don't support sweatshops.

Ugh, spammers.

Anyways, I was in Gamestop today and still no listing for the Dragon Knight Saga. frown Will this definitely come to North America, Larian?

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Its the same at the retail store Best Buy, even the silver concierge line doesnt have any info on the DKS. I hope its coming to North America...id hate to have to look into getting a hold of a European 360.

A
veteran
veteran
A
It's just far too early for that I assume.

--Dilbert cartoon

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard